ROH New York TV Tapings Spoilers

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Re: ROH New York TV Tapings Spoilers

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Marketh. wrote:Christ, people. MuayThai isn't the only person to ever watch ROH that has a controversial opinion.
Maybe he's the lovechild of JSWO and MuayThai!?
Seagull

Post by Seagull »

Nobody's going to talk about the best part of the taping? What Rhino did with the Cena fan?
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Some fan led a "feed Matt less chant" during the taping. I thought that was funny. Anyway, out of all the events I went to over the weekend(Supercard of Honor, this tv taping, wwe hall of fame, and wrestlemania), I think I enjoyed this one the most. Maybe because I was front row, but Elgin vs Anderson and Richards vs O'Reilly are MOTY candidates so far. In terms of atmosphere the hall of fame and wrestlemania were much better, but the ROH shows had better wrestling and man it was so cool when "Gimme Back My Bullets" played after Jay Briscoe won the title. I enjoyed that much more than hearing "I"m coming home" a million times throughtout wrestlemania :lol: Anyway, for those who weren't there, watch these episodes when they air. ROH was much better than wwe over the weekend.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So with the stipulations for the Tag Match at Border Wars, I think it's obvious S.C.U.M. is winning this. I don't think anyone sees this thing ending this soon. That being said, I really.....really.....hope they give Hardy his World Title Shot either at the TV Tapings in Toronto or at one of the four live events before Best in the World (assuming BJ Whitmer will probably still get his shot in Richmond, which would be the 5th of those events). I think nobody wants Matt Hardy being in the World Title Match in the main event of an iPPV in 2013.

Plus, I'm all for more Steve Corino on commentary
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Jay Briscoe vs. Matt Hardy in Columbus is literally the last match I would ever want to see ever.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Matt Hardy will have his shot in a Southern show because he will draw good there i think.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I say he gets it the next night on the Toronto tapings. You can get away with more in a TV setting, plus it might limit the match to around 10-15mins.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Was Jimmy Rave part of the TV Taping?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

187_Joeism wrote:Was Jimmy Rave part of the TV Taping?
No, he never appeared and there was no mention of him, at least in front of the crowd.

My thoughts, having attended live:

Veda Scott arrived just before the dark match, running into the arena with all her bags, presumably rushing over from the Shimmer show in Jersey.

Dark match: Generic bearded guy vs giant fat guy with bare feet and half his face painted and "KONGO" on his tights. Match was being called solo by the new backstage interviewer kid. Kongo worked "wild savage" spots, and got over immediately. A wit in the crowd urges Kongo to "pull his ears off!" Kongo wins with giant fat splash.

Kelly intro'd to big baby face reaction. They announce that the first episode taped today will air on the weekend of 4/13, so no Road Rages on the horizon.

Episode 1

Nigel out with pretty much all the faces around the ring. Nigel intros new champ Jay Briscoe. Victory speech.
Adam Cole in for words. Congratulates Briscoe. Will take the title in Toronto. Leaves. Briscoe accepts his challenge. Play his music. Everybody leaves.

Bobby Fish vs. Eddie Edwards
Choreographed Indy Sequence of Mutual Respect and Parity early. Davey on commentary. Really good match. 15 minutes and counting. Crowd very hot. Fish wins clean with a roll-through. His legit knee injury didn't seem to be slowing him down that much.

RD Evans & QT Marshall vs Alabama Attitude
Evans bossing around and upstaging Marshall.Proclaims himself the jelly to Marshall's peanut butter and says they are the perfect tag team. Heels win in maybe 7.

Mondo's music hits but as he enters Roderick Strong slips in front of him into the ring. Asks why he doesn't get opportunities. Says Mondo doesn't belong in ROH. Mondo jumps him. Huge pull-apart with officials.

5-way scramble match, winner gets TV title match at Border Wars:
Mike Mondo vs Cedric Alexander vs Caprice Coleman vs Mark Briscoe vs BJ Whitmer
New Combination Choreographed Indy Sequence of Mutual Respect and Parity with each other. "Mark, how's the dogs?" asks the wit. "They're good, man," Briscoe responds mid-match. Fun, fast-paced match. Mark Briscoe wins with the frog splash on Alexander, will face Taven at Border Wars.

