ROH 6.23.13 TV Tapings

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Re: ROH 6.23.13 TV Tapings

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Great show today, really enjoyable.

Got to talk to Nigel outside for a little while. It is such a shame he does not realize how much of a legacy he has in ROH. By far my all time favourite champion and wrestler. I really hope he changes his mind and comes back to wrestle before its to late for a comeback. I get that he feels he has accomplished everything in ROH but he could still make a run as a tag or tv title and be the first 4 time champion!!! Seeing him in the ring and throwing a lariat was such a fantastic moment.

EFF the queen God save Nigel

ps. Sat in front of Commentary and Corino was hilarious today
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I'm glad the SCUM angle appears to be over. I hope ROH doesn't do anymore NWO rehashments because let's face it, that's what SCUM was. Could this also mean no more Matt Hardy? We can hope. I'm interested to see what Mike Bennett will do next since "the Prodigy is dead". I guess the Providence show will be the taping of the episodes that will build Manhattan Mayhem V. If I decide to see it, I will attend(hopefully I'll get the same seat as last time). Definitely won't order the ippv.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:I'm glad the SCUM angle appears to be over. I hope ROH doesn't do anymore NWO rehashments because let's face it, that's what SCUM was.
Every stable is a re-hash of something nowadays. nWo didn't want to destroy WCW though, they wanted to take it over. SCUM wanted to destroy ROH completely, totally kill it, but then Corino started mentioning how he was going to open SCUM Pro Wrestling and that is when it stopped being decently different and was just another stable angle.

If any stable is re-done or rehashed it should be Age of the Fall and Jimmy Jacobs as leader, solely so it can get a proper ending. Then again I guess people will still complain because "it won't be as good as the first time".
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

I'm glad that the SCUM angle is over for so many reasons.

1. Adam Cole as a heel is GOLDEN! With SCUM gone he can take the role of main heel. He's the over-privileged, pretty-boy type and his cocky attitude as a heel is something that rubs people the wrong way. Feuding with guys like Steen, Elgin, or Ciampa will put him in situations where he gets abused which will please the crowd but comes out on top and brags about it which will piss us off all the more. Heel Cole in PWG is one of the hottest things going right now.

2. This storyline took too much from the show. We had great stories throughout ROH history but they didn't take up the entire show. For example, Steen vs Generico was a segment or a match at best. It was great, but it was just part of the show overall. To sum up what I'm trying to say, I think that ROH is at it's best when stories supplement the action and I feel like SCUM reversed those roles.

It felt short lived, but I'm pleased with the results. Now if only they get this iPPV stuff figured out.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I heard that Steen apparently got some kind of lighter fluid poured on him by Corino during Steel Cage Warfare?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Wow that was a dissapoiment, first big mistake of Delirious as a booker finishing this in this anticlimatic way. Let´s see how they rebuild but it seems like we will have a difficult next couple of months.
Last edited by 187_Joeism on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

187_Joeism wrote:Wow that was a dissapoiment, first big mistake of Delirious as a booker finishing this in this anticlimatic way
Its not anti-climatic if you don't know what happens next.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Yeah i will wait to see what happens, maybe isn´t over yet i mean why SCUM will have to keep his word and disband?
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

From what I read of the spoilers, these next few episodes will be ones not to miss. And i'm loving the new stories that are going to happen when everything with S.C.U.M. is done...

-Cole and Roddy
-Silas and Page
-Mike Bennett
-Prince Nana and Ciampa
-Wolves and reDRagon
-And maybe Mschief and Veda
-AND DID EVERYONE FORGET ABOUT TAVEN BEATING EDDIE EDDIE EDWARDS EDWARDS! Apparently it was a clean win which is a good thing for Taven.

These are all good things cause ROH vs SCUM has been the focus on the company for a while now which is understandable, but most of the other matches on the cards didnt have much story, but since S.C.U.M. is done for now, it'll give guys on the roster more interesting things to do on show other than having great matches.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Kevin Steen ‏@FightSteenFight

Seeing @McGuinnessNigel hit Corino with a lariat last night was one of my personal favorite pro wrestling moments this year.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

187_Joeism wrote:Wow that was a dissapoiment, first big mistake of Delirious as a booker finishing this in this anticlimatic way. Let´s see how they rebuild but it seems like we will have a difficult next couple of months.
The mistake wasn't that he finished the SCUM storyline, because let's face it failed, due to the fact outside Jacobs all members of SCUM were mediocre at best in the ring and thus dragged down ROH cards tremendously.
The mistake was they did not put the Steel Cage Warefare on iPPV, especially with Jay/Mark being a disappointing and unworthy main event, BITW could have profited a lot from a great main event that SCW certainly would have been (not taking stream issues into account obviously). However, based on the fact it took them over an hour (!) to set up the cage, the decision most likely was made from a practical point of view...the audience would have been totally drained waiting an hour for the cage to be set up. Therefore I think I can understand why they've chosen to book the match on TV.

Anyways, I'm sooooooo happy SCUM is over and ROH can have interesting storylines again, starting with a Cole heel turn, which is just the best possible decision they could have made.
All they have to do now is to fire Titus, Compton and Hardy; and start signing some of the available CHIKARA guys or other promising, young free agents to suffuse new, fresh talent and return to iPPVS without stupid SCUM matches dragging down the excitement of the show.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I heard that Steen apparently got some kind of lighter fluid poured on him by Corino during Steel Cage Warfare?
that is correct.

in regards to C&C they were very over both nights and probably had the most t-shirts being worn on Sunday.

Silas and Page was really good. Taven and Edwards as well but it wasnt clean. too much managerial interference these days imo.

all the tag matches were entertaining as well.
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote: All they have to do now is to fire Titus, Compton and Hardy;
Titus's first tweet post TV tapings was that he was available for bookings so one of those 3 may be gone. Matt, however, is probably around for a bit longer: I leave Baltimore proud of myself & @KINGCorino, as we accomplished important things of consequence this weekend at @ringofhonor-Stay tuned. I hope Jacobs is back soon though.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'm sure they'd keep Jacobs. He was the best in-ring talent S.C.U.M. had (post Kevin Steen)
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It says Jacobs left willingly, which is odd, but suggests he'll be around. Maybe Nigel will throw him a bone for not having any real power in SCUM after 11YA and following the match's stip.
Last Real Man Hype
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

It should also be noted that Jimmy tried to stop Corino lighting Steen on fire, and said that's enough. Corino eventually shoved Jimmy down on the ground.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Would be good to have Jacobs and Corino stick around.

The rest I'm indifferent on.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Agreed.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I have a feeling Hardy might be sticking around for a little, maybe with Corino (both with what happened after the World Title Match and when he & Corino got dragged out by security at the end of SCW apparently). Don't know, I just have a feeling...
Nigel LikesGuinness wrote:It should also be noted that Jimmy tried to stop Corino lighting Steen on fire, and said that's enough. Corino eventually shoved Jimmy down on the ground.
First time I'm hearing this. Maybe a Jacobs face turn?....or just showing sympathy for Steen. It'll be interesting b/c he's the one guy that I think everyone agrees will be sticking around and we're all curious to see what direction they decide to go with him.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I don't think it's a face turn or sympathy for Steen, just a reaction to Corino going over the line into madness by actually trying to kill Steen (kill). Not even a crack addict like the Zombie Princess wants to see a man's flesh burning.
Last Real Man Hype