November 3rd 2012 TV Tapings

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Re: November 3rd 2012 TV Tapings

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Adam Cole vs Jerry Lynn would be awesome. Doesn't even have to be for the tv title.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

MOOSE!
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

I'm actually looking forward to an ROH PPV for the first time in a long time.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
DieHard wrote:.......... And Adam Cole.
is there any chance, Lizzard Man has just scrapped the Cole/Hardy angle, and we'll see Lynn vs Cole? That would be a little dream match for me. If not, then please not against Bennett, that's the only option I really don't want to see- Lynn still is a great worker, he should be facing someone who can hang with him in the ring. Lethal or cole would be perfect IMO
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Forget about Hardy. If Cole doesn't face Lynn who will he face?
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
DieHard wrote:.......... And Adam Cole.
is there any chance, Lizzard Man has just scrapped the Cole/Hardy angle, and we'll see Lynn vs Cole? That would be a little dream match for me. If not, then please not against Bennett, that's the only option I really don't want to see- Lynn still is a great worker, he should be facing someone who can hang with him in the ring. Lethal or cole would be perfect IMO
Bennett isn't Davey or Eddie, but he can hang with Lynn in the ring. He proved that with his matches with Storm and already being in the ring with Lynn at KOT.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I have no problem with Lynn vs Bennett but I have no special interst in this too. Lethal vs Lynn sounds great to me, the match with Rhino is pointless IMO, Rhino just lost to Thomas and Elgin, it won't make Lethal looks stronger.
MOOSE!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Pretty much no match but going over Steen is gonna make Lethal look stronger at this point.
Last Real Man Hype
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

Steve Corino injury during last night tapings
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri ... 6BXgrnRU-M
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Looked like Corino's arm got trapped under Jay's body weight and the guardrail. Let's hope it was only painful and not an actual injury.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

That looked nasty, this is a good read talking about the tapings:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/2 ... t-of-honor

Also:

BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Corino should not be taking that kind've bump for a TV match. At least save it for an iPPV.
Lexicon

Post by Lexicon »

I think we're getting Lynn vs Cole for the TV title. Lynn returning to the Hammerstein, challenging for the TV Title like he used to do with RVD sounds great. As for Hardy, look for Bennett & Maria vs Hardy & Reby Sky.
Host of The Ringside Report. Lex and Lee discuss Ring of Honor LIVE every Friday night @ 9pm EST on TWRNetwork.com
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Lexicon wrote:I think we're getting Lynn vs Cole for the TV title. Lynn returning to the Hammerstein, challenging for the TV Title like he used to do with RVD sounds great. As for Hardy, look for Bennett & Maria vs Hardy & Reby Sky.
Problem with that is Hardy was heel at Caged Hostility so I don't think a heels versus heels tag team match would work.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BTW10 wrote:
Lexicon wrote:I think we're getting Lynn vs Cole for the TV title. Lynn returning to the Hammerstein, challenging for the TV Title like he used to do with RVD sounds great. As for Hardy, look for Bennett & Maria vs Hardy & Reby Sky.
Problem with that is Hardy was heel at Caged Hostility so I don't think a heels versus heels tag team match would work.
People would side with Bennett against hardy. Hell, people would side with Satan in a match against Hardy.

If we had to watch Steen vs Bennett, then we absolutely can get Corino vs. Jay to offset it. :D Besides, the only way Corino will have a singles ME at this stage in his career would be at a TV taping. I think it'll come off better than the Briscoe/Haas Texas Deathmatch did. Also hope Corino isn't injured too badly.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

I saw Hardy vs. Steen earlier this year, and while i'll never be a big fan of either Hardy, Matt did really well in this match. He's still in decent shape, can still put on very good matches. So I'm thinking they will do Cole vs. Hardy for the TV title, and I could see Lynn up against 1 of 3 people. Mike Bennett, Homicide or even Tommy Dreamer if they can swing it. Homicide is always at the ROH shows in NYC, so I wouldn't be surprised if they keep this a secret til the day of. It looks like we're getting an American Wolves reunion so I don't see Edwards or Richards vs Lynn (either would be awesome though).
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Ladrao12 wrote:I saw Hardy vs. Steen earlier this year, and while i'll never be a big fan of either Hardy, Matt did really well in this match. He's still in decent shape, can still put on very good matches. So I'm thinking they will do Cole vs. Hardy for the TV title, and I could see Lynn up against 1 of 3 people. Mike Bennett, Homicide or even Tommy Dreamer if they can swing it. Homicide is always at the ROH shows in NYC, so I wouldn't be surprised if they keep this a secret til the day of. It looks like we're getting an American Wolves reunion so I don't see Edwards or Richards vs Lynn (either would be awesome though).
I heard good stuff about his match with Tony Nese too. Who knows, maybe it's not that bad 8-)
MOOSE!
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Yeah, he can still put on decent matches. I think the bad rap comes from him being a dick, which I totally understand.
watadam20

Post by watadam20 »

Maybe we're jumping the gun on the Wolves reunion. With Lynn open for a match I could see them going with Lynn vs. Eddie and Davey vs. O'Reilly (w/ Fish). After the match O'Reilly and Fish jump Richards, Eddie makes a save, they tease a fight but end up shaking hands (or whatever) and reuniting. Then we get The Wolves vs. O'Reilly/Fish at the Anniversary Show.

Either way this looks like a great show. People may complain about it being Generico vs. Steen again but every match they have is awesome and if this Ladder War is as good as their ladder match in PWG then it will be worth the price of Final Battle alone. Can't wait.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

watadam20 wrote:People may complain about it being Generico vs. Steen again
How can someone complain about it :?:

What you said there about American Wolves makes sense and Edwards/Lynn sounds like an awesome match that i'd love to see. I wouldn't have any problem with this, O'Reilly vs Richards will be great match for sure.
MOOSE!