November 3rd 2012 TV Tapings

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: November 3rd 2012 TV Tapings

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think what they're going for is (and I'm guessing here...) Generico beating Steen to win the belt and then Lethal pulling a Money in the Bank (but with Survival of the Fittest) on Generico to win.....I hope that doesn't happen...

ROH World Title match: Champion Kevin Steen (who is wearing a pink shirt that says, “I’m a Lady” def Mike Bennett via package piledriver)

Post match Lethal ran out but the referees held him back before anything could happen.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think what they're going for is (and I'm guessing here...) Generico beating Steen to win the belt and then Lethal pulling a Money in the Bank (but with Survival of the Fittest) on Generico to win.....I hope that doesn't happen...

ROH World Title match: Champion Kevin Steen (who is wearing a pink shirt that says, “I’m a Lady” def Mike Bennett via package piledriver
Post match Lethal ran out but the referees held him back before anything could happen.
Nigel to lariat Lethal maybe setting up a Lethal vs Nigel match
franchise316

Post by franchise316 »

I hope Generico gets a lengthy run with the belt.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think what they're going for is (and I'm guessing here...) Generico beating Steen to win the belt and then Lethal pulling a Money in the Bank (but with Survival of the Fittest) on Generico to win.....I hope that doesn't happen...
Ahhhh that would suck but I could see them doing that because Generico's not under contract.

This is just a dream scenario for me but
Spoiler: show
Generico wins the belt. Lethal comes out and starts beating him down, then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SgjGT2c82o
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

franchise316 wrote:I hope Generico gets a lengthy run with the belt.
I disagree. I think if Generico wins the belt it would better to have a Eddie Edwards-esque reign, with a few defenses before losing it 3 or 4 months later. I just don't think Generico is a long singles title run kind of guy, especially since he's being used a ton of other places right now...
franchise316

Post by franchise316 »

I think ROH needs a top babyface run with the belt for awhile. I don't think ROH's had a really over babyface as champ in awhile and it might help spark some interest.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

FInal battle looks really weak a world title match based around "They done this before" and maybe we use a WWE idea of cashing in
franchise316

Post by franchise316 »

Davey Richards def Vinny Marseglia
Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish were out watching

Mike Mondo had an in ring interview where he promised to come back better than ever. Roderick Strong would come out and kick out Mondo’s crutches. Elgin made the save. Strong hit Elgin with a crutch and then ran off.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Street fight: Jay Briscoe d ROH Tag Champ Steve Corino with a suplex onto a guard rail. Mark Briscoe, Jimmy Jacobs, Cedric Alexander, & Caprice Coleman all got involved.
Corino looked to be really hurt.

ROH World Champ Kevin Steen cut a promo in the middle of the ring with an El Generico mask to build up ladder war.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

ROH TV Tapings
Saturday, Nov 3, 2012
Rostraver Ice Gardens
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
Estimated early attendance 500

Dark match:
James Nutter (AKA Jimmy Nutts) def ____ Dean (feel free to let us know if you know)

Main show:

Taping 1

The Briscoes come out and called the roster to ring side. WGTT, Lethal, and SCUM are the only ones who do not come out. Jay says SCUM’s reign of terror ends tonight. Nigel McGuinness is the new matchmaker in ROH. His speech was said to raise the morale with the fans. A good sign.

Final Battle ROH World Title: Ladder War with Steen vs Generico
ROH Tag Title: SCUM vs Coleman/Alexander vs Briscoes

MsChif def Allysin Kay

Roderick Strong def Tadarius Thomas via orange crush
Truth Martini was out but Strong told him off after the match.

Nigel McGuinness announces that Jerry Lynn will wrestle at Final Battle and introduces a new TV title belt.

ROH World TV Championship
Adam Cole def Kyle O’Reilly with the Florida Key
Nigel gives Cole the new TV Title belt which was said to be more gold with a red ‘World’ word on it while they got rid of a lot of the blue. Davey Richards was out to watch.

Taping 2

Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman def WGTT (Haas and Benjamin) after Haas and BJ Whitmer started brawling at ringside.
Whitmer and Titus were doing commentary at ringside.

Bobby Fish def Ryan McBride with a knockout kick
Fish says he owes a lot to Eddie Edwards for preparing him for tonight.

