Surprise match announced for SITS?

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Surprise match announced for SITS?

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

According to somebody on Twitter who is watching this week's TV show, they announced Mike Bennett against... Lance Storm!

Seems a very strange one to me but apparently it will be at SITS night one!

Also announced are Jacobs v Steen for 10th Anniversary and Briscoes v WGTT for SITS.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Re: Surprise match announced for SITS?

Post by classic-cabana »

I like Storm but this doesnt excite me. We've seen him a few times now and as a one/two night attraction he brings little apart from a solid match.

Hopefully they can build to it with some decent promos etc on TV or lead to something interesting for night 2.
astoph

Post by astoph »

Not at all what I was expecting. Of course a win for Bennett here would help his cause but still...it is WM weekend.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Bennett? Really? This proves that ROH will push someone regardless of the fans opinion, and only because Jim Cornette likes "his look"
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

If this is true, they really have no idea what to do with Bennett, storyline-wise.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

It's true, just saw it announced on the TV show
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

WrestlingMatters wrote:Bennett? Really? This proves that ROH will push someone regardless of the fans opinion, and only because Jim Cornette likes "his look"
You must be oblivious to the fact he's booed out of the building and is one of the most over heels on the roster.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

JSWO wrote:
WrestlingMatters wrote:Bennett? Really? This proves that ROH will push someone regardless of the fans opinion, and only because Jim Cornette likes "his look"
You must be oblivious to the fact he's booed out of the building and is one of the most over heels on the roster.
Exactly, Bennett is brilliant at what he does.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

JSWO wrote:
He isn't over as a heel. The Young Bucks are over as heels. Bennett gets booed because he sucks in the ring and on the mic.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

fm20000 wrote:
JSWO wrote:
He isn't over as a heel. The Young Bucks are over as heels. Bennett gets booed because he sucks in the ring and on the mic.
Heels should not be doing wrestling moves that are over with the fans and get positive heat. Bennett is very good on the mic, better than the majority of the roster, he's cocky and brash and draws heel heat because of it.

He's the opposite of what a ROH wrestler should be in the eyes of the majority of ROH fans, he is the perfect heel in ROH.

Some fans still cant accept that they are still marks and getting worked. I know Im still a mark and love watching him get beat and get annoyed when he gets wins over the likes of Adam Cole.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

classic-cabana wrote: Heels should not be doing wrestling moves that are over with the fans and get positive heat. Bennett is very good on the mic, better than the majority of the roster, he's cocky and brash and draws heel heat because of it.

He's the opposite of what a ROH wrestler should be in the eyes of the majority of ROH fans, he is the perfect heel in ROH.

Some fans still cant accept that they are still marks and getting worked.
i'm not getting worked. Jericho worked the crowd in WWE recently but I still was entertained and wanted to watch what he was going to do next. I usually support heels when I watch wrestling because they are the more entertaining characters. Bennett does NOTHING to entertain me or make me want to keep watching. Change the channel heat isn't good heat.
WrestlingMatters

JSWO wrote:You must be oblivious to the fact he's booed out of the building and is one of the most over heels on the roster.
You would get booed out of the building if you tried to go out and wrestle, does that mean you're doing a good job and selling tickets?
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
JSWO wrote:You must be oblivious to the fact he's booed out of the building and is one of the most over heels on the roster.
You would get booed out of the building if you tried to go out and wrestle, does that mean you're doing a good job and selling tickets?
This. End of thread.
WrestlingMatters

Marketh. wrote:If this is true, they really have no idea what to do with Bennett, storyline-wise.
I know, I don't know why they magically think some time soon he'll actually become a good wrestler.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

fm20000 wrote:
WrestlingMatters wrote:
This. End of thread.
He's getting booed thats his job, he's not booked to sell tickets.

Hardly anyone pays to watch just one guy anymore, its the brand/promotion they are paying to enjoy.
WrestlingMatters

classic-cabana wrote:Hardly anyone pays to watch just one guy anymore, its the brand/promotion they are paying to enjoy.
Surely if that was the case they would get some bum from the crowd to cut a promo, it would be far cheaper and accomplish exactly the same thing.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
classic-cabana wrote:Hardly anyone pays to watch just one guy anymore, its the brand/promotion they are paying to enjoy.
Surely if that was the case they would get some bum from the crowd to cut a promo, it would be far cheaper and accomplish exactly the same thing.
Obviously it wouldnt, if a promotion did that then they would become known as the promotion thats does crap like that and no one would pay to see that. People dont by a ticket to watch Richards, Steen etc, they pay to watch ROH. If those guys left, the majority of people will still pay to watch ROH, depending on the booking of course.

A promotion full of fan faves would get boring very quickly, every promotion needs it antagonists, and Bennett is a very good one.
WrestlingMatters

classic-cabana wrote:Obviously it wouldnt, if a promotion did that then they would become known as the promotion thats does crap like that and no one would pay to see that. People dont by a ticket to watch Richards, Steen etc, they pay to watch ROH. If those guys left, the majority of people will still pay to watch ROH, depending on the booking of course.

A promotion full of fan faves would get boring very quickly, every promotion needs it antagonists, and Bennett is a very good one.
That's your opinion but I don't agree with it at all, I think there are more creative ways for someone to be an effective heel and get heat than a WWE-Type guy that sucks in the ring.
Last edited by WrestlingMatters on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
classic-cabana wrote:Obviously it wouldnt, if a promotion did that then they would become known as the promotion thats does crap like that and no one would pay to see that. People dont by a ticket to watch Richards, Steen etc, they pay to watch ROH. If those guys left, the majority of people will still pay to watch ROH, depending on the booking of course.

That's your opinion and I don't agree with it at all, I just think there are more creative ways for someone to be an effective heel and get heat than a WWE-Type guy that sucks in the ring.
Our opinion differs in that I believe Bennett is good at what he does and you don't, thats fine, i respect that and will leave be.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I for one think this will be a decent match. I'm warming to Bennett and as classic-cabana said, he's good at what he does. He's nowhere near as bad in the ring as people make out and this match will be the classic 'cocky young guy vs. grizzled, respected veteran'.

While it might not be match of the night, it will give Bennett a big boost.