ROH TV Tapings 03.03.2013 SPOILERS

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Midnight138

Re: ROH TV Tapings 03.03.2013 SPOILERS

Post by Midnight138 »

bigz38 wrote:I was the correspondent for PWP, so I do want to apologize for any errors in my reports. That's what I get for sitting in the bleaches, where the speakers aren't really facing you. :(
I was sitting somewhere to your left (direct center of the bleachers) if you took that photo on the first page of this thread. I heard everything just fine. You should have moved over so you could hear better. :D

And apparently I heard Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin but can anyone else confirm that one?
Yeah, Nigel said they've both gotten title shots and failed, but they are both worthy contenders. So it'll be Lethal versus Elgin and the winner gets another title match.
Midnight138

Post by Midnight138 »

DBSommer wrote:Any word on if Compton put in a good showing? I know it was a TV tag match so the time would be limited, but I am curious to any on site reactions to him.
The dude exudes charisma and was solid in what he did in the ring. As noted, he didn't do a ton in the ring because of the nature of the match, but what he did was crisp and looked good.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

Midnight138 wrote:
DBSommer wrote:Any word on if Compton put in a good showing? I know it was a TV tag match so the time would be limited, but I am curious to any on site reactions to him.
The dude exudes charisma and was solid in what he did in the ring. As noted, he didn't do a ton in the ring because of the nature of the match, but what he did was crisp and looked good.
Compton was nothing more than a hypeman for SCUM. Did next to nothing in the ring before tagging out. I think somebody in SCUM needs to tell Compton SCUM is an acronym for something so that he'll stop calling the fans who follow SCUM "scumbags".
Kikuchiyo

Post by Kikuchiyo »

ufcmmatnafan345 wrote:lol scum is a bunch of washed up guys that ive never been impressed with not interested at all hope it dissolves soon. supercard of honor is weak if you ask me wheres kenta, teddy hart, jack evans some japanese wrestlers? come on roh you can do better than this glad im going to tna that night in westbury ny instead!
You don't like washed up guys so you're going to TNA instead?
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Where was Cheeseburger
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:Where was Cheeseburger
He was sitting in the bleachers with a sling on his arm but didn't participate in the show at all.
lastchancery

Post by lastchancery »

Yeah, Elgin vs. Lethal at SuperCard, with a winner getting a future title shot.

The Wolves/ACH+Thomas match was amazing. Got a "this is awesome" chant during and a "that was awesome" chant after. Never got that loud again.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

We've posted a detailed report on our site that we got sent: http://rohworld.com/03-03-13-tapings/
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

So Steen's next title contenders are

Mark-Asheville 3/30
Jay-NY 4/5

BJ-???
Cole-???
Winner of Lethal/Elgin-???
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

YimYac wrote:So Steen's next title contenders are

Mark-Asheville 3/30
Jay-NY 4/5

BJ-???
Cole-???
Winner of Lethal/Elgin-???
I think either BJ or Cole will get their shot at the TV Taping on the 6th. SInce Border Wars is the month after I'd say Elgin wins and faces Steen again in Canada
kconstangs

Post by kconstangs »

I wanted to note that SCUM enters the ring through the crowd now and Kevin Steen came down the ramp like normal so just more teasing to Kevin Steen not being a "real" part of SCUM. Also to me it seems like they are going to build to Steen/Hardy eventually. Corino was talking up both Hardy and Steen every time they were in the ring. It just seems like when Steen eventually turns on SCUM that Hardy will be his challenger
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

Why would ROH set up Cole to be a future world title challenger if he was on his way out ? Oh that's right, he's not going anywhere and all this talk is the usual dirt sheet nonsense. With the way ROH's schedule is set up I don't see Cole getting this title shot until a few months from now and I would say he's a heavy favorite to take the title from Steen. So will Cole still be working these ROH shows while he's in NXT or something? Seriously, why is it whenever WWE signs one or maybe two Indy names the dirt sheets make claims that indicate WWE will be doing a big talent raid of the Indy scene? WWE signs Generico and supposedly he was to be the start of many new signings. Well two months later and WWE still hasn't signed anybody else. The dirt sites have been doing this for years. I remember back when Danielson signed and they made it seem like WWE wanted to sign half the ROH roster. Of course, no other names followed and there are never more signings in these situations when WWE signs one known name from ROH or DGUSA/Evolve . These sites need to cool it with this nonsense as it makes fans get into a frenzy over nothing.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just to clear the air on the whole Adam Cole thing, he did attend the recent tryout seminar along with Mike Bennett and I believe Sami Callihan (hence why Cole & Bennett were absent from the Feb 2nd TV Tapings). The WWE usually offers up a contract if they're interested in you. It's been a month. Now whether Cole got an offer or not, we don't know. Maybe the dropping of the TV Title to Taven is just a sign that Cole is moving up to bigger & better things in ROH, which was suggested at the TV Tapings on Sunday by Nigel in regards to Cole getting a title shot...but again we'll have to wait & see how these things play out. All depends on when Cole gets his title shot.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Just watched this next TV Show and Elgin doesn´t have a TV Title Shot, they said that if Matt Hardy won the 4CS fighting with Honor he will have a TV Title shot, but they never said that the winner will have one.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

187_Joeism wrote:Just watched this next TV Show and Elgin doesn´t have a TV Title Shot, they said that if Matt Hardy won the 4CS fighting with Honor he will have a TV Title shot, but they never said that the winner will have one.
Ahhhh ok