TV Tapings 01/04/14

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
The Dragon Saga

Re: TV Tapings 01/04/14

Post by The Dragon Saga »

DieHard wrote:AJ's theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S_R13jV11Q
He's using a rap version by LAB RATS, can't seem to find it anywhere though :/

Found something really cool on Reddit though. Some dude traveled eight hours to see the show with some friends. His live report makes me real excited for when this hits TV.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/c ... _rwreddit/
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
DieHard wrote:AJ's theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S_R13jV11Q
He's using a rap version by LAB RATS, can't seem to find it anywhere though :/

Found something really cool on Reddit though. Some dude traveled eight hours to see the show with some friends. His live report makes me real excited for when this hits TV.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/c ... _rwreddit/
Me and my group traveled 4 hours. Seeing AJ live convinced us to take the trip and we weren't disappointed, scary Styles Clash botch aside.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

If anyone's in wondering, Kyle O'Reilly & ACH apparently couldn't make the show last night due to bad weather.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
Baxter Stockman wrote:
By Mike Johnson on 2014-01-05 10:28:14

Ring of Honor was really happy with last night's TV taping in Nashville as they drew in the area of 1,000 paid with very little comps in the venue.
the article also mentions there was a lot of buzz that sth big is gonna go down at the next NYC show
Something big? I hope it's a Bullet Club invasion.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Because Ring of Honor is so good with booking heel stables.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I think there is a good chance it will be the co-promotion super show that ROH mentioned in a newswire a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's with New Japan. But that may be what the buzz is about.
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

Sounds like a good kick off to 2014. Setting up some feuds.

I like the idea of Hero feuding with The Decade. I have a feeling he will end up being their leader in a swerve or something. Its a little too convenient his return was the same night they formed.

Can't say I'm looking forward to Steen and Compton feuding. Steen deserves better than another feud with somebody nobody cares about.
brian

Post by brian »

I think that's probably what Steen will be doing till he moves on or re-signs.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Oh yeah I have to mention what an absolute slaughter Elgin and Evans was. At the end Archie got powerbombed on two set up chairs which didn't bend one inch when he hit them.
jackalope3

Post by jackalope3 »

SteenMark23 wrote:Awesome to see Trevor Lee work a dark match. He's only 20 years old, and a lot of people I know are very high on him.
+1. Trevor is a very promising talent. His character needs some work but, as far as in-ring, the kid is a great seller.
Baxter Stockman

Post by Baxter Stockman »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
Baxter Stockman wrote:
By Mike Johnson on 2014-01-05 10:28:14

Ring of Honor was really happy with last night's TV taping in Nashville as they drew in the area of 1,000 paid with very little comps in the venue.
the article also mentions there was a lot of buzz that sth big is gonna go down at the next NYC show
No it doesn't lol. Are you thinking of a different article?

Also for anyone wondering why Cole/Briscoe didn't happen, Cole is currently out with a staph infection according to Bryan Alvarez.
The Dragon Saga

Braggis wrote: Can't say I'm looking forward to Steen and Compton feuding. Steen deserves better than another feud with somebody nobody cares about.
If Steen's feud with Bennett proved anything it's that Kevin has the ability to make you want to care about guys. Coming out of Final Battle all Bennett has received is praise for it being one of his best displays in ROH and a match which could help springboard him onto having a great 2014.

While Compton doesn't have the "IT" factor Bennett has I have attested to the fact he hasn't received a proper chance to show his skills.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Compton can carry his weight in promos.

And Bennett with an "it" factor? Come on. He's a decent worker, decent mic worker, and not much else. Don't know where people get the energy to keep insisting he's some huge star
JSP

Post by JSP »

Mr. Orange wrote:I think there is a good chance it will be the co-promotion super show that ROH mentioned in a newswire a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's with New Japan. But that may be what the buzz is about.
I think you just have your "wishful thinking" cap on, brother.
The Dragon Saga

JSP wrote:Compton can carry his weight in promos.

And Bennett with an "it" factor? Come on. He's a decent worker, decent mic worker, and not much else. Don't know where people get the energy to keep insisting he's some huge star
Compton is a good brawler. I'll put it this way, if Luke Gallows showed up in ROH tomorrow the majority of the board would be talking about how good he is because he's in NJPW. Gallows and Compton have a similar hard-hitting, big power move style, Compton deserves a chance is all. If he drops the ball, fuck it.

