ROH Best In The World 2013 card

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
SteenMark23

ROH Best In The World 2013 card

Post by SteenMark23 »

From what I understand, the card so far is:

- Jay Briscoe vs Mark Briscoe for the ROH World Championship
- reDRragon vs C&C Wrestle Factory vs Titus/Compton for the ROH World Tag Team Championship
- Michael Elgin vs Tomasso Ciampa
- Matt Taven vs Jay Lethal vs Jimmy Jacobs for the ROH World Television Championship
- American Wolves vs Adrenaline Rush (TD/ACH)
- Kevin Steen vs Matt Hardy
- Adam Cole vs Roderick Strong

Quite the card. Can't wait to see what the final card will look like since Steen, Cole, Wolves etc. don't have matches yet. I'd also bet that we will see another international talent on this show. Let the speculation begin as to who it is.
Last edited by SteenMark23 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Mike Adamle

Re: ROH Best In The World 2013 card

Post by Mike Adamle »

So happy they're doing Jay vs. Mark.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I sooooo hope they bring in somebody from NJPW, is that a bit greedy after getting Anderson, Ishimori and London at the last two shows? Maybe, but a man can dream right? :D
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

You forgot Taven vs. Lethal for the TV Title. Lethal won a Three-Way with Bennett & Whitmer at the TV Tapings.

It's a very interesting card. I mean we have four matches (a fifth if Whitmer vs. Bennett happens, based on the Tapings), and none of them involve The Wolves, Kevin Steen, ACH, S.C.U.M., or Adam Cole...Interested to see what the rest of the card ends up looking like.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

And as much as I love and want to see Briscoe vs. Briscoe, this card doesn't deserve the name Best in the World.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Maybe London and Kendrick vs The Wolves?
MOOSE!
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

DieHard wrote:Maybe London and Kendrick vs The Wolves?
I like.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: It's a very interesting card. I mean we have four matches (a fifth if Whitmer vs. Bennett happens, based on the Tapings), and none of them involve The Wolves, Kevin Steen, ACH, S.C.U.M., or Adam Cole...Interested to see what the rest of the card ends up looking like.
ROH May 8th Newswire wrote:- A man who was not popular in the locker room last Saturday was Kevin Steen. Steen was defeated after begging Nigel to be Michael Elgin's tag partner when Jay Lethal injured his knee on a dive which left Elgin alone in a two-on-one situation. As a result of this victory, one member of S.C.U.M will now receive a future World Title Match AND Steve Corino will rejoin the commentary team. Steen is on a mission to prove himself by defeating each member of S.C.U.M leading to "Best in the World 2013" starting with Rhett Titus this weekend.
Rave in Texas, Compton in Ohio, Hardy at the PPV. Sound about right? I'd assume they'll be skipping over Rhino, since a show's been cancelled and that match's already been done.

I'd guess that Cole and/or will get a fly-in opponent. Maybe a puro guy to reinforce that "Best in the World" billing.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

Maybe Steen/Corino II at DBDXI?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think they should book Steen & Cole vs SCUM here, is a perfect match to follow their current storylines.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

since this is the spoiler thread, I'm not bothering using spoiler tags:
Wasn't Steen & Cole vs SCUM officially announced for BITW at the tapings?
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

They should do a Steen/Cole vs Corino/Jacobs street fight.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Corino's not about to offer himself up on a silver platter that easily. He'll stay at the back for as long as possible, behind his pawns.

Steen & Cole vs Jacobs & Hardy is a good sight more likely. Cole & Hardy have recent history, whereas Steen & Hardy have it on the horizon. Perfect segue.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Steen/Cole vs Jacobs/Rhino seems more realistic to me..
MOOSE!
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

How about Hardy & Rhino? Come on, Hardy's the SCUM member with the strongest storyline attachment to both Cole & Steen recently, and is SCUM's centerpiece to boot. What reason would they have to NOT put him in that match?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Steve Corino announced that Matt Hardy would be returning on June 23rd at the Baltimore TV tapings and would be getting a shot at the ROH World Title based off S.C.U.M's victory in the Elgin/Steen vs. SCUM tag match at "Border Wars 2013". In addition, Corino also challenged Match Maker Nigel McGuinness to find four of ROH's best to face four of Corino’s best and if S.C.U.M wins, Nigel is gone and Corino takes over as ROH's matchmaker BUT if Nigel’s team wins then S.C.U.M is no more.

This probably will take place on this iPPV. I think Titus, Compton, Rhino & Jacobs vs Steen, Cole & Wolves or Steen, Cole, Whitmer & ¿?
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

187_Joeism wrote:Steve Corino announced that Matt Hardy would be returning on June 23rd at the Baltimore TV tapings and would be getting a shot at the ROH World Title based off S.C.U.M's victory in the Elgin/Steen vs. SCUM tag match at "Border Wars 2013". In addition, Corino also challenged Match Maker Nigel McGuinness to find four of ROH's best to face four of Corino’s best and if S.C.U.M wins, Nigel is gone and Corino takes over as ROH's matchmaker BUT if Nigel’s team wins then S.C.U.M is no more.

This probably will take place on this iPPV. I think Titus, Compton, Rhino & Jacobs vs Steen, Cole & Wolves or Steen, Cole, Whitmer & ¿?
I REALLY hope thw Wolves will be in action against some fly-ins, either in singles or tag competition, otherwise that card would be really disappointing for a "Best in the World" show...
I think it will be Steen, Cole, Whitmer, Strong vs Jacobs, Hardy, Compton and Rhino
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Question about Elgin vs Ciampa

Who do you think needs the win more?
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Ciampa, hands down.

Elgin's been made to look plenty strong already going into his title shot. A loss at this stage wouldn't hurt. If anything, taking on a smidgen of vulnerability at such an important time would make him more nuanced and add an extra dimension of excitement to his title match. It would also set him up with his first big title challenger, maybe even a long-term rival.

It's very possible that they'll be going for a draw instead though, completely burning one another out in a hoss fight extraordinaire. Some real Hulk vs Sentry mutually-assured-destruction stuff.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I think Elgin needs to maintain his status and make up with more wins following the Anderson loss, especially when it happened after he became #1 contender.

What Ciampa needs isn't a win, just a hard-fought, competitive match with Elgin to show he can still hang after his injury.
Last Real Man Hype