Baltimore TV Taping (2/4/12)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Re: Baltimore TV Taping (2/4/12)

Post by JSWO »

Hegemony wrote:
cgstong wrote:We've got live results up right now: http://bit.ly/xGxPeD

main event for 10th anniversary is set and I get the feeling a lot of ppl won't be liking this.
Actually prefer the tag main event for that show to the TWO Triple Threat main event matches for the Florida shows - but I have always hated title defenses in multi-man matches.

Not thrilled with either 3 way dance. But I've long since passed just going to shows for the matches.

WrestlingMatters wrote:
cgstong wrote:We've got live results up right now: http://bit.ly/xGxPeD

main event for 10th anniversary is set and I get the feeling a lot of ppl won't be liking this.
I actually don't mind it, but if they want to sell tickets and iPPV buys not having a World Title match will hurt them big time.

I think you're dead wrong about that tag match not selling tickets or PPV buys.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Spoilers from last night's tapings: http://bit.ly/yR2aW6
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

By Mike Johnson on 2012-02-05 09:20:22
A correction from last night. The main event of the second ROH Internet PPV Wrestlemania weekend will not be Davey Richards vs. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen as was mentioned late last night here on the site.

I am told that the match will be a new concept that has not full been revealed with Elgin and Steen qualifying to be in that match at TV last night. There will be two other competitors, one of which will be the current ROH champion, Davey Richards.

There was no announcement made regarding a three-way bout, nor was that the plan for the storyline.

Obviously, we apologize for the error.
credit pwinsider
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

JSWO wrote:I think you're dead wrong about that tag match not selling tickets or PPV buys.
We'll have to wait and see but I definitely think it will hurt their income for these shows.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Davey/Eddie/Roddy and Davey/Kyle vs Eddie/Cole? Seriously? Can they please at least take a couple month break from having these guys in matches with each other? It's so old now. And instead of giving us Davey vs Steen and Davey vs Elgin we get them combined? Why not make those two separate matches on each WM show?
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

They had to do Davey/Kyle vs. Eddie/Cole, it was clearly what they were building to. In fact if they didn't then everyone would be pissed off that they broke up and formed both teams for no reason.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Completely understand why they've done it but wrong to choose 10th Anniversary. Davey/Roddy/Eddie should be at the 10th Anniversary with the tag match at Showdown in the Sun.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

JustSkiff wrote:They had to do Davey/Kyle vs. Eddie/Cole, it was clearly what they were building to. In fact if they didn't then everyone would be pissed off that they broke up and formed both teams for no reason.
Then at least build it more. I think every single PPV since the 9th anniversary show has had some combo of Eddie/Davey/Roddy. And the PPV before that one had Davey/Roddy. It's ridiculous that these guys have to be in matches with each other all the time.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I'm actually really pleased to read that they are debuting some kind of new gimmick match for night 2 in of WM weekend rather than just doing two back to back 3-ways. Really didn't understand why they were just throwing doing a random Davey/Steen/Elgin triple threat instead of a singles match. Although I'm hoping the new concept isn't something too outlandish...

BUT, to me, if they are trying to bring out a new gimmick match to make a big splash for Night 2 - I still don't understand why Davey/Roddy/Eddie has to be on Night 1 and not at the 10YA show

Doing the 3-way between the current three top guys on the 10th Anni Show makes so much sense. People want to see the Team Ambition vs Edwards/Cole tag - and it would make for a great Night 1 main event

It sort of feels like they are throwing 2 title defences into the Florida weekend just for the sake of it
WrestlingMatters

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Completely understand why they've done it but wrong to choose 10th Anniversary. Davey/Roddy/Eddie should be at the 10th Anniversary with the tag match at Showdown in the Sun.
Yeah exactly the 10th anniversary shouldn't just be another show, this company has made it 10 years I thought that would be a big deal, it seems like ROH couldn't care less about their history.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Completely understand why they've done it but wrong to choose 10th Anniversary. Davey/Roddy/Eddie should be at the 10th Anniversary with the tag match at Showdown in the Sun.

I agree, but they booked themselves into a corner saying the ROH Title would be defended both nights in Florida. This tag match is gonna be off the charts though and that's what matters to a New York crowd.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Really think the ROH title should be defended on the 10th anniversary show.

Its a landmark show and its not being treated as such (Mania weekend shows seem to getting more promotion), and the ROH World title is THE most important title in the US (if not the world) and should be treated as such on what should be the biggest night in ROH history.

Still, what has been done has been done and I am really looking forward to the tag main, I fully expect the four guys to put on such a memorable bout and hopefully Adam Cole can steal the show and make a name for himself.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

As others have said, they backed themselves into a corner by saying the World Title would be defended on both nights of Showdown in the Sun. That plus the fact that they only decided 10th Anniversary would be on iPPV a few weeks ago meant that it's been a bit of an afterthought.

Completely agree with you though and it would look a lot better if the tag match and Roddy/Eddie/Davey were switched.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I don't like that the main event of 10YA is going to be a tag match as opposed to a world title match. Don't get me wrong, it will likely be a good match(even great or excellent), but for a show like this the world title should be on the line. If Team Richards beats the Briscoes for the belts in Ohio and defend it against Edwards and Cole then that would be good. At least the main event will be for some title.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

This isn't going to be the first show without a title match as the headliner.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Hopefully ROH will change their minds and somehow edit the TV show with some audio trickery ;)

"It will be Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Eddie Edwards and Adam Cole at...SHOWDOWN IN THE SUN"
WrestlingMatters

JustSkiff wrote:This isn't going to be the first show without a title match as the headliner.
Yes but how often do you get a show like the 10th Anniversary? It should be a big show.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

^ exactly! That's a joke that the world title won't be defended at an anniversary event.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

First Year Anniversary Show- Headlined by a cluster of a scramble match.
Second Anniversary Show- Joe barely "defended" the title, and was headlined by a Pure Title match.
Third Anniversary Show pt. 1 - Headlined by Scramble Cage
Third Anniversary Show pt. 2- No World Title Match (Champ is in a tag match).
Fourth Anniversary Show- Headlined by Tag Title Match, one other match was after the Title Match
Fifth Year Festival: Chicago- No World Title Match (Champ was in a tag match).
Fifth Year Festival: Liverpool- No World Title Match (Champ not on show)
Fifth Year Festival: Finale- No World Title Match (Champ not on show)
Ninth Anniversary Show- Headlined by Tag Match, with four matches after the Title Match
WrestlingMatters

JustSkiff wrote:First Year Anniversary Show- Headlined by a cluster of a scramble match.
Second Anniversary Show- Joe barely "defended" the title, and was headlined by a Pure Title match.
Third Anniversary Show pt. 1 - Headlined by Scramble Cage
Third Anniversary Show pt. 2- No World Title Match (Champ is in a tag match).
Fourth Anniversary Show- Headlined by Tag Title Match, one other match was after the Title Match
Fifth Year Festival: Chicago- No World Title Match (Champ was in a tag match).
Fifth Year Festival: Liverpool- No World Title Match (Champ not on show)
Fifth Year Festival: Finale- No World Title Match (Champ not on show)
Ninth Anniversary Show- Headlined by Tag Match, with four matches after the Title Match
The 10th Anniversary should be a bigger landmark than any of the others, I'm a big fan of both Cole & O'Reilly but in no way should they main event a 10 year anniversary show, from a kayfabe standpoint they haven't beaten anyone relevant in singles or tag.