Border Wars Card

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Burnside

Re: Border Wars Card

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: - Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal vs. S.C.U.M. with Steve Corino (I think Jimmy Rave & Jimmy Jacobs are the most popular choices for this thus far)

I believe they said Kevin Steen will be there, so I'm guessing we'll get a segment that will maybe lead to an impromptu Kevin Steen vs. S.C.U.M. Member (presumably Matt Hardy) Match.
They're not going to throw Steen vs Hardy on the show with no hype. They consider that a money match.

Regarding the SCUM match, as stated there was no mention whatsoever of Jimmy Rave at the TV taping. I don't think it was because he was on the TNA PPV nobody saw; they wouldn't care about that (or if they did, why keep him off TV but not off the actual iPPV that ran head-to-head with the TNA show?)

Since SCUM is winning that match over Elgin & Lethal, I think it'll be upper-tier SCUM guys in the match, or a surprise of some kind (like Lethal or Elgin turning).
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Border Wars Card

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DieHard wrote:Ugh I was really looking forward to Hardy vs Steen. Hopefully they will sign this match asap.

Overall the card looks good, surprised at the stip for Rhett vs BJ. What was the last I Quit match in ROH? I think Cabana and Corino had one in 2010?
I'm sure we'll get Hardy vs. Steen, and it should almost be a guarantee that Steen will appear since it's Canada.

Yes that Corino/Cabana I Quit Match was at Richards vs. Daniels. It kinda stumps me as to why ROH would put this kind of match stipulation in a Mid-Card Match with (relative) Mid-Card guys, especially on an iPPV.
Burnside wrote: Regarding the SCUM match, as stated there was no mention whatsoever of Jimmy Rave at the TV taping. I don't think it was because he was on the TNA PPV nobody saw; they wouldn't care about that (or if they did, why keep him off TV but not off the actual iPPV that ran head-to-head with the TNA show?)

Since SCUM is winning that match over Elgin & Lethal, I think it'll be upper-tier SCUM guys in the match, or a surprise of some kind (like Lethal or Elgin turning).
That could be true maybe TNA ok'ed Rave for the iPPV but said he maybe couldn't appear from TV, or perhaps it's because of that nasty looking piledriver he took during the match and they wanted to keep him off...I don't know, but I don't think he's done with ROH.

I'm still betting on Rave & Jacobs thought it could be anyone. Could be new member as well. When then announced the NOAH Talent coming over, I always thought Takeshi Morishima would be a great fit for S.C.U.M., though it's probably not likely. But again, my bet's still Rave & Jacobs (or at least Jacobs).