ROH 6.23.13 TV Tapings

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DieHard

Re: ROH 6.23.13 TV Tapings

Post by DieHard »

BrandenScott wrote:dude they had the tag belts and Steen was world champ while in SCUM. How can you say they haven't won any belts? Do you follow the product or just come on to bitch?
1) Relax.
2) He meant after the 11YA invasion.
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

BrandenScott wrote:dude they had the tag belts and Steen was world champ while in SCUM. How can you say they haven't won any belts? Do you follow the product or just come on to bitch?
I'm talking about the SCUM that started when they ran that big invasion angle. Not the original trio. The large SCUM never did anything.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Nigel tells scum to leave. Jacobs goes peacefully. Corino and hardy need security to take them out

I'm really going to miss Corino as color commentator :(
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

The SCUM storyline was great for what it was. Mind you, I haven't seen anything from the past two months (I'm currently watching SCOH) but thus far it has been a great angle IMO. Maybe not to so much in a in-ring standpoint, but all of this feels like a big deal and I've been intrigued throughout all of it.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Maybe now Adam Pearce will be brought in to Color Commentate (as he was supposed to at SCOH)?
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

fm20000 wrote:Okay so SCUM is over.

Now what do you do with all the losers in the group? Does Corino manage Cole now or something? Titus goes back to doing nothing? Compton got brought in for like 4 months?

This seems like it was a giant waste of time and they never even won a title.
Maybe it was just an elaborate way to change the group's name.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

SteenMark23 wrote:The SCUM storyline was great for what it was. Mind you, I haven't seen anything from the past two months (I'm currently watching SCOH) but thus far it has been a great angle IMO. Maybe not to so much in a in-ring standpoint, but all of this feels like a big deal and I've been intrigued throughout all of it.
It's been going downhill after SCOH, when Rave is gone and they have no leader.
MOOSE!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I highly doubt Steve Corino is actually gone from the company, or Jacobs or Hardy for that matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if SCUM lost they disband, they don't leave the company, especially when they have a plethora of loopholes to keep some around. Hardy and Jacobs can say they have ROH contracts, Corino can say hes contracted as a color commentator or something. Keep them off television for the next taping or the majority of it at least if the stipulation was they had to leave.
Tenryu's Perm

Post by Tenryu's Perm »

This all does seem strangely anti-climactic, but I will reserve judgment (and bitching) until I can watch the episodes this stuff takes place on. If SCUM is really truly over and done with, I'll actually be kinda bummed. Mostly cause I really wanted to see Nigel vs. Corino at Final Battle, haha.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed that this angle's over already. I was intrigued to see what Corino would do as booker. Plus, I think this means he's off commentary so that's a big negative.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I highly doubt Steve Corino is actually gone from the company, or Jacobs or Hardy for that matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if SCUM lost they disband, they don't leave the company, especially when they have a plethora of loopholes to keep some around. Hardy and Jacobs can say they have ROH contracts, Corino can say hes contracted as a color commentator or something. Keep them off television for the next taping or the majority of it at least if the stipulation was they had to leave.
I think the only person who probably wouldn't be able to make that argument (the contract argument) is Cliff Compton.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

So, what happens moving forward?
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

They should just forget the angle ever happened and act like everyone's just naturally a part of the roster
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

SteenMark23 wrote:So, what happens moving forward?
Well I guess Hardy is still in possession of the World Title, isn't he? Plus I'm not sure if they'll play up Jay's injury at the hands of S.C.U.M. on future shows...
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Mike Adamle wrote:They should just forget the angle ever happened and act like everyone's just naturally a part of the roster
[cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I'm glad this ended how it did. I wasn't sick of SCUM yet, but I definitely would have been by Final Battle. And it seems like some of it will carry over into new story lines (specifically Cole's heel turn, maybe Corino managing). I'm interested to see where they go with the World Title now. How much longer will Jay keep it? Hopefully his injury doesn't keep him out of action.

Hardy is like the new Charlie Haas. Everyone hated him, but he is slowly becoming a good enough heel character to offset his age/wrestling style.

Also, it's kind of ridiculous that people are crapping on Briscoe/Hardy based on the finish. We know nothing about the match except one move. It may be great, with the end working well with the story told in the match.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Corino and Hardy could hold the World Title hostage and only bring back the belt if they get to stay in the company and there is a rematch.

I agree that the belt somehow ends up on a heel Cole with Corino as his manager/agent.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

icyhot wrote:Corino and Hardy could hold the World Title hostage and only bring back the belt if they get to stay in the company and there is a rematch.

I agree that the belt somehow ends up on a heel Cole with Corino as his manager/agent.
I never like the "steal the belt" thing, it's just silly and pretty pointless. Especially since Hardy already kind of did it with the TV championship.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

SteenMark23 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Sounds like the attendance numbers got bumped up to the 400 range. Didn't they do a deal where if you got tickets to the iPPV you got TV Tapings tickets like half off or something?
I guess some people didn't like the idea of spending a weekend in Baltimore. Can't say I really blame them.
Personally I already had tickets to the Nats game today. So I was only doing the iPPV.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

So now it's time for a relaunch, which is fine. When you think about, this was SCUM's last big shot. All or nothing. Either they walk away with the belts and/or booking, or they lose and are gone. Steen got them all but Hardy, which makes sense as it was the last chance to imply Hardy might beat Jay since he was the only guy to beat Steen. That doesn't happen. Then Steen helps put the final nail in the coffin of SCUM.

The SCUM's resurgence angle had played itself out. It was definitely hampered by the fact that no one but Jacobs (and Rhino to a lesser degree) looked decent on the SCUM side. Titus and Compton never delivered. Hardy was tolerable at best. When your group only has one guy making people go 'great match' you're not much of a group and shouldn't linger around. And it wasn't booking. Booking doesn't make you look like crap in the ring (Jacobs proved that).

So it'll be interesting to see who stays and who goes, and what roles they'll have to play. Things are opened up now. We'll see how they play out in the upcoming months.