ROH Best In The World 2013 card

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DieHard

Re: ROH Best In The World 2013 card

Post by DieHard »

Elgin after two BackFist and Ciampa's kick-out from his Powerbomb. This could be the match where he will prove to everyone that he can hang with ROH's biggest names.
MOOSE!
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Marketh. wrote: What Ciampa needs isn't a win, just a hard-fought, competitive match with Elgin to show he can still hang after his injury.
Ah, but by the same merit, Elgin can afford to lose. If they go as far as I think they might, the crowd will be too busy uproariously applauding both exhausted men for the spectacle they just put on to care about a detail like who collapsed last.

I'd like to see ROH plant more booking seeds for Elgin's reign than one solitary fly-in, I suppose.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Elgin of course HAS to win in order to look strong before his title shot, Ciampa can absolutely afford to lose, it's not that he's already on a main event level. He needs to show the match against Lethal wasn't a fluke and he can have great matches on a consistant basis, under no circumstances should he beat elgin right now!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
wordsasbombs

Post by wordsasbombs »

I expect the final card to be:
world title: Jay Briscoe vs Mark Briscoe
Tag Titles: redDRagon vs C&C vs Titus/Compton
TV Title: Taven vs Lethal vs Jacobs
Steen vs Hardy
Elgin vs Ciampa
Whitmer vs Bennet
Cole vs Strong (probably a stip...maybe ringmaster's challenge 2?)
Wolves vs ACH/Thomas (probably #1 contender)
~Soyez réalistes. Demandez l'impossible.~
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buy my books...I'm hungry. Please.
http://www.jonathanculver.webs.com
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Davey Richards vs ACH. Book it. Not for TV, not for a house show, but an iPPV. This iPPV. DO IT ROH!!!!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

what about the 4 on 4 Elimination match between team SCUM vs team ROH? wasn't this semi-announced for this iPPV? or was that for another house show and I got that mixed up?
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:what about the 4 on 4 Elimination match between team SCUM vs team ROH? wasn't this semi-announced for this iPPV? or was that for another house show and I got that mixed up?
For this iPPV
MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

ok so I guess this could be (or maybe just wishful thinking) the three matches to complete the card:
ROH vs SCUM
Strong, Cole, Whitmer, Edwards vs Rave, Compton, Rhino, Jacobs

Davey Richards vs Karl Anderson

6-Man Mayhem
TD Thomas vs ACH vs Ethan Page vs Josh Alexander vs Silas Young vs QT Marshall
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote: Davey Richards vs Karl Anderson

6-Man Mayhem
TD Thomas vs ACH vs Ethan Page vs Josh Alexander vs Silas Young vs QT Marshall
None of these matches will happen.

Oh, and Rave is not coming back soon.
MOOSE!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

DieHard wrote:Elgin after two BackFist and Ciampa's kick-out from his Powerbomb. This could be the match where he will prove to everyone that he can hang with ROH's biggest names.
Only Davey and Steen have kicked out of Elgin's Powerbomb

Ciampa should not be kicking out
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

YimYac wrote:Only Davey and Steen have kicked out of Elgin's Powerbomb

Ciampa should not be kicking out
Well he'd better concuss Elgin with a Roaring Knee before he gets hit with one then. :P

A big, unexpected finisher kickout is oftentimes what make a main eventer out of a midcarder. Tyler vs Lariats comes to mind.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I think the SCUM vs ROH 8-man tag is at the TV Tapings?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Just watched 2013.06.08 early bird episode and on inside ROH they announced another match for BITW:
Spoiler: show
Adam Cole vs Roderick Strong
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

187_Joeism wrote:Just watched 2013.06.08 early bird episode and on inside ROH they announced another match for BITW:
Adam Cole vs Roderick Strong
I presumable this match is built off the result from the recent house show that hadn't happened at the time the second match was booked. Perhaps the presence of RD Evans on RoH shows is affecting the RoH space time continuum?
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Hopefully they make Cole-Strong a Fight Without Honor
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Mike Adamle wrote:Hopefully they make Cole-Strong a Fight Without Honor
Why on Earth would they do that?
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Cole didn't shake hands last night, that gets you A LOT of heat backstage with the boys. Things should really heat up now.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Mike Adamle wrote:Cole didn't shake hands last night, that gets you A LOT of heat backstage with the boys.
Yes it does.

Not enough for a Fight Without Honor. Not NEARRRLY enough. If it was that easy, it would've been Chris Daniels' specialty match.

I'm not even sure if this is enough grounds for a standard Relaxed Rules rematch. Once Cole tries to retire Roddy or Roddy tries to castrate Cole, then we'll be approaching FWH territory.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

no need for a FWH yet, but Cole vs Strong in a heated and stiff match is definitely appreciated.
Also excited if Taven can build on his good match with Eddie and have another good one against Lethal.
If ROH isn't bringing in any special attraction they could do Wolves vs ACH & TD Thomas
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

They could always go the other route with the feud too. Ringmaster's challenge II sounds good
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: