02/02/13 TV Taping results

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Re: 02/02/13 TV Taping results

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Rhino beating both Coleman & Alexander is really dumb.

Taven winning Top Prospects w/ Martini could be awesome. I kinda hope he wins the TV title.

Not sure why Elgin won a TV title shot, he's beyond that belt at this point.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

That results doesn't looks good. Rhino def. C & C :roll:

When I read that TD Thomas def. QT, I was sure that he's gonna win tournament so it was a huge suprise for me when I found that Taven is the winner [cornette]
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Kikuchiyo wrote:I've read elsewhere that the C&C/Rhino thing was that he jumped them from behind not a handicap match.
I hope this is the case and is a way to follow SCUM vs C&C feud.

Apart from that the result looks good, Steen stopping Rhino (I don´t think he attacked SCUM) is interesting and another chapter of his face turn, Taven winning the Top Prospect is also good news i would prefer to see Silas winning but he doesn´t need Truth as much as Taven.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

I had a buddy that went, I'll try and get some detailed spoilers from him.

He did however say that C&C wasn't a handicap match

C&C were wrestling Brian Fury and Nick Westgate?

Match went like 2 minutes and Rhino gored Cedric from behind.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
He's not; the TV Title is a secondary title that actually means something. Elgin is slightly higher than Cole on the card (although below Cole in value and potential), but he's at the level or slightly below the level of the other former champs (Edwards, Daniels, Generico, Lethal, Strong).

It's being done because they need somebody to quickly get the TV title off Adam Cole next month, as he's likely finishing up at the Match TV taping or soon after.
Last edited by Burnside on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Maybe Elgin won the N1C so he can beat Cole in case he's leaving? not that he really needs it, but it'd be fine I guess.

Glad Taven won but the booking is really strange. I mean, Thomas and Young both looked great in the first shows of the year but at least this means Taven will be a part of the roster from now. Btw, Taven vs Young was the Main Event?

Titus vs Edwards? why?

Glad the heels won. It looks like they're doing "you can't beat me" storyline with Elgin and Strong. I'm fine with this.

Overall the tapings sounds okay yet uneventful.
MOOSE!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Very interested in where they go with Martini and Taven, and I'm quite excited to see the match with Cole at the 11th Anniversary Show!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Got updated info from the TV tapings including promo info: http://bit.ly/XzAiiM
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs Brian Fury and Nick Westgate went to no contest.

This match when back and forth for a few minutes, before Rhino and Steve Corino came out. Rhino beat up everyone which led to Corino getting on the mic and telling everyone that they should prepare for Ring of SCUM at the 11th anniversary PPV.
Good to hear it wasn't a handicap match
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Interesting set of results. Like others have said, I suspect Elgin is being positioned in the TV title picture as a cover for Adam Cole if he gets a WWE offer (which he should - he is such a talent)

Shocked and delighted that Taven won the tournament. I've been a big fan of him in my review series and have been calling for ROH to sign him up for some time. I really hope he's added to the permanent roster from now on as he has a lot of potential. I really thought the whole TPT was going to be a vehicle for getting QT Marshall over. Glad to be proven wrong

Nothing mind-blowing in these tapings, but certainly some intriguing stuff coming off a couple of strong house shows
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs Brian Fury and Nick Westgate went to no contest.

This match when back and forth for a few minutes, before Rhino and Steve Corino came out. Rhino beat up everyone which led to Corino getting on the mic and telling everyone that they should prepare for Ring of SCUM at the 11th anniversary PPV.
Good to hear it wasn't a handicap match
It's better. Doesn't exactly make them look good, though.

I would've preferred Truth with Silas, but Taven proved to be decent last year so I'm happy to give him a chance.
Last Real Man Hype
burrhead

Post by burrhead »

Assuming this means that C & C vs.Corino/Rhino at IIth Anniversary,but they really need to put C & C over and strong in my opinion.They rarely go over anyone and when they do it's made to look like a fluke win.Kind of reminds me of Brad Armstrong back in the NWA in the mid-late 80's.Always a good hand and could have good matches with anyone but never really got that big win or major program.

Sadly,it's at the point that when you see C & C you know you're gonna get a good match but they're gonna lose.That's not gonna help them.They've got to be booked stronger and this could be a good start.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

burrhead wrote:Assuming this means that C & C vs.Corino/Rhino at IIth Anniversary,but they really need to put C & C over and strong in my opinion.They rarely go over anyone and when they do it's made to look like a fluke win.Kind of reminds me of Brad Armstrong back in the NWA in the mid-late 80's.Always a good hand and could have good matches with anyone but never really got that big win or major program.

Sadly,it's at the point that when you see C & C you know you're gonna get a good match but they're gonna lose.That's not gonna help them.They've got to be booked stronger and this could be a good start.
They're the TJP of the tag division.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

@schlazmo on twitter is posting pics from the tapings:

K.O.

Post by K.O. »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:Taven winning Top Prospects w/ Martini could be awesome. I kinda hope he wins the TV title.

Actually, it's Elgin winning the #1 contendership for the TV title that makes me think that Taven may indeed go over Cole with Martini's help at the 11YA. That would set up Elgin facing off against Taven with the Truth Martini dynamic in play. It makes a lot of sense, especially with the very real possibility of Cole jumping ship.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

K.O. wrote:
ROHWorld_Harry wrote:Taven winning Top Prospects w/ Martini could be awesome. I kinda hope he wins the TV title.

Actually, it's Elgin winning the #1 contendership for the TV title that makes me think that Taven may indeed go over Cole with Martini's help at the 11YA. That would set up Elgin facing off against Taven with the Truth Martini dynamic in play. It makes a lot of sense, especially with the very real possibility of Cole jumping ship.
Taven going over Elgin, with Truth or not, would be pretty ridiculous.
Last Real Man Hype
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

real enjoyable event,my first tv tapings since SBC took over. ive been a big Taven fan for a while(i see him wrestle locally at least twice a month) so it was awesome(and surprising) to see him win the tourney. i really enjoyed the six man tag. Hardy looked passable. nice cozy atmosphere with a cool crowd.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Heel Taven should be fun

I've enjoyed his heel work in other companies from the matches I've seen. He and Truth will be a good fit
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

How was the attendance?
MOOSE!
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

I should add I'm delighted they're finally making Taven a regular. Either he or Young should have won, and with Martini an HoT rebuilding has finally begun. He still needs a tag team to add to the pool like the old Roddy/Able/Raymond trio. Not like the Guardians anyone trio.

And has anyone else been delighted at the absence of anything Headbangery lately? ^_^