Episode 2

Steen out to huge face pop. Streamerpalooza. Corino out with mic. Steen won't return his calls. Says it's okay Steen lost; the mission is still intact. Steen says with Cornette gone ROH is fine. Says all he wants is to earn another shot at the title. All of SCUM hits the ring. No Rave. Corino says they're not focused on the title right now. Steen says he loves Jimmy Jacobs and accepts Rhino and Compton. Says he isn't sure about Titus.
Says he has no idea what "this motherfucker", meaning Hardy, is doing with them. Corino is outraged and says it's best if Steen leaves SCUM. Steen attacks Hardy to a huge pop. All of SCUM beat down Steen, culminating in a Twist of Fate.

Mondo joins Kelly on commentary. Other than the guests, Kelly has called the show solo thus far.

Roderick Strong vs Mike Bennett (with Brutal Bob, no Maria)
Bennett looks ready for his Wellness test. Strong throws Bennett into Mondo, then kills Bennett with back breaker on apron. Back in. Strike exchange. Bennett spears him for 2. Mondo takes out Bob. Roddy wins with Death by Roderick.

Mondo jumps them both, another big pull-apart. Looks to be a 3-way at Border Wars.

Tadarius Thomas vs Jorge Something
Jorge es un Latino enorme. Choreographed Indy Sequence of Respect and Parity! SCUM in to kill both guys for the DQ. Crowd actually annoyed as match was pretty good. Rhino with his gore gets a huge baby face pop though.

Corino cuts heel promo. Nigel out on ramp with mic. Nigel says SCUM is dead. Corino says he created Steen. Nothing is over. Nigel calls Lethal and Elgin out. Corino says Hardy will be next champ. Says if he's given a shot, Corino will leave wrestling if he fails. Corino says Nigel's a hypocrite and the "stupid documentary" he shills is "a piece of shit". Says Nigel didn't have Hepititus, he's just a coward.

Nigel books Elgin & Lethal vs any two members of SCUM at Border Wars. If SCUM wins, a member of Corino's choice gets a shot. If SCUM loses, Corino is gone. Corino accepts on condition that if SCUM wins, Corino also gets the color commentary spot. Nigel taking the jacket OFF. Face off in the ring. Nigel accepts the stips, Corino says he'll see him next week.

Mark Briscoe on color.

TV title: Taven vs ACH
Scarlett literally distracts ACH by yelling "Hey! Hey!" and pointing to her breasts. This allows Taven to take over. ACH is over as fuck, but really he is pretty green. This gets sloppy. Sinclair tormented with Twinkies count. Because he's fat, you see. Taven wins with his modified DDT thing after Martini interferes.

Briscoe has words with Taven as HOT leaves.

Crowd-killingly long 25-minute intermission.

August 17 return date announced for the Hammerstein; that'll be an iPPV.

Episode 3

This would be the go home show for Border Wars, airing 4/27.

Corino out with a mic, Jacobs, Titus, and Compton. Pretty sure Jimmy Rave officially does not exist. Asks Nigel to send out 3 of his best.

Jacobs, Titus, and Compton vs Whitmer & New Combination
Corino on commentary. This match...so much at stake...Corino passed the roll of coins to Titus, who clocks Whitmer for the heel victory.

Beatings ensue. Elgin and Lethal out for the save.

Lethal cuts promo on Titus. He thought Titus was his friend. Challenges him for RIGHT NOW.

"You're a shitty friend, Rhett!" yells The Wit, "Never forget it! That's all that matters! I'll be your friend, Jay!"

Lethal vs Titus
Lethal hits him with 3 consecutive dives. Twinkies chant of torment. That reprehensible Rhett Titus takes over with a hair pull. Best Rhett Titus match since God knows when. Lethal with the Lethal Combination and Injection for the win.

Lethal cuts post-match promo. War has just begun. Promises victory at Border Wars.

Table and chairs set up in ring. Perhaps a CONTRACT SIGNING. Nigel out with DOCUMENTS. Cole and Briscoe contract signing. They both sign. Handshake. Corino again, with Hardy and Rhino. Corino says Hardy should be getting the shot. Briscoe challenges SCUM right now. Nigel books Cole & Briscoe vs Hardy & Rhino right now.

Cole & Jay Briscoe vs Rhino & Matt Hardy
Hardy twice attempts to throw his shirt into the crowd, only to have it thrown back at him. On the third attempt, a fan keeps it to massive heel heat. Tons of heat. Cole and Rhino fuck up an arm drag. Rhino working over Briscoe's injured shoulder. Then Hardy gets the heat on Cole. Cole face in peril. Hot tag. Briscoe still clearly limited by that injury. Rhino is the biggest face in this match as far as the crowd is concerned. Faces win with Cole rolling up Rhino out of nowhere.

Faces have dissension post match.

Episode 4

Prince Nana on color!

