ROH TV Tapings 05.05.13

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
187_Joeism

Re: ROH TV Tapings 05.05.13

Post by 187_Joeism »

Steve Corino cuts a promo and says Hardy will be champion. Calls Nigel out for #1 Contenders Matches without SCUM around.
Corino says SCUM beat C&C and Lethal and should have the title shots. Another pull-apart tonight.
Lethal and C&C make SCUM bail. Nigel and Corino teased confrontation.

Don´t make dream about a Nigel vs Corino match ROH!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Michael Elgin teased Elgin vs Anderson II in his promo on the first taping!!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

187_Joeism wrote:Michael Elgin teased Elgin vs Anderson II in his promo on the first taping!!
I bet after Elgin becomes Champ (I think it's inevitable), Anderson will come back & challenge him and Elgin will get his win back.
Riddick

Post by Riddick »

Just realized they didn't do London vs. Elgin.

Damn.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Riddick wrote:Just realized they didn't do London vs. Elgin.

Damn.
Yeah they said London was concussed after that double stomp from Richards near the end
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'm even more confident of a McGuinness versus Corino match, just hope they save it for the big event and don't throw it away. Every "old" fan of ROH will buy the iPPV if Nigel is promoted for a match.
burrhead

Post by burrhead »

I said here months ago that I hated the way C and C were being booked.Rarely a win if ever,and when it does happen,it's made to look like a fluke.

Now they get a match with ReDDragon,which I'm glad to see,and it should be a good match.But hard for anyone to take them serious as contenders the way they've been booked,and on the same set of tapings they job to Titus/Compton? :roll:
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

burrhead wrote:I said here months ago that I hated the way C and C were being booked.Rarely a win if ever,and when it does happen,it's made to look like a fluke.

Now they get a match with ReDDragon,which I'm glad to see,and it should be a good match.But hard for anyone to take them serious as contenders the way they've been booked,and on the same set of tapings they job to Titus/Compton? :roll:
Ring of Honor was always about the belief everyone is there to for a reason and anyone can beat anyone at any given time. There have been people on losing streaks who've won titles previously, all in the unpredictable aspect Delirious' booking brings.

However I don't want to see RD lose the titles just yet, their doing too well.
Logan Randall

Post by Logan Randall »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I'm even more confident of a McGuinness versus Corino match, just hope they save it for the big event and don't throw it away. Every "old" fan of ROH will buy the iPPV if Nigel is promoted for a match.
Either Best in the World or Final Battle. And how did you feel about the iPPV Jason?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Did Ethan Page and Josh Alexander have another dark match?
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

411mania's news section just spoiled Jay vs Mark for me with their obnoxious "BROTHER VS BROTHER HEADLINES NEXT ROH IPPV EVENT" news link. Shitheads.

I mad. I was really looking forward to Elgin vs Jay next month dammit. The fact that I've been cheated out of Elgin vs London as well doesn't help none.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

What the hell has Mark done to earn a World Title shot? He just had one at War and lost, and just lost a TV Title match (albeit not cleanly). Also, why did they call the Lethal vs. Elgin match a "#1 contender's match" of everyone on the roster is getting random title shots before him?
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Big Red Machine wrote:What the hell has Mark done to earn a World Title shot? He just had one at War and lost, and just lost a TV Title match (albeit not cleanly). Also, why did they call the Lethal vs. Elgin match a "#1 contender's match" of everyone on the roster is getting random title shots before him?
It was clearly stated that Elgin put his title shot on the backburner to focus on SCUM.

Mark is Jay's brother, that alone is enough to warrant a match
freebird77

Post by freebird77 »

Mentioned before that I'm the play-by-play man for Alpha-1 Wrestling in Hamilton, Ontario and I get to work with Ethan Page & Josh Alexander on a consistent basis.

They are two to keep an eye on for sure, can work singles or tags, they can both do a bit of everything in the ring, cut excellent promos plus they both have great minds for the buisness. It is a pleasure working with them so I'm so happy to see them getting a shot with ROH!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

TYFDK wrote:Did Ethan Page and Josh Alexander have another dark match?
They did not have a dark match at the TV tapings from what I understand. I could be wrong but did a podcast with Wiggy (slightly... maybe.. known podcaster with Sugar Dunkerton) who was at the show and didnt mention them having a dark match so I assume not.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

I believe Page/Alexander had a dark match before the PPV vs the Flatliners.

They didn't have a match on day 2