TV Tapings 01/04/14

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Mr. Orange

Re: TV Tapings 01/04/14

Post by Mr. Orange »

Tapings look good. I like the way the Top Prospect Tournament progressed. Hopefully Everett, Hollis, Rowe, and Hanson impressed.

I don't think Elgin is a heel. I just think he's going to fuck up pretty much anyway that stands in his way now. Which is awesome and how Elgin should be. I love how he didn't pin RD and he power bombed him through the chairs.

It is so awesome that Nashville is getting Best in the World. ROH expanding into new markets is always a good thing. Ciampa tweeted saying the crowd was awesome so it's good to see that they are being rewarded.
dangerousdamon

Post by dangerousdamon »

BTW10 wrote:Here's video of the Styles Clash from tonight http://instagram.com/p/ixoHt2nkf0/#

The fuck was Roddy thinking? You literally don't do ANYTHING to take the Styles Clash.

That's how their match from (I think) Fate of an Angel ended. It was just as brutal.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Ya Roddy has taken it like that multiple times.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

And what's with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper or did I miss something ?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Jay Briscoe def Bobby Fish via Jay Driller after failed interference from Adam Cole.
Wait, isn't it the first singles loss for Fish in a long time ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Ummm weren't Briscoe and Cole supposed to face eachother for the real world title? And yeah this is only the 2nd time Fish has been pinned in ROH, the first being in the Champions/Allstars match.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Bucky Katt

Post by Bucky Katt »

Sounds like a waste of Bobby's first singles match pinfall loss,IMO.
Last edited by Bucky Katt on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

that's the only thing that really pisses me off, sacrificing Fish's undeafetad streak in singles competition for Jay fn Briscoe, what a goddamn waste.
Really looking forward to Hanson vs Rowe, should be quite a spectacle.
The rest of the tapings sound pretty good as well, stories being continued, some intriguing matches and new and fresh faces being given a share of the spotlight, ROH is off to a good start into 2014!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

I was at the show live. Fantastic attendance, standing room only at around 800 to 1000. Almost every match had great crowd heat as well. ROH has earned my supporting them the rest of 2014 now barring they do something I really dislike.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

KL_ wrote:And what's with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper or did I miss something ?
He was only their for the autograph signing, I believe.

Also, I thought I've seen someone take the Styles Clash like that before. Just hope Roddy is ok.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

WTF Roddy? His head was already in the right position and THEN he tucks mid-fall.
Last Real Man Hype
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Bucky Katt wrote:Sounds like a waste of Bobby's first single match pinfall,IMO.
Taven made more sense in that spot imo. Have him cut a promo saying he doesn't care about the TV title because he's the longest reigning champion and has nothing to prove anymore, but Jay's "real" championship is his new target and an easy way to go after Cole. Let them have a competitive match that Taven ultimately loses because of the usual HoT antics and maybe hint a possible break-up and face turn.

That way, you have Fish's streak intact for someone else (Cole or Ciampa probably), you put over the "real" championship as something that's worth going after and you give Taven some direction after his TV title loss.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I went to the show . It looked a sell out to me. The crowd was hot all night . The show was great top to bottom. Hanson looked great , he has the potential to become a new ROH star . It was worth a 400 mile round trip drive.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I've heard and read different numbers on attendance. I've seen some people say they let more people in then they should have, others say they tarped off one section somewhere in the building, others say it was so packed you could barely move and others say they thought there'd be more people. Can anyone confirm any of this?

Shows look good too. The footage of Styles dropping Roddy is disturbing though. They should have just done the proper Styles Clash, instead of trying to make it look more brutal - that's if it wasn't an accident, but as stated above Roddy has taken it like that before.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

BTW10 wrote:Here's video of the Styles Clash from tonight

http://instagram.com/p/ixoHt2nkf0/#

The fuck was Roddy thinking? You literally don't do ANYTHING to take the Styles Clash.
It's happened to Kazarian before too. It's just second nature to want to tuck your chin on all moves, but you shouldn't for the clash.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Baxter Stockman

Post by Baxter Stockman »

By Mike Johnson on 2014-01-05 10:28:14

Ring of Honor was really happy with last night's TV taping in Nashville as they drew in the area of 1,000 paid with very little comps in the venue.
Tim

Post by Tim »

That was 100% Roddy's fault, still Ihope he's ok.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Baxter Stockman wrote:
By Mike Johnson on 2014-01-05 10:28:14

Ring of Honor was really happy with last night's TV taping in Nashville as they drew in the area of 1,000 paid with very little comps in the venue.
the article also mentions there was a lot of buzz that sth big is gonna go down at the next NYC show
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer