Second To None 04/19/14 TV Taping Results

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Second To None 04/19/14 TV Taping Results

Post by cgstong »

Just found out from our correspondent that these are TV Tapings so putting the results here.

You can follow at http://wp.me/p1rVA2-9jv on on twitter at https://twitter.com/pwponderings/

Results so far

Dark match: Psycho Mike def Kongo with a spinebuster

Episode One

Silas Young def #AllEgo with the back breaker/clothesline combo. Very good match

Caprice Coleman def Tadarius Thomas with a top rope leg drop
- TD Thomas was standing while taking the top rope leg drop so kinda like a super rough ryder

ROH TV Champion Jay Lethal and Truth Martini are out. Jay Lethal issues an open TV TItle challenge match. Cheeseburger accepted.

Jay Lethal def Cheeseburger to retain the ROH TV Title with the Lethal Injection

There was a big brawl between Taven, Lethal, and Ciampa after the match. It was declared at the show that there would be a triple threat for the TV title "next week" (assuming match is later tonight)

Street Fight
Steen and Compton def Outlaw Inc when Kevin Steen pins Eddie Kingston with an F-Cinq on a ladder.

Episode Two

ACH vs Roderick Strong with TD Thomas and Adam Page
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Tars Tarkas

Re: Second To None 04/19/14 TV Taping Results

Post by Tars Tarkas »

cgstong wrote:Just found out from our correspondent that these are TV Tapings so putting the results here.
Thanks CGstong for doing this. Before in the other thread you stated that you thought this show was a Road Rage type show that would be shown on TV, as opposed to an actual TV Taping. Does your above comment affect that, or did your correspondent confirm that because it is a named show that it will also eventually be a dvd release? Apologies for keep asking this but nobody from ROH has confirmed or denied this yet? Obviously standard tv tapings are NOT released on dvd and it would be a shame if this show was the same.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Defy or Deny 3: Taven is out due to rib injury
Sucks for Taven, but this match looks more appealing to me now.
Last Real Man Hype
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Tars Tarkas wrote:
cgstong wrote:Just found out from our correspondent that these are TV Tapings so putting the results here.
Thanks CGstong for doing this. Before in the other thread you stated that you thought this show was a Road Rage type show that would be shown on TV, as opposed to an actual TV Taping. Does your above comment affect that, or did your correspondent confirm that because it is a named show that it will also eventually be a dvd release? Apologies for keep asking this but nobody from ROH has confirmed or denied this yet? Obviously standard tv tapings are NOT released on dvd and it would be a shame if this show was the same.
That's a good question man. Given that the show has been broken down into episodes, probably going to have to take back what I said and I'm actually kinda disappointed they didn't make that clear. We're still tweeting results and we haven't gotten any flack for it but had we known, we would have kept spoilers to onsite only. They could easily make this a DVD/VOD thing and/or maybe include it on another ROH on SBG TV compilation.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

ROH Second To None TV Tapings
April 19, 2014
Baltimore, MD

THESE ARE SPOILERS FOR FUTURE ROH TV EPISODES.
There was no announcement of a return.

Dark match: Psycho Mike def Kongo with a spinebuster

Episode One

Silas Young def #AllEgo with the back breaker/clothesline combo. Very good match

Caprice Coleman def Tadarius Thomas with a top rope leg drop
- TD Thomas was standing while taking the top rope leg drop so kinda like a super rough ryder

ROH TV Champion Jay Lethal and Truth Martini are out. Jay Lethal issues an open TV TItle challenge match. Cheeseburger accepted.

Jay Lethal def Cheeseburger to retain the ROH TV Title with the Lethal Injection

There was a big brawl between Taven, Lethal, and Ciampa after the match. It was declared at the show that there would be a triple threat for the TV title “next week” (assuming match is later tonight)

Street Fight
Steen and Compton def Outlaw Inc when Kevin Steen pins Eddie Kingston with an F-Cinq on a ladder.

Episode Two

Roderick Strong w/ TD Thomas and Adam Page def ACH with the End of Heartache
- said to be very good match

TV Title Triple Threat
Jay Lethal vs Matt Taven vs Tommaso Ciampa
This turned into a brawl that was broken up. Lethal attacked Ciampa before the bell. Taven got Lethal in the ring but Truch smacked him with the Book of Truth. Another brawl that was broken up. Thus a non-match.

Jay Briscoe def Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis with the Jay Driller

Episode Three

War Machine of Rowe and Hanson def Whitmer and Adam Page with the sidewinder

Vinny Marseglia, Jay Diesel and Moose def Team Benchmark & Zizou Middoux when Moose spears Middoux
- Bob Evans was out to commentate

Defy or Deny 3: Taven is out due to rib injury
ROH World Champion Adam Cole vs Jimmy Jacobs vs Mark Briscoe
- Michael Elgin was out to commentate

Mark Briscoe hit the Froggy Boy but Cole steals the pin after superkicking Mark. Cole then pins Mark with the Florida Keys.
Seems Jacobs and Mark Briscoe will not be able to have title shots while Cole is Champion

Veda Scott came out to give us the RD Evan’s Streak update: 113-0 Not competing tonight. Romantic Touch is out to give her a flower. There was a ‘Give her the D’ chant. Veda told him to close his eyes. She kicks him in the balls. Scarlette checked on RT after the segment.

Episode Four

reDRagon def Cedric Alexander & Andrew Everett with chasing the dragon on Everett.
- Great match.

Michael Elgin def AJ Styles with the Elgin bomb and wins a match for the ROH World Title down the line
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Michael Elgin def AJ Styles with the Elgin bomb and wins a match for the ROH World Title down the line
Yep, it's Cole vs Elgin at BitW.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

JTCole wrote:
Yep, it's Cole vs Elgin at BitW.
Then the third match between Elgin and Styles can be for the title!
fudge

Post by fudge »

i wonder if we're just not going to get styles vs cole. that match has money all over it
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

fudge wrote:i wonder if we're just not going to get styles vs cole. that match has money all over it
It really does. That match on lets say a main event for a PPV for the title would be huge!
MythRush

Post by MythRush »

styles vs cole is what we want!
ThatTCGuy

Post by ThatTCGuy »

My guess is that they're probably going to save AJ for a title shot against Elgin at Death Before Dishonor or Final Battle, which i'm totally fine with considering how well they work together in the ring.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Weren't Kingston & Homicide supposed to announce a third Outlaw Inc. member at some point ??
ImageImage
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

AssShooter wrote:Weren't Kingston & Homicide supposed to announce a third Outlaw Inc. member at some point ??
yep
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

AssShooter wrote:Weren't Kingston & Homicide supposed to announce a third Outlaw Inc. member at some point ??
The problem is you're expecting sense from this gimmick. It's been nearly a year, does anyone but Kingston have a clue what Outlaw Inc. is about?
Last Real Man Hype
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

They were also supposed to take down "corporate ROH" and go after the four champions of the company.

So yeah...
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

General Question...

Currently working on a new Pick 'Ems Leaderboard. I know I put up a Pick 'Ems for this show, but should I exclude it, since it ended up being a full TV Taping?
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Which dates did the Second to None episodes air?
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

donkitrk99 wrote:Which dates did the Second to None episodes air?
Episode #4 : 05/17/14
#1 : 05/24/14
#2 : 05/31/14
#3 : 06/07/14
ImageImage
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

AssShooter wrote:
donkitrk99 wrote:Which dates did the Second to None episodes air?
Episode #4 : 05/17/14
#1 : 05/24/14
#2 : 05/31/14
#3 : 06/07/14
Thank you!