Border Wars Card

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
tlova86

Border Wars Card

Post by tlova86 »

ROH World Championship
Jay Briscoe vs Adam Cole

ROH TV Championship
Matt Taven w/ Truth Martini vs Mark Briscoe

ROH Tag Team Championship
reDRagon vs TD & ACH

Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal vs S.C.U.M (Jimmy Jacobs & Jimmy Rave)

Kevin Steen vs Matt Hardy

Non-Title GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship
Eddie Edwards vs Taiji Ishimori

Davey Richards vs Naomichi Marufuji

Canada Street Fight
ROH (BJ Whitmer, C&C, ??? vs S.C.U.M. (Corino,Titus,Compton,Rhino)

Mike Mondo vs Roderick Strong vs Mike Bennett (maybe)
Last edited by tlova86 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JigsawVs.Jason

Re: Border Wars Card

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I really hope they put the NOAH guys in singles action, two dream matches are better than one
Davey vs Ishimori and Eddie vs Marufuji would be all kinds of awesome!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I really hope they put the NOAH guys in singles action, two dream matches are better than one
Agree. They didn't play up the NOAH entries as a tag team coming in, so I'm assuming it's two singles guys and as you say, two matches are better than one. .
Tom123

Post by Tom123 »

As of now, I'm really not feeling this card....
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think they have to take the chance and book ReDRagon vs Fuji/Ishimori, ReDRagon vs Forever Hooligans was great this week on TV and they can book a strong reign for them using more outside challengers. They can book Marufuji and Ishimori in singles in the TV Tapings.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DBSommer wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I really hope they put the NOAH guys in singles action, two dream matches are better than one
Agree. They didn't play up the NOAH entries as a tag team coming in, so I'm assuming it's two singles guys and as you say, two matches are better than one. .
Agreed. Really want to see Marufuji & Ishimori in singles matches and pairing them up with The Wolves in two one-on-one encounters would be perfect, though I'm not sure who would challenge reDRagon then, ACH & Tadarius maybe?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

With the matches already announced:

Jay Lethal and Elgin vs S.C.U.M of Jimmy Rave and Jimmy Jacobs

reDRagon vs TD Thomas and ACH

Canada Street Fight: BJ Whitmer, C&C and ??? (Ciampa) vs S.C.U.M of Compton, Titus, Rhino and Corino
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DieHard wrote:With the matches already announced:

Canada Street Fight: BJ Whitmer, C&C and ??? (Ciampa) vs S.C.U.M of Compton, Titus, Rhino and Corino
I've said this before but Rave & Jacobs should be the ones facing Lethal & Elgin. They are the best option.

Based on what's happened recently I'm sure we'll get Steen vs. Hardy. That'd be six matches. The Tag Title Match would be seven and an ROH vs. SCUM match could fill the remaining hole. TD & ACH do make the most sense as Tag Title Challengers in that case.

But you still have Roderick Strong, Mike Mondo & Mike Bennett. Hm....I heard someone say their might be a three way based on what happened at tapings but I feel 9 Matches would be a little much.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

9 matches is perfect. Run 5 before intermission and 4 after.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Is that Street Fight something that's just rumored or is that probably going to happen? (Same goes for the Hardy/Steen match and three way) So like were these strongly hinted at based on what happened at the Tapings (Hardy/Steen is likely but other two idk).
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

DieHard wrote:With the matches already announced:

Not bad but personally I'd like Chiampa to be kept out of the RoH/Scum feud for a while and be a lone gunman and for Corino to be kept as a mouthpiece and announcer. They could always start with the Lethal/Elgin Vs Scum match and then have Corino announce from that point on.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just watched the Early Bird Special of the first two episodes from the NYC tapings. It does look like they're heading towards a Strong/Mondo/Bennett Three-Way, and based on how the promo between Nigel & S.C.U.M. went, Corino seemed to hint that Hardy wouldn't be one of the guys facing Lethal & Elgin, so my guess is still Jacobs & Rave.

Speaking of Rave, he was not seen here at all with S.C.U.M. at the tapings. I think I said this before but I think this was because TNA showed their One Night Only X-Division PPV the same weekend, so I'm thinking that they decided to perhaps keep Rave off of TV for that reason. It would make no sense if he just disappeared, or at least of he's going to be written out, have BJ do the same thing he did to Super Dragon during the CZW invasion.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Just watched the Early Bird Special of the first two episodes from the NYC tapings. It does look like they're heading towards a Strong/Mondo/Bennett Three-Way, and based on how the promo between Nigel & S.C.U.M. went, Corino seemed to hint that Hardy wouldn't be one of the guys facing Lethal & Elgin, so my guess is still Jacobs & Rave.

Speaking of Rave, he was not seen here at all with S.C.U.M. at the tapings. I think I said this before but I think this was because TNA showed their One Night Only X-Division PPV the same weekend, so I'm thinking that they decided to perhaps keep Rave off of TV for that reason. It would make no sense if he just disappeared, or at least of he's going to be written out, have BJ do the same thing he did to Super Dragon during the CZW invasion.
Or he was just injured after Coleman's terrible piledriver at the iPPV. He looked like he was hurt after the match.
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DieHard wrote: Or he was just injured after Coleman's terrible piledriver at the iPPV. He looked like he was hurt after the match.
Hm that's true I forgot about that. Hope Rave's ok in that case...
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

The announcement of Briscoes v reDRagon seems to say that the tag champs wont be in Toronto for the show.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Then C&C vs Thomas and ACH for N1C?
MOOSE!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Blackest tag team match in ROH history.
Last Real Man Hype
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

DieHard wrote:Then C&C vs Thomas and ACH for N1C?
sounds like the best possible opener for an iPPV to me! Hope ROH listens to your suggestion
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So I just finished watching the 4/27 Early Bird, which is the last show before the iPPV (the show with Anderson/Elgin & Richards/O'Reilly is the weekend of). I will say that the finish of this episode's main event is very interesting, and could have interesting implications for the iPPV. Anyway, they ran down the card at the end of the show, so here it is:

- ROH World Title - Jay Briscoe (c) vs. Adam Cole
- ROH World TV Title - Matt Taven (c) with Truth Martini vs. Mark Briscoe
- Davey Richards vs. ??? (formerly vs. Naomichi Marufuji)
- Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal vs. S.C.U.M. with Steve Corino (I think Jimmy Rave & Jimmy Jacobs are the most popular choices for this thus far)
- Roderick Strong vs. Mike Bennett vs. Mike Mondo
- ACH & Tadarius Thomas vs. C & C Wrestle Factory
- Eddie Edwards vs. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champion Taiji Ishimori
- I Quit Match - BJ Whitmer vs. Rhett Titus

I believe they said Kevin Steen will be there, so I'm guessing we'll get a segment that will maybe lead to an impromptu Kevin Steen vs. S.C.U.M. Member (presumably Matt Hardy) Match.

reDRagon (Team Am'fishin) also said in one of the Inside ROH Segments that they were upset about ROH putting the NOAH guys against the Wolves instead of them, so they won't even be in Canada at all.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Ugh I was really looking forward to Hardy vs Steen. Hopefully they will sign this match asap.

Overall the card looks good, surprised at the stip for Rhett vs BJ. What was the last I Quit match in ROH? I think Cabana and Corino had one in 2010?
MOOSE!