Supercard of Honor VII Matches Announced @ TV Taping

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
BTW10

Supercard of Honor VII Matches Announced @ TV Taping

Post by BTW10 »

Kevin Steen(c) vs. Jay Briscoe (ROH World Title)
redDRagon(c) vs. The American Wolves (World Tag Team Championship)
Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin (Not confirmed, but heard for the #1 contendership)

Teased Matches
Charlie Haas vs. Shelton Benjamin or Mike Mondo
Matt Taven(c) vs. Adam Cole vs. Matt Hardy (World TV Title) (No official word, but since Cole/Hardy ended in a DQ, I'm assuming this will happen)

Thoughts on this card?
Mike0284

Re: Supercard of Honor VII Matches Announced @ TV Taping

Post by Mike0284 »

I'm mad I'll be stuck in Kentucky visiting family instead of seeing this live in NYC.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Looks a pretty damn good card so far. Hope it's Haas vs. Shelton and not Mondo though.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

BTW10 wrote:Kevin Steen(c) vs. Jay Briscoe (ROH World Title)
Enough said.
ufcmmatnafan345

Post by ufcmmatnafan345 »

wow this line up looks weak for a supercard of honor the line up 2 years ago and even 4 years ago and back were much stronger than this no japanese talents coming in? no guys like teddy hart and jack evans, kenta etc. glad im going to tna that night in westbury instead of this show in nyc. come on roh you can do better than this!
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

ufcmmatnafan345 wrote:wow this line up looks weak for a supercard of honor the line up 2 years ago and even 4 years ago and back were much stronger than this no japanese talents coming in? no guys like teddy hart and jack evans, kenta etc. glad im going to tna that night in westbury instead of this show in nyc. come on roh you can do better than this!
Hello MuayThai.
ufcmmatnafan345

Post by ufcmmatnafan345 »

SteenMark23 wrote:
ufcmmatnafan345 wrote:wow this line up looks weak for a supercard of honor the line up 2 years ago and even 4 years ago and back were much stronger than this no japanese talents coming in? no guys like teddy hart and jack evans, kenta etc. glad im going to tna that night in westbury instead of this show in nyc. come on roh you can do better than this!
Hello MuayThai.
dont know who that is lol. this is my 1st day posting on this forum!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

BTW10 wrote:Kevin Steen(c) vs. Jay Briscoe (ROH World Title)
redDRagon(c) vs. The American Wolves (World Tag Team Championship)
Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin (Not confirmed, but heard for the #1 contendership)

Teased Matches
Charlie Haas vs. Shelton Benjamin or Mike Mondo
Matt Taven(c) vs. Adam Cole vs. Matt Hardy (World TV Title) (No official word, but since Cole/Hardy ended in a DQ, I'm assuming this will happen)

Thoughts on this card?
Looks great. I think they are heading to Mondo and Grizzly tag team or something like that more than Mondo vs Haas. Elgin vs Lethal will be so much better than their match last year.
MOOSE!
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

I have such mixed feelings about the TV Title match. I don't want Taven to lose, but there's no sense in Cole winning it back and I'd rather not see him lose. And I'd rather not see Hardy in it at all. Maybe as part of a SCUM 6 Man tag where his exposure would be limited it would be fine (like the TV taping match tonight).

Nice to see Jay get the shot, but I don't want him to unseat Steen yet. Getting the match is a nice repayment for dropping the tag titles so soon.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Kevin Steen vs Jay Briscoe should be amazing to see live in NYC. Can't wait!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

hmmm let's wait and see how it turns out, but it is a bit disappointing for a Supercard IMO. Maybe I was expecting too much, but Elgin vs Lethal and the hinted matches Cole/Taven/Hardy and Shelton/Charlie don't interest me in the slightest. I don't know, but it seems to me they won't be bringing anyone in, since all the big ROH stars seem to have matches already, which would be a gigantic letdown for me. Let's hope I'm wrong, and there is some outside talent, but as of right now I'm quite disappointed of this supposed card. Sure Steen/Jay will be awesome, but the rest of the card screams disappointment if they don't add someone to justify the Supercard moniker. Otherwise, they should've thought twice about naming the show Supercard, especially after all the negative reactions towards the last "Supercard"
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Jay Briscoe will be a great and deserving (transitional) champion!
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:hmmm let's wait and see how it turns out, but it is a bit disappointing for a Supercard IMO. Maybe I was expecting too much, but Elgin vs Lethal and the hinted matches Cole/Taven/Hardy and Shelton/Charlie don't interest me in the slightest. I don't know, but it seems to me they won't be bringing anyone in, since all the big ROH stars seem to have matches already, which would be a gigantic letdown for me. Let's hope I'm wrong, and there is some outside talent, but as of right now I'm quite disappointed of this supposed card. Sure Steen/Jay will be awesome, but the rest of the card screams disappointment if they don't add someone to justify the Supercard moniker. Otherwise, they should've thought twice about naming the show Supercard, especially after all the negative reactions towards the last "Supercard"
The last Supercard in 2011 was pretty good though. I think the issue is that Supercard for years was reliant on the heavy influence of Dragon Gate Talent and those great Six-Man Tags, as well as outside talent from Japan (as was the case with Supercard of Honor IV). With Dragon Gate USA becoming it's own promotion (plus the fact that the number of Japanese Talents they use have steadily decreased in number) run by Gabe, and NOAH having it's own share of issues right now with the whole Kenta Kobashi Situation, there really isn't room to bring in outside talent anymore. They could have brought in some outside talent from mabye CHIKARA, but with it being an iPPV and pretty much every well known Indy promotion on the East Coast having shows that weekend, the talent just isn't there. Unless ROH can get some NOAH guys to come over, the days of the old Supercard are long dead.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I'd bring John Morrison.
MOOSE!
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DieHard wrote:I'd bring John Morrison.
Not happening. Morrison is working PWS that night against Liger.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

PWS and ROH shows are at the same time? Maybe Morrison or Lyger can make it to both shows. I would bring Eddie Kingston and Alex Shelley if he is in the US as the outside talent for the show.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

187_Joeism wrote:PWS and ROH shows are at the same time? Maybe Morrison or Lyger can make it to both shows. I would bring Eddie Kingston and Alex Shelley if he is in the US as the outside talent for the show.
The owner of PWS Kevin Matthews completely hates ROH for whatever reason and would likely try everything in his power to prevent it
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

YimYac wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:PWS and ROH shows are at the same time? Maybe Morrison or Lyger can make it to both shows. I would bring Eddie Kingston and Alex Shelley if he is in the US as the outside talent for the show.
The owner of PWS Kevin Matthews completely hates ROH for whatever reason and would likely try everything in his power to prevent it
Unfortunately for Matthews there's nothing he can really do given the fact that the Hammerstein has pretty much sold out for Supercard of Honor VII to my knowledge
RorayOchet

Post by RorayOchet »

ReDRagon all day, everyday.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Spoiler from Early Bird:
Spoiler: show
Shelton Benjamin vs Charlie Haas announced at the 03/16/2013 episode
MOOSE!