09/21/13 TV Taping results

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: 09/21/13 TV Taping results

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:And Jay Briscoe is now back in action? What the heck was the point of stripping him of the belt? They have a summer long tournament because the title can't be defended, which ends up holding up title defenses anyways; and then the stripped champ returns at the same time that the title is won? This type of stuff aggravates me.
I guess they're going for the typical "30 Days Rule" route.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

A Bennett-Steen feud is intriguing and probably the best thing they could do with these two at the moment.

Corino is back on commentary ? Hell yeah !
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Thelone wrote:A Bennett-Steen feud is intriguing and probably the best thing they could do with these two at the moment.

Corino is back on commentary ? Hell yeah !
Did not say he is back on commentary, just that he cut a promo saying he has a legit contract for the position.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ROH TV Tapings
Sept 21, 2013
PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
More details at http://wp.me/p1rVA2-7PG

They only taped 3 episodes probably because they have to catch up on ROH Tournament matches on TV for a few weeks.
Dark match: Kongo beats Dalton Castle via big splash

Ep 1
Adam Page def ACH after reversing a flying cross body from the top rope
Nigel announces 8 man tag match for Glory by Honor. 4 ROH champs vs 4 top contenders. If a champion gets pinned, whoever pins him gets a shot for his title. Jay Briscoe and Michael Elgin are going to be a part of the top contenders team. They had words with each other and had to be kept apart.
Roderick Strong def Mike Mondo with a powerbomb
Outlaw Inc (Homicide & Eddie Kingston) def Marshall Law (QT Marshall & RD Evans) when 'Cide pins Marshall
Main event TV Title Match
ROH TV Champion Matt Taven def Jay Lethal with the Climax (DDT/Bulldog)

Ep 2
Mark Briscoe def TD Thomas with Froggy 'Bow
Ring of Honor Champion Adam Cole promo
Cole cut a promo but then ran when down came Jay and Elgin. Cole left the belt in the ring and Elgin and Briscoe fight over it. Refs break them up again. Cole left with the belt.
Mike Bennett & Maria Kanellis def Brutal Burgers (Bob Evans & Cheeseburger) after he hits an ace crusher on Cheeseburger. A feud with Kevin Steen was started.
Steve Corino made a run in and cut a promo stating he has a legit contract making him color commentator on ROH TV.
reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) def Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) and C & C Wrestle Factory (Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander) when O'Reilly pins Kozlov with the brainbuster/kick to the head combo to retain the ROH tag titles

Ep 3
Jimmy Jacobs def Silas Young
Davey Richards def Ricky Marvin via brain buster
Veda Scott came to ringside and served papers to Nigel Mcguinness
Steen came to the ring for the main event against Eddie Edwards but Mike Bennett attacked and hit him with the piledriver. Steen is injured. Steen demanded that the match continue.
Eddie Edwards def Kevin Steen when he reversed a package piledrive into a small package
- Post match Bennett came back to attack Kevin. Steen hits a piledriver on Bennett. Then helps Eddie Edwards hit a piledriver on Bennett.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
bik100

Post by bik100 »

No 4th episode?
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Steen is feuding with Bennett???? The dude needs to just take a break and let shit shift around for a bit. There is nothing interesting going on right now that he can do
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Sure is a lot of Bennett on this taping....
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Steen feuding with Bennett makes sense since Bennett's been on something of a steak and they seem to be giving him a push. And this keeps Steen out of title contention for a while while others go after Cole. Steen can only elevate Bennett.

Interesting they had Page go over ACH. Wonder if they're planning to have him go after Taven or something in order to give him a proper feud. Or could be just a random match with nothing in the works. I don't mind it much as I like Page, though I wouldn't put him past ACH just yet.

And C+C didn't do the job. Yay!
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

If a champion is pinned, it triggers an automatic and immediate title match from pwi
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

ACH is a tag wrestler now a singles loss doesn't hurt him.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Jacobs vs Young is the only thing I care about. Bennett vs Steen feud? ......Why? Bennett goes from feuding with Brutal Bob to Steen? K.
MOOSE!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DieHard wrote:Jacobs vs Young is the only thing I care about. Bennett vs Steen feud? ......Why? Bennett goes from feuding with Brutal Bob to Steen? K.
What would you rather had happened?

It's something different, and something that could be a lot of fun.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

TYFDK wrote:
DieHard wrote:Jacobs vs Young is the only thing I care about. Bennett vs Steen feud? ......Why? Bennett goes from feuding with Brutal Bob to Steen? K.
What would you rather had happened?

It's something different, and something that could be a lot of fun.
In 2012 this could've lots of fun, nowadays Bennett is just.. I don't know what the he supposed to be. Cocky? Threatening? Anyway he's just there. As fm20000 said, Steen needs to take a break for a month or so.
MOOSE!
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

The match against Brutal Burgers introduced them as a tag team and I'm fine with them and Marshall Law being used as the jobber/undercard teams from now on instead of AR/C&C. Again, I think a feud with Steen makes a whole lot of sense although I hope there's more than just who does the best piledriver because this sounds childish as hell.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

If Cole and Kyle end up teaming in the 8-man, I hope they get a lot more significance than BJ/Jimmy during the SCUM feud.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Steen vs Bennett could be a great feud if they book it right, imagine the heat for Bennett in NYC facing Steen for example.

Tapings looks good, i hope they don´t turn Elgin heel, he and Jay can feud over the #1 Contender spot remaining face.

I glad they are giving victories to Adam Page, he is one of the best prospects that ROH have in the roster.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

187_Joeism wrote:I glad they are giving victories to Adam Page, he is one of the best prospects that ROH have in the roster.
Agreed, this is a great way to give Page his first "big" win. I'm almost positive that this won't hurt ACH, but he really needs to start getting wins, singles and tag cause I can't remember the last time ACH got a win.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

ACH won the match at ASE against the Bucks and C&C
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

AndyDiaz wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:I glad they are giving victories to Adam Page, he is one of the best prospects that ROH have in the roster.
Agreed, this is a great way to give Page his first "big" win. I'm almost positive that this won't hurt ACH, but he really needs to start getting wins, singles and tag cause I can't remember the last time ACH got a win.
Reclamation Night 1, ASE, and they beat Alabama Attitude in TN off the top of my head
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

YimYac wrote:
AndyDiaz wrote:
Reclamation Night 1, ASE, and they beat Alabama Attitude in TN off the top of my head
Oh sorry, I meant as in singles. Which I think was the 11th Annivesary show...