Karl Anderson vs Michael Elgin
Anderson is huge compared to most of this roster. Has a hilarious machine gun sound effect during his intro.
The clubbing blows. The grunts. The lifting and slamming of men. The Japanese manliness of this forceful match. The importance of hitting each other hard enough to leave a mark in your fake fight. Okay, that got pretty great actually. Anderson wins clean in like 20 minutes, best match of the taping so far. I guess he'll be back after going over Elgin and Roddy this weekend. Either that or New Japan told him he can't job in ROH.

Post match handshake. Standing ovation.

MsChif vs A Completely Average-Looking Woman
Veda runs in and attacks MsChif almost immediately for the DQ. Pull apart. Sinclair makes sure to cop a feel on Veda.

"She needs to die!" screams MsChif off mic.

Nana abruptly sings his "We're in the money" song and runs to the back.

Davey Richards vs Kyle O'Reilly
Bobby fish on commentary. Crowd thinning out a little during this. Now that he's a heel, O'Reilly has maple-leafed his gear to signify his insidious Canadian heritage. "This" you may be surprised to hear, "is wrestling." Twinkies. This match has it all. INSANE flying lung buster on the floor by O'Reilly on Davey. Difficult to describe; has to be seen. Richards double-foot stomp from the top turnbuckle to O'Reilly through a table on the floor. O'Reilly in at 19. This is one of the craziest matches ever on the TV show. O'Reilly kicks out of kick sequence, but Davey taps him with an arm bar.

Really good show; exceeded my expectations. Glad I came to this.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well the TNA One Night Only X-Division PPV was this past weekend as well wasn't it? I know that was taped months ago but Rave was on that show so perhaps him not being on the TV Tapings was because of that...
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Just watched the SCUM/Nigel, Lethal and Elgin segment from Episode Two, Corino never mentioed that Hardy will get the title-shot if they wins IIRC.
MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

DieHard wrote:Just watched the SCUM/Nigel, Lethal and Elgin segment from Episode Two, Corino never mentioed that Hardy will get the title-shot if they wins IIRC.
What a relief! :) thanks for posting, I was getting worried :D
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

The didn´t mention Hardy, but it is someone from SCUM you know they are going to choose Hardy.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Didn't Corino say that if S.C.U.M. wins in Toronto then his "Jesus" (Matt Hardy) gets a shot? He referred to Hardy as this several times so it's going to be Hardy that gets the shot.
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

Another thing that has me puzzled is the push to the moon of Karl Anderson. What is the point of this if he is just going to leave? They even had him go over Michael Elgin! Did his contract specify he couldn't lose or something? Makes no sense whatsoever. He's a pretty good wrestler but definitely not good enough to be able to walk in and go over almost every single big name in ROH. It just makes the company look second rate imo.
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Didn't Corino say that if S.C.U.M. wins in Toronto then his "Jesus" (Matt Hardy) gets a shot? He referred to Hardy as this several times so it's going to be Hardy that gets the shot.
The blasphemy crap is really annoying. Imagine the storm if instead of calling Matt Hardy "Jesus" and Corino "God" that Matt was "Muhammad" and Corino is "Allah". Keep religion out of wrestling.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I'm a Christian and have no problem with it. It's fiction and even then Corino obviously isn't actually saying he's Jesus. It's arrogance, not insult. He doesn't say Allah because Christians are far less likely to get their nutsacks in a twist.
Last edited by Marketh. on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

Marketh. wrote:I'm a Christian and have no problem with it. It's fiction and even then Corino obviously isn't actually saying he's Jesus. Lighten up.
So when Corino says that "Matt Hardy is Jesus" he isn't saying Matt Hardy is Jesus? That's some interesting logic. To you, what do you think he means by it then? He's like the Jesus of SCUM? The SCUM Messiah? lol
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

ROHIsWrestling wrote:
Marketh. wrote:I'm a Christian and have no problem with it. It's fiction and even then Corino obviously isn't actually saying he's Jesus. Lighten up.
So when Corino says that "Matt Hardy is Jesus" he isn't saying Matt Hardy is Jesus? That's some interesting logic.
Yeah, it's almost as if I understand what a metaphor is.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

Marketh. wrote:
ROHIsWrestling wrote:
So when Corino says that "Matt Hardy is Jesus" he isn't saying Matt Hardy is Jesus? That's some interesting logic.
Yeah, it's almost as if I understand what a metaphor is.
Maybe you should alert Kevin Kelly because he called it blasphemy on ROH TV. For the record, Matt is nothing like Jesus. Jesus was totally ripped and Lardy is more on the seefood diet.