Baltimore TV Taping (2/4/12)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Heyzel

feb 4 baltimore tv taping

Post by Heyzel »

anyone has the lineup for this weekend taping?
steenisAgod

Re: feb 4 baltimore tv taping

Post by steenisAgod »

It's on the RoH webpage or at least the main events are.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

ROH World Championship

Davey Richards defends against ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal

3 Big Matches Signed

Survival of the Fittest Finalist - Kyle O'Reilly vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin w/ Truth Martini

TJ Perkins vs "The Prodigy" Michael Bennett w/ Brutal Bob & Maria

Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Scheduled to appear:

- ROH World Tag Team Champions Mark & Jay Briscoe

- Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)

- “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards

- “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen

- Roderick Strong with Truth Martini

- Adam Cole

- Jimmy Jacobs
TheLethalInjection

Post by TheLethalInjection »

sounds like a good show
AOTF by LoveRicardoRodriguez, on Flickr
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Yeah this card looks better than the past show's card going in.
Heyzel

Post by Heyzel »

I can't wait for this show but we need el generico on a card here in baltimore
steenisAgod

Post by steenisAgod »

He's "injured." I presume he'll return at the Florida iPPVs.
Heyzel

Post by Heyzel »

it judging by todays newswire it another tv taping with mike mondo on it who is this guy related to he has more time on the tv shows than any other regular talent
cviens

Post by cviens »

Heyzel wrote:it judging by todays newswire it another tv taping with mike mondo on it who is this guy related to he has more time on the tv shows than any other regular talent
He's not related to anybody, and no he doesn't get more time on the TV shows than any other talent.
steenisAgod

Post by steenisAgod »

cviens wrote:
Heyzel wrote:it judging by todays newswire it another tv taping with mike mondo on it who is this guy related to he has more time on the tv shows than any other regular talent
He's not related to anybody, and no he doesn't get more time on the TV shows than any other talent.
He's the heel version of Redwood. Both are needed to put over wrestlers.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

steenisAgod wrote:
cviens wrote:
He's the heel version of Redwood. Both are needed to put over wrestlers.
Mondo does have an impressive look, if a new viewer see's a Lethal, Edwards or Ciampa beating him it looks more impressive than say having everybody beat Redwood.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Anyone going to provide report?
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Baltimore TV Taping (2/4/12)

Hi guys,

Can we please keep all talk regarding tonight's TV taping in this thread as there will obviously be spoilers posted.

Thanks.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Can't recall where I saw this but I think I read March 3rd is the next TV taping date. Can we get some sort of confirmation?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

GardenStateSaint wrote:Can't recall where I saw this but I think I read March 3rd is the next TV taping date. Can we get some sort of confirmation?
Yeah, March 3rd in Baltimore.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Baltimore TV Taping (2/4/12)

Post by cgstong »

We've got live results up right now: http://bit.ly/xGxPeD

main event for 10th anniversary is set and I get the feeling a lot of ppl won't be liking this.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Hegemony

Post by Hegemony »

cgstong wrote:We've got live results up right now: http://bit.ly/xGxPeD

main event for 10th anniversary is set and I get the feeling a lot of ppl won't be liking this.
Actually prefer the tag main event for that show to the TWO Triple Threat main event matches for the Florida shows - but I have always hated title defenses in multi-man matches.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

cgstong wrote:We've got live results up right now: http://bit.ly/xGxPeD

I actually don't mind it, but if they want to sell tickets and iPPV buys not having a World Title match will hurt them big time.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I sort of agree I'm much more stoked for Team Ambition (urgh) vs Edwards/Cole than I am for the triple threats.

Sort of an underwhelming set of tapings to be honest. I'm disappointed they seem to have aborted giving the supposedly great Richards/Lethal a decent TV rematch, I'm disappointed in how much Roddy Strong interjections there were in matches...

And to be honest I really don't like Richards/Steen/Elgin. It seems like everyone can't wait to see Richards/Steen for the title. And everyone KNOWS Richards/Elgin will happen since 'Unbreakable' won SOTF. I don't quite get the logic of throwing them together in a three-way first when EITHER ONE of Richards/Elgin or Richards/Steen would be better (although admittedly I'm glad they're not rushing the Davey vs Steen singles bout). I'm curious to see how they book their way out of that match in Florida...

As ever though, I'm sure things will seem much better on TV than they do reading the results. I know I've sounded pretty negative but I'm genuinely witholding judging it too much until I've seen it. To be fair, I am REALLY looking forward to Davey/Kyle vs Edwards/Cole and the Richards/Strong/Eddie three-way has been rumoured for a while and I'm glad they're pulling the trigger on it - hopefully to end the stranglehold of those three guys on the World Title scene.

Point of curiosity - I know they made a big deal of having the World Title defended on both nights at Wrestlemania weekend, but would anyone rather have seen them book the Davey/Eddie/Roddy for the 10th Anni Show (to play up the historical links to Ki/Daniels/Dragon at Era Of Honor Begins) and push the Team Ambition tag to Florida? Personally I would...
Hegemony

Post by Hegemony »

I wholeheartedly agree that the Eddie/Davey/Roddy Triple Threat should serve as an homage to the Era of Honor Begins, and move the tag to main event a Florida show. And I hope that somehow Steen is taken out of that Triple Threat, continuing the narrative of Steen feeling screwed by ROH management and giving Elgin and Richards a chance to have a singles match on iPPV for the title.