And I disagree on Bennett. He is always improving, when he first came to ROH all he was, was a guy with a great look and some appeal because of who his girlfriend was. Now he still has that good look but hes gradually shown he has what it takes to hang with everyone else, guy doesn't get half the credit he deserves. Which is probably why Steen probably wanted to help elevate him.
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

The Dragon Saga wrote:While Compton doesn't have the "IT" factor Bennett has I have attested to the fact he hasn't received a proper chance to show his skills.
I'm not that familiar with his WWE run years ago, since I wasn't watching at the time. But he looks like a slob. He was the worst part of the SCUM angle. No personality, no charisma, the fans don't care, he looked sloppy in the ring, etc.

Steen is still one of the most over guys in the company. Feuding him against somebody nobody cares about is a waste of Steen.

And, lets be honest, Bennet has no "IT Factor." RoH has tried so many times to push this guy to the next level and he can't hack it. Hes a decent wrestler but hes not over at all.

If it wasn't for RoH wanting to keep Maria around because shes got some name recognition from her WWE run, Bennet would be a LOT lower on the card.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Braggis wrote:
If it wasn't for RoH wanting to keep Maria around because shes got some name recognition from her WWE run, Bennet would be a LOT lower on the card.
Maria is also good at what she does, including having a personality and doing little things that a lot of indy valets don't. I'd classify Scarlett as a lesser version of Maria in that she has the mannerisms and charisma, but still needs to refine it.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

JSP wrote:
Mr. Orange wrote:I think there is a good chance it will be the co-promotion super show that ROH mentioned in a newswire a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's with New Japan. But that may be what the buzz is about.
I think you just have your "wishful thinking" cap on, brother.
It's certainly possible. They'd probably use a lot of the American guys to save money but I could see them using The Hooligans, Bucks, Time Splitters, Karl Anderson and maybe 1 or 2 Japanese guys for the Main Events. It really isn't that far out of an idea considering a lot of those guys have been used in ROH last year anyway.
The Dragon Saga

Braggis wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:While Compton doesn't have the "IT" factor Bennett has I have attested to the fact he hasn't received a proper chance to show his skills.
I'm not that familiar with his WWE run years ago, since I wasn't watching at the time. But he looks like a slob. He was the worst part of the SCUM angle. No personality, no charisma, the fans don't care, he looked sloppy in the ring, etc.
His WWE run is irrelevant, I've watched his OVW stuff, again he hasn't had a proper chance to show what he has in his arsenal. The feud with Steen will show that.
Steen is still one of the most over guys in the company. Feuding him against somebody nobody cares about is a waste of Steen.
Then why did their Final Battle match get so much praise? Cause it worked. Whether you or I or some random dude in Baltimore thinks it's a waste of Steen I can guarantee Kevin probably thinks differently considering any time Bennett is brought up to him Steen always backs him up by saying people don't know how hard he works and how much he tries.
And, lets be honest, Bennet has no "IT Factor." RoH has tried so many times to push this guy to the next level and he can't hack it. Hes a decent wrestler but hes not over at all.
Right now if I look up and down the roster I see two guys who could potentially, realistically play parts in WrestleMania in three years time, one is Adam Cole and the other is Michael Bennett. That is his "IT" factor, the fact he has a great look, he looks like a guy you could make money off, he markets himself well on the indies, imagine what he'd be with some national exposure?

Say what you want about ROH not wanting him and wanting Maria, it's irrelevant, they have him, they invested in him so much he went over Edwards, Richards and Steen in the same year. It's funny how he always has solid matches, people always praise him after events and then a month later he goes back to being, "Mike Bennett the guy whose only here cause of Maria", dude has more about him then a good chunk of the roster, and that's saying something.
Braggis

Post by Braggis »

I don't hate Bennet. Hes not a terrible wrestler. Hes gotten a lot better over the past year which is to be expected.

But hes NOT over. It isn't that people like him or don't like him, nobody gives a crap about him. Like Dragon Saga said, he went over both American Wolves and Steen (all former/fairly recent RoH Champions), turned on Brutal Bob to give him a bigger Heel push, brutalized fan favorite Cheeseburger to sell his villainous persona and people STILL don't care. That says something and its not very good.

Hes a good wrestler and his mic skills are passable. But I don't see this superstar "IT Factor" you speak of.