07/27/13 TV Tapings results

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Jeremy

Re: 07/27/13 TV Tapings results

Post by Jeremy »

Man, that six man is everything I hate about ROH, Davey Richards, and just some indy wrestling in general. No flow, no psychology, no rhyme or reason to anything. Just an awful excuse for a wrestling match.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Jeremy wrote:Man, that six man is everything I hate about ROH, Davey Richards, and just some indy wrestling in general. No flow, no psychology, no rhyme or reason to anything. Just an awful excuse for a wrestling match.
This isn't a worthless post or anything.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

JSP wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Man, that six man is everything I hate about ROH, Davey Richards, and just some indy wrestling in general. No flow, no psychology, no rhyme or reason to anything. Just an awful excuse for a wrestling match.
Guy's just giving his opinion.
Last Real Man Hype
JSP

Post by JSP »

He's passing off his opinion as fact. "An awful excuse for a wrestling match" doesn't read to me as some kind of opinion. Did it please the crowd? Yeah. So "awful excuse of a wrestling match" is a little off the mark to me.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It's a forum, he doesn't have to say "IMO" after everything. Of course it's just his opinion.
Last Real Man Hype
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

And a lot of people feel that way about Davey and indy wrestling in general. So he's not really way off the mark with his account on things. Just his and a lot of others opinions. No need to bash the guy for his opinion. But then again you can't rate anything differently than anyone else on this forum so what am I to expect
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Mike Adamle wrote:And a lot of people feel that way about Davey and indy wrestling in general. So he's not really way off the mark with his account on things. Just his and a lot of others opinions. No need to bash the guy for his opinion. But then again you can't rate anything differently than anyone else on this forum so what am I to expect

Yeah, it may not be an opinion you like, but it's still the guy's opinion. I don't agree, I thought it was fine. Nothing mind blowing, but fun to watch.

PS: I was just fuckin' with ya there, MA. Keep doin' you!
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

JSP wrote:
Please accept my apology that our opinions clash. I thought this was a Ring Of Honor discussion forum, my mistake!

At least other people understand the concept, thanks guys. Welcome to the internet JSP, a wondrous world where people can say what they want and have people like you not agree and call it worthless.
JSP

Post by JSP »

I never thought anyone could out-douche me...
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

How in your warped mind does that even begin to make any form of rational sense?

I gave an opinion on a match and explained why I didn't like it. You called it worthless and dismissed it because you didn't agree with it. Others called you out on it, and I responded by saying we're all allowed different opinions on an internet discussion forum.

.... but yet that makes me the douche? Who needs logic here?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

I enjoyed the six man. Nothing mind blowing, but a decent main event for the show.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Bennett vs. Brutal Bob was badly booked. Why Bennett didn't just squash the guy instead of winning almost by accident because Bob is dumb enough to try a third rope legdrop ?

Brook vs. MsChif was... yeah. MsChif pisses me off by screaming every ten seconds for no reason. It's not intimidating or anything (even Maria laughed for a brief moment at one point), just bad. Brook made a decent first impression I guess, but nothing to set the world on fire. The match was slow and boring, but at least it was short.

I didn't really got into the tag match. Way too much "humorous" segments at the beginning (Steen selling Edwards' chop like he got hit by a train made me chuckle though), confusing at times and what Jeremy wrote about no flow/psychology/etc. It wasn't bad or anything, just bland.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Thelone wrote:Bennett vs. Brutal Bob was badly booked. Why Bennett didn't just squash the guy instead of winning almost by accident because Bob is dumb enough to try a third rope legdrop ?

Brook vs. MsChif was... yeah. MsChif pisses me off by screaming every ten seconds for no reason. It's not intimidating or anything (even Maria laughed for a brief moment at one point), just bad. Brook made a decent first impression I guess, but nothing to set the world on fire. The match was slow and boring, but at least it was short.

I didn't really got into the tag match. Way too much "humorous" segments at the beginning (Steen selling Edwards' chop like he got hit by a train made me chuckle though), confusing at times and what Jeremy wrote about no flow/psychology/etc. It wasn't bad or anything, just bland.
How would Bennett squashing Bob make any sense?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Make him look like a legitimate threat, "the student has become the master". You know, that old thing called build someone up.

Unless you wanna book him like a bitch and have another Taven fiasco with Maria replacing HoT, I don't see the problem to have Bennett squash his 40yo vaguely-out-of-shape ex-manager/trainer.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

You know what is a better way of building someone up than having squash matches? Winning hard-fought victories.

Let's actually take your point and flip it.

What would build up Bennett more and create more drama and invest the crowd into him more. Beating Davey Richards in a minute or beating Davey clean in a hard-fought 20 minute match.

Now that point makes no sense for a few reasons.

1. Bob isn't a small guy Bennett can just throw around and squash.
2. Bob trained Bennett, hence knows everything he is capable of an can do.
3. Age has nothing to do with this.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Except it wasn't a hard-fought battle at all or some sort of huge blow-off, just a five minute TV match to end their quick feud.

Bob went to the third rope like a doofus, missed Bennett by a mile and received Bennett's finishers because he was woozy from his legdrop attempt. Am I supposed to take heel Bennett seriously when he wins against his former trainer by sheer luck ?

Frankly, a "normal" finish would have been fine : have Bennett no-sell everything after a few minutes and do his finishers. Well, at least Maria didn't help and I guess Bennett had the best build-up ever at ASE.

I just didn't like that finish because it didn't make Bennett more menacing or stronger, that's all :)
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Bennett won clean as can be

What more do you want?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Dutt vs. Lethal was so disappointing. Incredibly slow pace with two guys who seemed gassed after only five minutes and too many pinfall attempts.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Thelone wrote:Dutt vs. Lethal was so disappointing. Incredibly slow pace with two guys who seemed gassed after only five minutes and too many pinfall attempts.
Lol what
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

This week's episode was great.

1. Brian Fury vs. Matt Taven (c) - TV title match
The regular crap from HoT, but Taven got a clean win at least. I think I like Kasey Ray better than Scarlett already and Taven seems to come out of Truth's shadow, which is a good thing. **1/2

2. ACH vs. Karl Anderson
Standard high-flyer vs. powerful guy match. ACH looked good and I enjoyed it. ***

3. Adam Cole vs. Mark Briscoe
I loved it. Action-packed with a bit of psychology thrown in and the door is open for a Cole-Jay feud in a few months. ****