ROH FINAL BATTLE 2012

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
SteenMark23

ROH FINAL BATTLE 2012

Post by SteenMark23 »

Several matches have been revealed. Expect more to be confirmed via ROHWrestling.com but here's what we got from the TV Tapings:

LADDER WAR IV - ROH WORLD TITLE
Kevin Steen vs El Generico

American Wolves vs Kyle O'Reilly/Bobby Fish

Roderick Strong vs Michael Elgin

Jerry Lynn vs ???

World Tag Team Championship
Briscoes vs SCUM vs C&C

Jay Lethal vs Rhino

Adam Cole vs ???

RD Evans vs Prince Nana

The usual ROH iPPV card contains 8-10 matches so if this isn't the final card I expect maybe another match to be announced.

I really feel like this card has the potential to be very, very special. It's been quite awhile since ROH has made us excited and anticipated to this degree for a card. Safe to say with the booking changes and changes within the product ever since that change has been made we have a lot to look forward to from here on out.

Questions:

Who will Jerry Lynn face? Adam Cole would be great but I also think Lance Storm vs Jerry Lynn would be awesome as a special attraction in NYC.

Who will Adam Cole face? If they're still going to pull the trigger with Matt Hardy I wouldn't mind much now since the card is already super stacked, but I think Adam deserves to be in a match that has the potential to steal the show rather than a ex-WWE guy whose simply here to put him over and get a paycheck.

Any other former ROH/outside Indy talents you expect to come in? With Delirious in charge I expect him to make a much better effort at bringing in more talent than Cornette did. Also guys like ACH, TD, and The Bravados don't have matches yet.

I guess this could be the official Final Battle 2012 card so if you want keep all discussion about the huge event in here.
DieHard

Re: ROH FINAL BATTLE 2012

Post by DieHard »

RD Evans vs Prince Nana will be fucking awesome if it'll done right. Wonder what'll be QT Marshall part here and maybe Ciampa since he looks pretty good with his trainning vids on Twitter and I have a feeling that he'll be sooner than people thought.

Card looks awesome, can't wait to Strong vs Elgin, Wolves vs Fish/O'Reilly and of course the Ladder War. They did a great choice for the the Tag Team scena, this match will be great too.

Overall yeah I'm really looking forward to the show.
MOOSE!
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

What a weak card sorry I know people will disagree with me but this card looks awful to me

Generico vs Steen 2 years after they had there big blow off that was going to end there feud for ever. By far the most stale over done over used feud in all of wrestling is Steen vs Generico they have faced each other so many times they can no longer make there matches is better. Also I don't get why in the biggest PPV of the year the guy getting the title shot hasn't worked for the company in months and will make ZERO appearances on TV

The tag title match is 3 teams I don't want to see as champs C and C are ok but I don't feel they are strong enough to be tag champs yet. I always enjoy Jacobs but Corino is long over due to hang up the boots. And than we have the most likely team to win Jay and Mark who will get 8th regin and basilly it will be like all there other regins the same style matches same bad promos. Man ROH is really lacking since ANX had to break up .

American Wolves vs O'Reily and Fish ok this is the on match that looks good but and I admit this is a nite pick but I wish there had been a segment where Eddie and Davey reunite some big moment but the match should be good Davey and Eddie are well Davey and Eddie, Fish is great and will no doubt want to impress on his first big ROH show and Kyle is always able to put on a good show.

Strong vs Elgin again should be good but I think we all know where this will go Truth will come out maybe beg them not to do this and rejoin him only for him to screw over Elgin allowing Strong to pick up the win where he return to the House of Truth.

Adam Cole- Adam is one of the guys I love watching the most in ROH. But him vs Lynn or him vs Hardy has the same problem it Cole facing an very unmotivated star from the Past. Lynn will try but the fire is out and Hardy well there is a good chance he will no show and than post some video on You Tube.

Lethal vs Rhino should be ok but Lethal ha not made a change no matter what they say about him having changed he's the same old Jay Lethal talented but still just the same guy more or less. Rhino hasn't fallen off like a lot of guy from the old ECW I just don't really care about him,

Evans vs Nana- Manger vs Manger matches always suck. I know both men can wrestle but no doubt this will be a comedy heavy thing.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

"Evans vs Nana- Manger vs Manger matches always suck. I know both men can wrestle but no doubt this will be a comedy heavy thing."

Why would you want it to be anything but that?
Last Real Man Hype
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

That just it I don't want it all I would rather it Marshal vs some guy maybe a former Embassy member returning to help Nana
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I will go match by match:

Kevin Steen vs El Generico - Ladder War IV: If they have something similar to their match at Steen Wolf this wil be awesome, i will never complaint about them wrestle each other the same way i never did with Dragon/Nigel because is always an awesome match.

SCUM vs The Briscoes vs C&C Wrestling Factory: Really good booking here, C&C will add a lot to this match, i think we will have new champions here with SCUM go out first.

Roderick Strong vs Michael Elgin: After all the teasing they will finally wrestle each other here, is one of the match that i am looking foward the most here after GBH is a great follow to Elgin to keep his momentum.

RD Evans vs Prince Nana: This will be amazing, RD Evans is a genius doing comedy matches so i will expect a lot of fun here, perfect match to have after intermission. QT Marshall and maybe Adam Page will be involve here i think.

