07/27/13 TV Tapings results

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: 07/27/13 TV Tapings results

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So Lethal, Anderson & Cole won their tournament matches. No surprise...pretty much what was predicted. I'm sure Cole will look even more like a heel as the tournament progresses...
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Even they don't need to prove, once announced proving grounds match was mistake.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Hahah what? Why Forever Holligans won? Makes no sense.
MOOSE!
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

DieHard wrote:Hahah what? Why Forever Holligans won? Makes no sense.
To do something relatively unexpected and interesting? They can always drop them back at All Star Extravaganza or Manhattan Mayhem.
JSP

Post by JSP »

DieHard wrote:Hahah what? Why Forever Holligans won? Makes no sense.
It's not like they ruined any storylines. No reason to bitch about something that probably isn't lasting too long.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Which is more ridiculous. Why they ruined reDRagon's reign? They dominated the tag team divison for 5 months only to lose it in a random match to a non-regular tag team? It's like Steen would have lost to Homicide in 2012 for no reason.
MOOSE!
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

DieHard wrote:Which is more ridiculous. Why they ruined reDRagon's reign? They dominated the tag team divison for 5 months only to lose it in a random match to a non-regular tag team? It's like Steen would have lost to Homicide in 2012 for no reason.
I'm pretty sure NJPW has a pretty light schedule coming up for a few months. Maybe the Hooligans will lose it to the Bucks in Toronto!?!? Maybe the Hooligans will stick around for a while. Either way it's kind of exciting. More Hooligans the better, they are incredible. ReDragon should have held the titles for a year though. They were literally just hitting their stride.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Also does it really hurt ReDragon if they win the belts back in NY? I mean yes it's kind of a pointless switch but it'll just prove that the Hooligans winning was a fluke, just like ReDragon has claimed.

I'm hoping the Hooligans are staying for a while because they've been kicking so much ass in NJPW lately. Hooligans/Bucks??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

DieHard wrote:Which is more ridiculous. Why they ruined reDRagon's reign? They dominated the tag team divison for 5 months only to lose it in a random match to a non-regular tag team? It's like Steen would have lost to Homicide in 2012 for no reason.
Obviously just complaining for the sake of it at this point.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

ROHFan25 wrote:Also does it really hurt ReDragon if they win the belts back in NY? I mean yes it's kind of a pointless switch but it'll just prove that the Hooligans winning was a fluke, just like ReDragon has claimed.

I'm hoping the Hooligans are staying for a while because they've been kicking so much ass in NJPW lately. Hooligans/Bucks??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I think now Wolves/reDRagon has changed to Wolves/Holligans, no? because it was their title shot.
MOOSE!
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Wolves/ReDDragon/Hooligans
Bucks/Adrenaline Rush

because fuck yeah.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Anyone know who was on commentary? Please don't tell me it was Kevin Kelly on his own
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

2 Gatz wrote:
Obviously just complaining for the sake of it at this point.
Thing is I loved reDRagon's booking and reign as a team. They were unstoppable and looked credible. I just really don't see why to take the belt off them in a TV TAPING and give it away to NON-REGULARS who probably wouldn't stick with the company afterwards. Just doesn't make anyone look better. They could've ended it in a much better way and elevate some team who actually needs it, like AR or C&C.
MOOSE!
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

"I feel naked, and its cold outside, and i'm very self conscious."
-Kyle O'Reilly
HAHAHAHAHA
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

AndyDiaz wrote:
-Kyle O'Reilly
HAHAHAHAHA
reDRagon's promo was awesome :lol:
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

AndyDiaz wrote:
-Kyle O'Reilly
HAHAHAHAHA
I loved everything about this video. And the results from these tapings. I'm going to go out of my way to watch the TV show for the first time in a year. Please don't disappoint me ROH.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Great promo from Red Dragon
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It almost makes the title change worth it because of Bobby Fish screaming "MY QUADS ARE KILLING ME, KYLE!"

Also Kyle's excuse, "We are elite athletes! Making it a title match is like handing an alcoholic a bottle of Jack Daniel's!"

Kyle is so fucking perfect at his character.
Last Real Man Hype
Tim

Post by Tim »

Remember in 07 when Morishima won the World title then about a week later Shingo and Doi won the tag titles? The Briscoes lost the titles in their first defense, fans were dying to see them with the belts after their hiatus in 05 and failing to do so in 06, they won the titles in their rematch. No harm no foul. There is nothing wrong with outside talent winning the belts, and it's not the first time it's happened. Also having the Hooligans win the titles adds fresh matchups, so what's the negitive? It's not gonna kill reDRagon.

Also won't this help strengthen the relationship between ROH and New Japan? Hooligans win the belts and Anderson wins at least one match in the tournament. It should show NJPW management that ROH is showcasing their talent and treating them with respect, hopefully this leads to guys like Okada, Nakamura, or Devitt being brought in.

So what are the negitives here? I think people just like to complain.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »