07/27/13 TV Tapings results

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Big Red Machine

Re: 07/27/13 TV Tapings results

Post by Big Red Machine »

2 Gatz wrote:
DieHard wrote:Which is more ridiculous. Why they ruined reDRagon's reign? They dominated the tag team divison for 5 months only to lose it in a random match to a non-regular tag team? It's like Steen would have lost to Homicide in 2012 for no reason.
Obviously just complaining for the sake of it at this point.
It's not complaining for the sake of complaining. Those were my thoughts exactly, too. What was the purpose of this title switch? The Hooligans are not regulars, so either they will have a short reign (which, at this point, seems entirely pointless) or the tag titles won't be around as frequently (which would be a horrible idea with the World Title being vacant and goes against all of Nigel's talk during Reclamation weekend about how the tag titles would get more focus now that the World Title is vacant.

And just like he said, reDRagon were having an awesome title reign, putting on great matches, and seemingly building for a big rematch with the Wolves... so why randomly take the belts off of them and put them on a team that had never won a match before in ROH in a match with no build up whatsoever?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

People complaining about Forever Hooligans from NEW JAPAN winning ROH gold clear don´t understand how wrestling work, is a smart decision that will bring more eyes into ROH.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I really hope they did not gave them the belts only because reDRagon, for some reason, can't wrestle in ASE.

Now it's Wolves vs Holligans officially I guess.. Kinda sucks they are facing the same teams they had matches with last time (I'm pretty sure reDRagon will have their rematch in NY).
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think Wolves will win the titles at ASE and we will have Wolves vs reDRagon in NYC.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Any info about how many fans were on tapings ? :)
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

I love what they're doing with Jimmy Jacobs right now, the slow build is nice.

And regarding the tag titles, there's no doubt in my mind that the Hooligans will drop them to the Wolves and then The Wolves will face reDRagon in a rematch. I like this cause it adds a new dynamic to the match with the Wolves as champions. I could see reDRagon beating the Wolves if/when then leave so Kyle can get his big win over Davey.
Bucky Katt

Post by Bucky Katt »

DieHard wrote:I really hope they did not gave them the belts only because reDRagon, for some reason, can't wrestle in ASE.
yeah that crossed my mind and i agree its a sucky reason.
JSP

Post by JSP »

People will always find something to bitch about. OH NO REDDRAGON LOST THE TITLES EVERYTHING IS RUINED is such a narrow minded reaction. It shakes up a divison ROH is putting focus on right now, and it gets people wondering what's going to happen next. The same exact thing happened to Eddie Edwards in 2011 when he won the World Title on a house show. Granted, he wasn't in Japan all the time and could have held the belt for a year if ROH wanted him too, but it's the same core principle. Wrestling fans will always have something to moan about and Forever Hooligans will do just fine. Is it really going to hurt Kyle and Bobby that they lost the titles on a backslide? If anything, it gives them more of an edge and fire and will probably make for a better package in their rematch. But since reDRagon held the title for five months, they're not allowed to lose a match to a team who *GASP* might be a better kayfabe team! Isn't that what professional wrestling is, anyway? A hypothetical fights between two teams (or whatever, you know what I mean) to determine who the better tandem is? But just because they're not ROH regulars, they're not as good. And what's the harm in a title change at TV? If anything, it's two years overdue. Why make your TV show predictable? Isn't that what most spoiled wrestling fans decry around these parts? God forbid ROH spices up their product a bit. Are reDRagon really hurt by a backslide loss? If anything, they come out looking better because of that YouTube promo. But whatever. Maybe I'm wrong or too positive. I should be more cynical.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

There's a complaint for everything:

Wrestling is predictable.
Why bring in the Hooligans if all they do is lose?
Who cares if they win a proving ground match when you know they won't win the titles and they'll be fighting rDR twice when they could be fighting other teams?
If they're only scheduled for 3 shows why are they fighting 2 of the same teams they fought before and lost to?
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

The First episode of tv is available now for early bird. Just got it, going to watch it and maybe give my thoughts on it.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

THE RING ROPES ARE BLACK! A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

AR vs. 3.0 was a fun short match. Hopefully 3.0 will be back soon :D
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Why in the hell 3.0 vs AR was so short? barley got 3 minutes. It was fine but come on.. What a waste of 3.0.

Young vs QT vs Page was a great little match. Page's dropsault looked awesome. IMO Young should've won cleanly, but whatever, really fun match. Hopefully we'll have a Young/Page rematch down the line.

Holligans/reDRagon was good. The title change came off very good on TV but still felt random.

Pretty good show but there are too many interviews/commercials in the middle.
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

3.0 vs AR was a fun 5 minutes match, i hope they bring 3.0 more they got a good showing

Young vs QT vs Page was a good non stop match, Silas Young is a really good heel, i am really looking foward to see him develop more his character in the next months.

Hooligans vs RD was a great TV ME, they tore it up and the crowd was insane when FH won, good surprise for them.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

187_Joeism wrote: Hooligans vs RD was a great TV ME, they tore it up and the crowd was insane when FH won, good surprise for them.
Damn crowd. They were supposed to bitch like all the other smarks about how horrible it is FH won the titles. It's like they don't know how to appreciate wrestling or something.
JSP

Post by JSP »

DBSommer wrote:
187_Joeism wrote: Hooligans vs RD was a great TV ME, they tore it up and the crowd was insane when FH won, good surprise for them.
Damn crowd. They were supposed to bitch like all the other smarks about how horrible it is FH won the titles. It's like they don't know how to appreciate wrestling or something.
Captain44

Post by Captain44 »

AndyDiaz wrote:THE RING ROPES ARE BLACK! A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!
I to enjoyed seeing the "old" style ring. I hope it sticks around.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Steen & Elgin & Ciampa vs Wolves & Whitmer was great ***1/2 match, Steen specially was hilarious there, last minutes with Elgin/Richards was good as always.

Michael Bennett vs Brutal Bob was fun, mostly because of the crowd, they got behind Evans and make the match better.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Bob vs Bennett was decent until Bob ignored TWO superkicks. Why? imo Benentt just should've squash him but it wasn't close to be as bad as Bob's match with Cole last year.

#WOHLOL

The Main Event was really great until the Ciampa/Eddie exchange. I don't know, I lost my attention later. Still pretty fun to watch I guess.

By the way, the Providence RI crowd is awesome and it looks very good on TV.
MOOSE!
92Cannonball

Post by 92Cannonball »

Just saw reddragon vs hooligans, bloody hell that was awesome!