ROH 01/05 TV Tapings Results

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Re: ROH 01/05 TV Tapings Results

Post by MuayThai »

These tapings sound bad. The tournament is going to be won by QT.

Hardy goes over Rhett fail. Rhett bail get out of ROH now call Austin, call Kenny, call Punk, Call Del Rey, Call Claudio and beg beg beg them to get you a tryout some where. And I don't want to hear "It obvious Hardy will put over Cole in the title match" because it's not first the damage has been done by the first match and its look like Matt is sticking around and they very well could put the TV title on him.

On the plus side at least they are done with Steen and Generico for now but the lack of logic used in Steen vs Lethal is laughaboil. I mean Lethal can't get a shot because he's not mad enough so he becomes a killer witch pretty much is just the same old Jay Lethal only they say its different. He gets his shot where Steen spits on his mother and he snaps and starts acting like a heel. He wins SOFT earning a title shot that time and again we have heard "Can used when ever" only he can't use it because of a deal and now Steen just needs to change his mind and let him use it. Why would Steen change his mind what good reason would have have
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

MuayThai wrote:These tapings sound bad. The tournament is going to be won by QT.

Hardy goes over Rhett fail. Rhett bail get out of ROH now call Austin, call Kenny, call Punk, Call Del Rey, Call Claudio and beg beg beg them to get you a tryout some where. And I don't want to hear "It obvious Hardy will put over Cole in the title match" because it's not first the damage has been done by the first match and its look like Matt is sticking around and they very well could put the TV title on him.

On the plus side at least they are done with Steen and Generico for now but the lack of logic used in Steen vs Lethal is laughaboil. I mean Lethal can't get a shot because he's not mad enough so he becomes a killer witch pretty much is just the same old Jay Lethal only they say its different. He gets his shot where Steen spits on his mother and he snaps and starts acting like a heel. He wins SOFT earning a title shot that time and again we have heard "Can used when ever" only he can't use it because of a deal and now Steen just needs to change his mind and let him use it. Why would Steen change his mind what good reason would have have
Let's see how this will look on TV before we bash this. Maybe they will have good explantion or maybe the report didn't understand it right.
MOOSE!
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

well maybe but going off all the information I have read reports here and other sites I highly doubt it and oh lets not forget The Brisces keep there stupid title regin going
KL_

Post by KL_ »

MuayThai wrote:These tapings sound bad. The tournament is going to be won by QT.
Let's have a hope :) Maybe final match will be Tadarius Thomas vs QT Marshall and Truth Martini will help TD to win. After that TD accepts Truth's offer to be his manager and Thomas turns heel.

Well...... no matter what it can be, I wish Tadarius is going to win the tournament, not QT.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

KL_ wrote:
Let's have a hope :) Maybe final match will be Tadarius Thomas vs QT Marshall and Truth Martini will help TD to win. After that TD accepts Truth's offer to be his manager and Thomas turns heel.

Well...... no matter what it can be, I wish Tadarius is going to win the tournament, not QT.
You know what i see when TD wrestles..NOTHING! Because in my mind all i can think is this "Man i wish this was AR Fox, Rich Swan, Riccochet or ACH" Sad thing is ROH had it's shot at those guys before Gabe snatched them..Sadly in a few months we will be saying the same about ACH.

MuayTai you're not as bad of a poster as i thought you were. You just don't have rose tinted glasses like most of this forum does.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Richochet, Swann and mostly Fox sucked before Gabe picked them. They only became better because they went to DG.

And another Rocknetten (or what the fuck was his name) to the forum? if yes, please save this from us and just leave now.
MOOSE!
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

DieHard wrote:Richochet, Swann and mostly Fox sucked before Gabe picked them. They only became better because they went to DG.
Exactly! Because ROH doesn't make talented young guys better anymore, instead they get failed boxers or MMA guys (Or whatever TD's backstory is) who are 31 years of age and don't have any upside.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

DieHard wrote: Appearntly Maria was commentary for the WOH match. Maria vs MisChif feud?
As just noted on Twitter, it was actually Veda Scott doing commentary.
Last edited by bigz38 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
DieHard wrote:Richochet, Swann and mostly Fox sucked before Gabe picked them. They only became better because they went to DG.
Exactly! Because ROH doesn't make talented young guys better anymore, instead they get failed boxers or MMA guys (Or whatever TD's backstory is) who are 31 years of age and don't have any upside.
And what does this has to do with what he said? Swann and Fox were bad spotmonkes that indyriffic was written all over them. Plus I don't think Fox will ever be in any promotion with TV networks behind them because of his past. And aren't you the same one who said "why ROH should sign that aren't great right now" ?
MOOSE!
WrestlingMatters