Davey Richards calls out Kyle O’Reilly. Richards flips out on him but says he misses his best friend. O’Reilly pretends to make up but then attacks. Referees come out to break them up Bobby Fish runs out and kicks Richards, and aligns himself with O’Reilly.

ROH World Tag Team Championship
S.C.U.M. (Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs) def Rhett Titus & BJ Whitmer to retain after some help from WGTT
Post match WGTT attack Titus

Taping 3

The Briscoes def The Headbangers via a small package by Jay.
Apparently the Headbangers looked decent in this, despite the abrupt finish.

QT Marshall w/ RD Evans def Adam Page
Marshall’s nose was busted from a stray kick early on. Prince Nana would come out and attack RD Evans after the match.

Nigel McGuinness books RD Evans vs Prince Nana at Final Battle

Michael Elgin comes out and tells Truth Martini that he’s going to face Roderick Strong at Final Battle and chases Martini away.

Michael Elgin def Davey Richards with the Elgin Bomb

Taping 4

Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly def The Bravados

Jay Lethal def Chris Silvio
Lethal promises to wrestle Rhino at Final Battle but also promises to wrestle the ROH World Champion at FB and that Nigel can’t do anything about it.

ROH World Title match: Champion Kevin Steen (who is wearing a pink shirt that says, “I’m a Lady” def Mike Bennett via package piledriver

Taping 5

Mike Mondo had an in ring interview where he promised to come back better than ever. Roderick Strong would come out and kick out Mondo’s crutches. Elgin made the save. Strong hit Elgin with a crutch and then ran off.

Street fight: Jay Briscoe d ROH Tag Champ Steve Corino with a suplex onto a guard rail. Mark Briscoe, Jimmy Jacobs, Cedric Alexander, & Caprice Coleman all got involved.

ROH World Champ Kevin Steen cut a promo in the middle of the ring with an El Generico mask to build up ladder war.

Final Battle 2012 Matches set
RD Evans vs Prince Nana
Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

So after a great Glory By Honor and a great tv taping, it looks like ROH is back to normal. I'm in! I like Jim Cornette, but his style of booking was turning the ROH fanbase off. ROH Best in the World in NYC only drew 1200. Final Battle could sell out with the matches booked so far including what should be an epic ladder war.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

The taping looks great, happy with the direction of everything.

Looks like we'll get O'Reilly vs. Davey @ Final Battle as well...I like the Fish affiliation too.

The whole Jay Lethal thing is intriguing as well, my guess would be Lethal vs. Jerry Lynn for FB.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Any word about attendance? (ok just saw it on the link, 500 is ok but not good for TV because the venue is pretty big and last time they draw 500 and still had lots of open seats)

Some of the things sounds pretty great. The card for Final Battle looks really good. The only thing that annoyins me TBH isn't Briscoes killing The Headbangers. Just... please.
Last edited by DieHard on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

I'm excited about Ring of Honor again. Gonna start watching the TV show regularly now as well. Can't wait for this PPV.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I'm a big fan of SCUM's reign and SCUM in general but ROH needs to give the belt to C&C.
MOOSE!
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

DieHard wrote:Any word about attendance? (ok just saw it on the link, 500 is ok but not good for TV because the venue is pretty big and last time they draw 500 and still had lots of open seats)

Some of the things sounds pretty great. The card for Final Battle looks really good. The only thing that annoyins me TBH isn't Briscoes killing The Headbangers. Just... please.
I'm going to guess that there were more than 500 there. I'd say closer to 700 or 800. That's just an estimate though.

The tapings were rather long. They went from 7:00 to about 11:30 with maybe a 10 minute intermission? A lot of people left before the last set of tapings.
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

BalzOfHonor wrote:The taping looks great, happy with the direction of everything.

Looks like we'll get O'Reilly vs. Davey @ Final Battle as well...I like the Fish affiliation too.

The whole Jay Lethal thing is intriguing as well, my guess would be Lethal vs. Jerry Lynn for FB.
Jay Lethal announced that he is facing Rhyno and then complained about it, promising that he will face the champion whether it be Steen or Generico.

They made it pretty obvious that it will be O'Reilly and Fish vs The American Wolves. In Davey's second match, he screamed "American Wolves!" before delivering a running move to the turnbuckle. O'Reilly and Fish look good together.
MuayThai
Banned
Banned

Post by MuayThai »

This taping sounds like Jim Cornett is still booking with full control tired lame and lazy booking why is everyone going so nuts?
fudge

Post by fudge »

terrific show tonight. toss up between cole/oreily and richards/elgin as motn. the main event street fight as insane too. easily more people at tonights show than the one back in june, which was said to have about 500. id put this one at around 600, but there were some walkouts before the show officially ended
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

I just got back from the tapings as well. EcwHardCore07 already gave an excellent, detailed report so I figured I'd add a few things. My additions will be in red text.
EcwHardCore07 wrote:ROH TV Tapings
Saturday, Nov 3, 2012
Rostraver Ice Gardens
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
Estimated early attendance 500

Dark match:
James Nutter (AKA Jimmy Nutts) def ____ Dean (feel free to let us know if you know)

Main show:

Taping 1

The Briscoes come out and called the roster to ring side. WGTT, Lethal, and SCUM are the only ones who do not come out. Jay says SCUM’s reign of terror ends tonight. Nigel McGuinness is the new matchmaker in ROH. His speech was said to raise the morale with the fans. A good sign.

MsChif def Allysin Kay

Roderick Strong def Tadarius Thomas via orange crush
Truth Martini was out but Strong told him off after the match.

Nigel McGuinness announces that Jerry Lynn will wrestle at Final Battle and introduces a new TV title belt.

ROH World TV Championship
Adam Cole def Kyle O’Reilly with the Florida Key
Nigel gives Cole the new TV Title belt which was said to be more gold with a red ‘World’ word on it while they got rid of a lot of the blue. Davey Richards was out to watch.

Taping 2

Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman def WGTT (Haas and Benjamin) after Haas and BJ Whitmer started brawling at ringside.
Whitmer and Titus were doing commentary at ringside.

Bobby Fish def Ryan McBride with a knockout kick
Fish says he owes a lot to Eddie Edwards for preparing him for tonight.
He also said that he heard a lot from Edwards about O'Reilly and Richards, and that he had a special interest with them.

Davey Richards calls out Kyle O’Reilly. Richards flips out on him but says he misses his best friend. O’Reilly pretends to make up but then attacks. O'Reilly hit a sweep, but Richards eventually reversed into an Ankle Lock. Referees come out to break them up Bobby Fish runs out and kicks Richards, and aligns himself with O’Reilly. Fish put Richards in the Crossface.

ROH World Tag Team Championship
S.C.U.M. (Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs) def Rhett Titus & BJ Whitmer to retain after some help from WGTT
Post match WGTT attack Titus.

Taping 3

The Briscoes def The Headbangers via a small package by Jay.
Apparently the Headbangers looked decent in this, despite the abrupt finish.

QT Marshall w/ RD Evans def Adam Page
Marshall’s nose was busted from a stray kick early on. Prince Nana would come out and attack RD Evans after the match. Prince Nana literally ripped Evan's clothes off. Evans was actually pretty entertaining, and Nigel took several shots at both him and Marshall. Nigel told Evans to "Keep his pants on" and that he wouldn't be talked down to by somebody with the genitals of a 4 year old. He also referred to QT Marshall as "QT" in he tone of "cutie."

Nigel McGuinness books RD Evans vs Prince Nana at Final Battle

Michael Elgin comes out and tells Truth Martini that he’s going to face Roderick Strong at Final Battle and chases Martini away.

Michael Elgin def Davey Richards with the Elgin Bomb

Taping 4

Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly def The Bravados

Jay Lethal def Chris Silvio
Lethal promises to wrestle Rhino at Final Battle but also promises to wrestle the ROH World Champion at FB and that Nigel can’t do anything about it.
Lethal botched a springboard elbow or the Lethal Injection, but it could have been due to loose ropes. He improvised he finish with the same cradle DDT move that he used to defeat Homicide.

Maria was not there, resulting in a "Where's Maria" chant.

Taping 5

During the match, Richards screamed "American Wolves!" before nailing a running move to the corner.

Mike Mondo had an in ring interview where he promised to come back better than ever. Roderick Strong would come out and kick out Mondo’s crutches. Elgin made the save. Strong hit Elgin with a crutch and then ran off. Martini was involved, which distracted Elgin allowing Strong to hit him. Both Elgin and Strong claim to be done with the House of Truth.

Final Battle 2012 Matches set
RD Evans vs Prince Nana
Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong
Jay Lethal vs Rhyno
VERY LIKELY: The American Wolves vs Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish
Jerry Lynn vs ????