ROH Maryland 01/07/2012 TV tapings Official Discussion

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

ROH Maryland 01/07/2012 TV tapings Official Discussion

Post by cgstong »

LIVE results: http://wp.me/p1rVA2-3hv

Devon Storm defeates Antonio Thomas

Eddie Edwards defeats Mike Mondo

Roderick Strong defeats Ricky Reyes

Matt Jackson defeats Kenny King after Nick used Rhett Titus' crutch to strike King

Tomasso Ciampa beats TJ perkins fairly easily. Finished looked very impressive

Devon storm vs. Grizzly Redwood is up but Michael Elgin takes Devon Storm's place after Truth paid him off. Elgin beats Redwood

ROH Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly (Team Ambition) defeat Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

ROH returns to Baltimore on Febuary 4th. Probably a tv taping

ROH TV Title: Jay Lethal defeats Mike Bennett via roll-up after Maria pushed Bennett onto a fallen Lethal

Here comes Steen out for a promo. Basic stuff from Steen. Cornette comes out and bans the piledriver.

Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin came out and demanded a rematch with the Briscoes and apparently got it.

ROH Tag Title: Briscoes defeat Benjamin & Haas via dq after Shelton hit them with a chair shot
Cornette fines Shelton 5K. Tease another rematch

Eddie Edwards defeats Kyle O'Reilly via roll-up

Steve corino comes out 2 do commentary

Mike Mondo vs. Matt Taven gets interrupted by Kevin Steen. Steen just hit an F5 on both Taven and Mondo. Guessing that's his new finisher. Steen and Corino tease a brawl, but ultimately do not fight.

House of Truth defeat ROH Tag Champs The Briscoes after Truth throws baby powder in the eyes of Jay, leading 2 him bringing out a baseball bat. Briscoes get dq'ed after Jay uses it
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
WrestlingMatters

Re: ROH Maryland 01/07/2012 TV tapings Official Discussion

Post by WrestlingMatters »

I guess I wont be watching the TV show at all anymore...
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

....wow. Well, OK. I think the taping sounds pretty good, personally. I don't know how I feel about playing on the concussion-storyline (and to think about it, I feel like they wanted to do this last year with Davey after the Roddy-match but forgot about it), but it's neat to see a new wrinkle in the WGTT/Briscoes-feud. It's smart to do the official turn on TV since they screwed up so bad with the feud on iPPV. Also excited to see the ANX/Young Bucks-feud begin and progress.
WrestlingMatters

syxxpakk wrote:....wow. Well, OK. I think the taping sounds pretty good, personally. I don't know how I feel about playing on the concussion-storyline (and to think about it, I feel like they wanted to do this last year with Davey after the Roddy-match but forgot about it), but it's neat to see a new wrinkle in the WGTT/Briscoes-feud. It's smart to do the official turn on TV since they screwed up so bad with the feud on iPPV. Also excited to see the ANX/Young Bucks-feud begin and progress.
But Mike Mondo in two matches? Jesus Christ! lol
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

He's a jobber, who cares :lol:
WrestlingMatters

syxxpakk wrote:He's a jobber, who cares :lol:
Why not use young talent though? probably wayyyy cheaper and beneficial to the future of the company.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I don't think Mondo is going to be that expensive, to be honest. And in fact, why not use young talent to build as stars?

Jobbers and squashes are a necessity. Would you rather it be Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly getting killed by Kevin Steen?
WrestlingMatters

syxxpakk wrote:I don't think Mondo is going to be that expensive, to be honest. And in fact, why not use young talent to build as stars?

Jobbers and squashes are a necessity. Would you rather it be Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly getting killed by Kevin Steen?
I mean to take a look at young guys outside the company.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I don't follow.

Are you saying you would rather them bring in young guys to job?
WrestlingMatters

syxxpakk wrote:I don't follow.

Are you saying you would rather them bring in young guys to job?
Yes just to take a look at them, why not?
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

But if they're jobbers, does it really matter? I would rather save young guys "to get a look at" for more serious try-out matches, instead of just feeding them to the likes of Eddie Edwards, Tommasso, etc.
WrestlingMatters

syxxpakk wrote:But if they're jobbers, does it really matter? I would rather save young guys "to get a look at" for more serious try-out matches, instead of just feeding them to the likes of Eddie Edwards, Tommasso, etc.
But neither match was a complete squash from what I've heard, 4 or 5 minutes with Eddie Edwards is enough for someone to show something.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

It's a squash by ROH-standards, though.
WrestlingMatters

syxxpakk wrote:It's a squash by ROH-standards, though.
I don't consider that a squash by any standards.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I do, but I also have problems with the typical ROH jobber matches because they're not as full-on squashes as they should be. Like I said, squashes by ROH standards. But I've never really put much thought into who jobbers should be and shouldn't be. As long as it's someone I'm not invested in, I don't really mind. I'm not really invested in Mike Mondo, so let him be the loser I say. Better him than them bringing in Kyle Matthews or someone that I tend to enjoy.
WrestlingMatters

syxxpakk wrote:I do, but I also have problems with the typical ROH jobber matches because they're not as full-on squashes as they should be. Like I said, squashes by ROH standards. But I've never really put much thought into who jobbers should be and shouldn't be. As long as it's someone I'm not invested in, I don't really mind. I'm not really invested in Mike Mondo, so let him be the loser I say. Better him than them bringing in Kyle Matthews or someone that I tend to enjoy.
I just wanna see some fresh talent at the end of the day, I think most fans would agree with that.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:....wow. Well, OK. I think the taping sounds pretty good, personally. I don't know how I feel about playing on the concussion-storyline (and to think about it, I feel like they wanted to do this last year with Davey after the Roddy-match but forgot about it), but it's neat to see a new wrinkle in the WGTT/Briscoes-feud. It's smart to do the official turn on TV since they screwed up so bad with the feud on iPPV. Also excited to see the ANX/Young Bucks-feud begin and progress.
But Mike Mondo in two matches? Jesus Christ! lol
Mondo is officially on the roster. http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/242890- ... e-revealed
or Fb.com/ROHworld
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

Mike Mondo is a pretty good wrestler.

In fact, of all the wrestlers on this card named Mike, I believe Mondo is the most deserving of a spot in ROH.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Forgot to add "Post match promo sets up cole and edwards as new tag team"
or Fb.com/ROHworld
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Mondo is actually really talented. I hope he gets some run in ROH. He was the best of any of the Spirit Squad guys from a personality and workrate standpoint(and yes that includes Ziggler and Doane).
Admin note: User permanently banned.