TV Tapings 01/04/14

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: TV Tapings 01/04/14

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Episode 2
2014 TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT
Andrew Everett def The Romantic Touch via small package

Jay Briscoe called out ROH Champion Adam Cole about his open challenge. Cole came out and said he will decide next week.

Hanson def Cheesburger via spinning kick

Mark Briscoe versus Adam Page turned into a tag vs Jacobs/Whitmer after the Decade’s failed attempt to get Mark to join them
The Decade def Mark Briscoe & Adam Page.
Strong was on commentary

ROH TV Title
Tommaso Ciampa def Silas Young to retain
Before the match, Taven came out to shake Ciampa’s hand but Young attacked him
Post match beat down twarted by Lethal and Taven leads to a 3 way stare down
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Stuttsy wrote:Not to nitpick but Everett and Trevor Lee came from CWF Mid-Atlantic. ;)
;) Duly noted Stuttsy But seriously some great talent coming out of that area. I also suggest keeping an eye on CWF and PWX.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Couple of things happened in that 2nd episode. SO HAPPY that Everett won & The Romantic Touch lost. Also I think this pretty much confirms Whitmer's back as a full time wrestler. Mark Briscoe & Adam Page teaming is....interesting. Seems like we're gonna get Ciampa/Lethal/Taven at some point. That should be good.
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

Elgin just brutalized RD Evans. Considering he went after Kongo and then Evans, I think it's safe to say that he's still a face. The WWE did something similar with Kane and The Undertaker after McMahon called them "two putrid pussies" back in the day. They would come out at random and choke slam people. I kind of like this idea.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Speaking of which, technically Evans beat Elgin by DQ according to the results, and according to him & Veda Scott, he is now "15-0". I wonder where they're going with this whole undefeated streak story.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big News: Best in the World 2014 will take place June 21st in Nashville. They must have been really happy with the attendance to announce a big show for Nashville.
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Raymond Rowe def Cory Hollis to advance

RD Evans def Mike Sells with help from Veda Scott
Veda Scott points out he is 14-0 and places an open challenge for him to reach 15-0
Elgin accepts. Fun ensues. Elgin hits his finish but doesn’t pin RD. Gets chairs instead and power bombs RD thru the chairs for a DQ #15-0

Matt Taven def TD Thomas via top rope splash

Jay Briscoe out for an answer to his open challenge to Cole. Bobby Fish interrupts and challenges him for the Briscoe World Title!
Jay Briscoe def Bobby Fish via Jay Driller after failed interference from Adam Cole.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

No Hardy with Cole?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Hanson def Andrew Everett to advance

Rowe vs Hanson in the finals
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

fm20000 wrote:No Hardy with Cole?
I heard somewhere that they couldn't afford to bring in Hardy for the tapings because Styles & Piper have high booking fees.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Mike Bennett def Cedric Alexander via anaconda vice with the help of Maria
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

ROH's treatment of C&C baffles me. These guys are basically the Eliminators for ROH.

I think that they should just start a stable with Coleman, Alexander, ACH, and Thomas called "4 Black Guys with Nothing to Do". Then Jay Lethal can mentor them. It would be great.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AJ Styles def Roderick Strong
Match was said to be good but had a few rough points
AJ slipped off the top and seemed to have hurt his knee. Then Roddys head got trapped on the styles clash and looked bad. Scary moment.
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

I wonder if BJ and Jacobs got involved at all?
Tim

Post by Tim »

KenSmellsGood wrote:ROH's treatment of C&C baffles me. These guys are basically the Eliminators for ROH.

I think that they should just start a stable with Coleman, Alexander, ACH, and Thomas called "4 Black Guys with Nothing to Do". Then Jay Lethal can mentor them. It would be great.
Haha, that's funny, but it also sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if ACH or Cedric test the waters of the WWN universe when their contracts expire.

I don't get The Eliminators refrence by the way (I'm assuming they jobbed to everybody?)
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

Tim wrote: Haha, that's funny, but it also sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if ACH or Cedric test the waters of the WWN universe when their contracts expire.

I don't get The Eliminators refrence by the way (I'm assuming they jobbed to everybody?)
No... The Eliminators were one of the most impressive teams in the early days of ECW. In fact, when ECW invaded Raw for the first time Paul Heyman came out with the Eliminators who delivered "Total Elimination" to a ring announcer.

I think C&C COULD have been a draw if they were used the right way. Even it's common knowledge that wrestling is scripted, nobody wants to root for a team that loses almost every match they wrestle. If C&C had a fair run with the belts, it would have made the tag division even more exciting than it was in my opinion.
GenericoSteen2010

Post by GenericoSteen2010 »

Place your bets guys Rowe or Hanson who faces the Sicilian Psychopath in Phiily for the TV title? though to be fair I'm surprised that RT didn't win I mean we all know it's Rhett Titus under that mask and it would have made sense for him to be the tourney winner I mean he wins the final match pulls the mask off his face and reveals that he duped ROH management and then he beats Tomasso at 12th anniversary to become the new ROH World TV champ but with these guys to me your just giving the psycho cannon fodder
JSP

Post by JSP »

GenericoSteen2010 wrote:Place your bets guys Rowe or Hanson who faces the Sicilian Psychopath in Phiily for the TV title? though to be fair I'm surprised that RT didn't win I mean we all know it's Rhett Titus under that mask and it would have made sense for him to be the tourney winner I mean he wins the final match pulls the mask off his face and reveals that he duped ROH management and then he beats Tomasso at 12th anniversary to become the new ROH World TV champ but with these guys to me your just giving the psycho cannon fodder
But then again, Rhett Titus is the drizzling shits and shouldn't be anywhere near a singles title belt.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

JSP wrote:
GenericoSteen2010 wrote:Place your bets guys Rowe or Hanson who faces the Sicilian Psychopath in Phiily for the TV title? though to be fair I'm surprised that RT didn't win I mean we all know it's Rhett Titus under that mask and it would have made sense for him to be the tourney winner I mean he wins the final match pulls the mask off his face and reveals that he duped ROH management and then he beats Tomasso at 12th anniversary to become the new ROH World TV champ but with these guys to me your just giving the psycho cannon fodder
But then again, Rhett Titus is the drizzling shits and shouldn't be anywhere near a singles title belt.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Here's video of the Styles Clash from tonight

http://instagram.com/p/ixoHt2nkf0/#

The fuck was Roddy thinking? You literally don't do ANYTHING to take the Styles Clash.