Jay Lethal vs Rhino: This is not a match that i am looking foward to watch but it will be a good one, Rhino is a good worker and this will help to Lethal´s storyline.

Jerry Lynn vs ¿?: Lynn still have some fire inside, he was good at KoT and was the only thing watchable of Extreme Rising shows, i think he will face Bennett. A victory over a former ROH World Champion is a big win for Bennett.

Now the non-announce matches that i think will happen at the show.

American Wolves vs Bobby Fish & Kyle O´Reilly: This is an amazing match i hope they book it, both team are exactly what the tag team division needs and having the Wolves back will be an special moment for sure.

Adam Cole vs Matt Hardy: A victory over a big name is exactly what Adam Cole´s reign needs and Matt Hardy can go his matches against Callihan, Nese and others are a good prove of that.

And then you have TD Thomas and The Bravados without a match i don´t know is they are going to do something with them i hope so maybe have Bravados vs TD Thomas & ¿?.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

What's the deal with Thomas & Bravados? they're not in the signed to apeear list so I don't think they'll be there. We all forget about WGTT vs BJ Express by the way because they are in the list... hope there's some stip, Loser Leavs Town will be great for me :)
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Oh yeah i totally forgot that, i think it will be an NO DQ Match between them, i will be front row i hope Charlie Haas confront me :lol:
burrhead

Post by burrhead »

I'm not sure why anyone doesn't understand why Steen/Generico wouldn't make sense.With the whole storyline of not wanting Steen as champ,who else would be better to end the reign(in theory at least)than Generico?

As for him not being there for however long and getting a title shot?The same reason Sting didn't wrestle for over a year but main evented vs.Hogan at Starrcade.Some times things don't need to be overthought.They just make sense.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Final Battle 2012 is looking like a real strong card.

Steen/Generico. I think if you're tired of those 2 wrestling, you don't have a pulse. WWE/TNA completely ruin storylines by having guys fight almost every week, every other week. At least here, Generico and Steen haven't fought in ROH since March. And in a Ladder War?! I'm already pumped.

SCUM vs C&C vs Briscoes. It'll be a great match, that I have no doubt in. Where it goes, how it ends, who walks out as champions is up in the air. SCUM have had an alright reign, but it's a weak tag team division. I could see C&C getting the belts as a shocking upset over 2 highly touted teams, but eventually they will end up with the Wolves (if they stay together).

Elgin vs. Strong. It's one match we've all been dying to see. We knew it was coming sooner or later, and it's almost here. Both are 2 of my favorite wrestlers around and I can't wait to see it go down. I'll be cheering for both.

Lethal vs. Rhino. Probably the one match that really makes no sense, However, Lethal always puts on good matches and Rhino does well and gives up some excitement along the way. Lethal probably wins, but we'll witness a good gore.

Adam Cole vs.....(Enter name here). Of course, speculation will go everywhere. I don't see him defending against Lynn, as great as a match as that would be. Possible opponents: Matt Hardy, Mike Bennett, Homicide....Davey Richards...Eddie Edwards.....Kyle O'Reilly......it's endless. All signs point to Hardy, and i'd be fine with that.

Jerry Lynn vs....(Anyone). I highly suspect that it'll be Lynn vs Homicide in Lynns final match. Homicide is always at the NYC shows, he hasn't fought for a belt in a long time (not being a full time roster member) so this seems like the perfect situation. If it ends up being anyone else, it could be Mike Bennett. Lynn will already be over with the NYC crowd, but Bennett draws so much heat from the NYC crowd, the match could be 10x better with a super heel involved.

Nana vs. Evans.....I'm in.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

I'm still amazed people are complaining about Generico and Steen.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

Steen and Generico against each other than other two wrestlers any where in the world these days they feud in every company they ever work for. Hell you want to see them in a Ladder Match I'll pop in the PWG DVD where they had one
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

That´s like saying "Hey nothing is going to top Flair vs Steamboat, Why do you care to watch anything?"
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

MuayThai wrote:Steen and Generico against each other than other two wrestlers any where in the world these days they feud in every company they ever work for. Hell you want to see them in a Ladder Match I'll pop in the PWG DVD where they had one
Yeah they're having another Ladder Match, but first of all it's in a different company entirely so some of the ROH fan base has never seen this match before.

Besides, didn't the The Hardys/Edge & Christian have like 4 ladder matches against one another alone? Didn't those two PLUS the Dudleys have three 3 way ladder matches (two of them being TLC) within the span of a year? What counts is that each time, they were able to top themselves. The WrestleMania 2000 match was great, TLC 1 was even better, and TLC II was Match of the Year 2001.

So I fully expect Steen & Generico to try & top themselves this time around (which will be a challenge)...
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

- Speaking of “Final Battle 2012”, you can add Bobby Fish to the list of wrestlers competing at this huge event!

I think this confirm that we will have Wolves vs O´Reilly & Fish
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

According to this dude's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRPEexf9 ... re=g-all-u) review, Cole vs Hardy is offical.
MOOSE!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I'm watching the 11/17/12 TV episode, the tagline is

Final Battle: Doomsday.
MOOSE!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

New match annouced, spoiler from the newest TV Episods
Spoiler: show
WGTT vs BJ Express in NYC Street Fight
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Jay Lethal update regarding his SOTF title shot from the TV Episods:
Spoiler: show
He can´t cash his title shot until Steen is no longer ROH World Heavyweight Champion