DieHard wrote:And what does this has to do with what he said? Swann and Fox were bad spotmonkes that indyriffic was written all over them. Plus I don't think Fox will ever be in any promotion with TV networks behind them because of his past.
Yes they were spot monkeys but they were very young (Swann was 20 and Fox was 22 I believe) and very green wrestlers that obviously had great athleticism and were charismatic and Gabe knew all they needed was a place to improve and get better. What happened in his past?
DieHard wrote:And aren't you the same one who said "why ROH should sign that aren't great right now" ?
What I said was there are guys right now that are good that they are not using well (ACH, Adam Page) and they're bringing in and pushing worse guys (TD Thomas, QT Marshall) that aren't necessarily younger or have better futures. Adam Page is 21 and I've been saying he should be signed to a contract and he's definitely a guy that needs to work on things but you can see the potential and enthusiasm in him and he just needs the experience to get better. Thomas and Marshall don't have that potential and sure they'll get better eventually but why build up those guys who will never make it past the midcard instead of a guy like Adam Page who has main event potential.
WrestlingMatters

There's not one thing on these tapings that makes me think "I have to tune in and watch that!" and that's a huge problem. This is FOUR weeks of television and there isn't anything on these tapings where I could say "I couldn't see that on Raw" or "I couldn't see that on Impact" because you could. What happened to ROH being an alternative to the big two? What happened to ROH having matches or moments that you could never see on Monday or Thursday? Where is the company I used to love?
franchise316

Post by franchise316 »

My interest peaked with the hope Generico would win the belt and we could get away from the ECW style title matches but these results don't look to be very interesting heading toward.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

And another Rocknetten (or what the fuck was his name) to the forum? if yes, please save this from us and just leave now.
Been on this forum since almost the begininng pal. Just because i don't have 1000 posts don't make me new. I don't follow the product with rose tinted glasses and praise it's every move. Sadly the product we all love has been on the decline since SBG bought it. Some might even argue before that, but NO matter what you think..We all have a right to our own opinion ;)

And last i checked i'm not out here tryin to pick fights or call anybody names(Except QT Marshall..which was a ton of fun). So calm down NOT everybody agrees it's the way of the internet :lol:
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:

Been on this forum since almost the begininng pal. Just because i don't have 1000 posts don't make me new. I don't follow the product with rose tinted glasses and praise it's every move. Sadly the product we all love has been on the decline since SBG bought it. Some might even argue before that, but NO matter what you think..We all have a right to our own opinion ;)

And last i checked i'm not out here tryin to pick fights or call anybody names(Except QT Marshall..which was a ton of fun). So calm down NOT everybody agrees it's the way of the internet :lol:
I have no problem with your opinion but this "have rose tinted glasses" line gave me memories to the good ol' arguments with Ronnetecker and his head in the sand pictures. Just saying.
MOOSE!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

My issue with Hardy is that he beat Cole and is still around. However, if they're going to go that route of keeping him until they decide Cole goes over, there's a lot worse things they can do than have Rhett Titus of all people lose.
Last Real Man Hype
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

I have no clue who that is Die Hard if you think i'm him under a new name or something you're wrong look under my name see that date? i'm just me even lead in pick ems most of the year..before taking a HUGE shit the final 3 shows LOL. I'm not going to change my opinions though "If i don't like it..I don't like it. that don't mean that i'm hating".

To me this company needs a change in bookers and needs to cut ties with Cornette PERIOD. I'm tired of it's boring basic booking with nothing interesting happening since Steen said "I'm Kevin Steen and Fuck Ring of Honor". These tapings sound like the same boring crap we dealt with for most of last year. As a fan i really hope they improve..if not there are others to follow.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:I have no clue who that is Die Hard if you think i'm him under a new name or something you're wrong look under my name see that date? i'm just me even lead in pick ems most of the year..before taking a HUGE shit the final 3 shows LOL. I'm not going to change my opinions though "If i don't like it..I don't like it. that don't mean that i'm hating".

To me this company needs a change in bookers and needs to cut ties with Cornette PERIOD. I'm tired of it's boring basic booking with nothing interesting happening since Steen said "I'm Kevin Steen and Fuck Ring of Honor". These tapings sound like the same boring crap we dealt with for most of last year. As a fan i really hope they improve..if not there are others to follow.
I didn't said it's you, I said "another". Cornette is not in the company right now based on report I read, now Delirous is in charge, you could feel at the last tapings, GBH and even Final Battle that there's diffrent feeling. Right now I'm just trying to stay postivie due the booking change but if Delirous will be bad I won't.
MOOSE!
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

I wish the Steen / Lethal thing dragged out a bit. I was hoping to see Lethal harass SCUM until Steen snapped. Some ideas would be to make the Steen vs Tadarious Thomas match a non-title and have Lethal cost Steen the match.

Oh well... it is what it is.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

WrestlingMatters wrote:There's not one thing on these tapings that makes me think "I have to tune in and watch that!" and that's a huge problem.
Even Tag Team Gauntlet Match or ROH TV title match ? :)
WrestlingMatters

KL_ wrote:Even Tag Team Gauntlet Match or ROH TV title match ? :)
Nope, absolutely not. I have never ever watched a wrestling show for a gauntlet match and especially not this one. I'm a huge fan of Adam Cole but it's not enough to have good wrestling and not have any meaning behind anything. Why am I supposed to care about any of these wrestlers? Why am I supposed to want to watch the next week? It's just simple boring booking without any compelling storylines and it creates no excitement in the product.