Matches for DBD

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DieHard

Matches for DBD

Post by DieHard »

ROH World Championship Title:
Rhino vs Kevin Steen

ROH TV Championship Title:
Adam Cole vs Mike Mondo (and maybe vs Mike Bennett)

what's gonna be the rest? i think they will add Lethal vs Homicide because Lethal wants to show he's a tough dude and Homicide is perfect here. Sadly, GOT vs USCM.
MOOSE!
syxxpakk

Re: Matches for DBD

Post by syxxpakk »

For the first time ever, I could care less. Not sure what to make of that, honestly. Also, it can't be SCUM vs. GOT because SCUM has to be in the tag finals, otherwise they're fired.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

syxxpakk wrote:For the first time ever, I could care less. Not sure what to make of that, honestly. Also, it can't be SCUM vs. GOT because SCUM has to be in the tag finals, otherwise they're fired.
Ahhh i don't understand this thing. It's SCUM, Briscoes, Haas and Titus and C&C, right? when are they gonna wrestle for the next time? i think someone said it's gonna be in the tapings or something..
MOOSE!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

DieHard wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:For the first time ever, I could care less. Not sure what to make of that, honestly. Also, it can't be SCUM vs. GOT because SCUM has to be in the tag finals, otherwise they're fired.
Ahhh i don't understand this thing. It's SCUM, Briscoes, Haas and Titus and C&C, right? when are they gonna wrestle for the next time? i think someone said it's gonna be in the tapings or something..
They said the first round matches would occur here. We can only assume where the semis and finals will take place.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

Finals and semis are DBD. I guess Briscoes and SCUM or Briscoes and Rhett and Titus in the finals.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

SCUM are surely going to win. That stipulation kinda spoils the tourney
KL_

Post by KL_ »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:SCUM are surely going to win. That stipulation kinda spoils the tourney
Maybe they'll be screwed by Cornette in a final match and because of this unclear lose, they won't accept being fired and they will fight they're ways to return to ROH ;)
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

sounds like a skippable iPPV already, I couldn't care less about Steen vs Rhino that match is just pathetic and should never main event a show much less an iPPV.
the tournament is now totally spoiled, due to the stupid WWE win or be fired storyline. I guess every fan knows this means all the titles for SCUM, which isn't a bad thing, but it just totally kills the tournament for me.
I just hope Davey and O'Reilly will be there, that might be the only reason for me to watch this show. Really sad times, when a staple show like Death before Dishonor becomes a redundant show full of throwaway TV matches.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think Rhino is a good defense for Steen, now he is not the dominant man in the match, let see if he change his way of wrestling instead of do another brawl.

I think SCUM vs Briscoes is a possible final but with their match in Boilling Point is very unlikely so i think is a good chance to keep pushing C&C Wrestling Factory, i don´t mind to see SCUM wins the titles, that means more matches and roles for them wich is something that everybody where asking for.

After the ending of the TV Title maybe we can have Elgin vs Strong here.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

So, after managing to not read taping spoilers through most of the run on Sinclair I caved and clicked on these, and wow.. Rhino vs. Steen? Talk about a letdown.. should be a decent match and I guess I'll see how they manage to build it on TV but I foresee zero heat for this one. I'll still order online as ROH ppv's are cheap, but I was contemplating making the 6 hour road trip to Chicago for this one and I'm leaning towards no at this point.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

BigTChamp wrote:So, after managing to not read taping spoilers through most of the run on Sinclair I caved and clicked on these, and wow.. Rhino vs. Steen? Talk about a letdown.. should be a decent match and I guess I'll see how they manage to build it on TV but I foresee zero heat for this one. I'll still order online as ROH ppv's are cheap, but I was contemplating making the 6 hour road trip to Chicago for this one and I'm leaning towards no at this point.
has the potential to be the worst card they've ever done for an iPPV/PPP, driving 6 hours for that show seems like a waste of time, unless they add a major match to the card.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Maybe Jacobs and Corino will lose since they aren't really under contract. I just read about it in another thread.
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

Yeah I dont think Corino or Jacobs are under contract and I don't think ROH will give the belts to uncontracted wrestlers twice in a row.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

This is part of the reason they shouldn't be doing iPPV's every month, they're pretty much out of ready made money matches and they don't have enough time to build up new matches to where they seem like a big deal.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

ColourMeCurious wrote:Yeah I dont think Corino or Jacobs are under contract and I don't think ROH will give the belts to uncontracted wrestlers twice in a row.
I hope that's not the case, they can not afford to lose Corino or Jacobs as active wrestlers with how thin the roster is currently :?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BigTChamp wrote:This is part of the reason they shouldn't be doing iPPV's every month, they're pretty much out of ready made money matches and they don't have enough time to build up new matches to where they seem like a big deal.
Sure, because if I really want to see, say Steen vs. Kingston or the finals of the upcoming tag tournament, and live four states away and can't make a card, I would much rather wait a month or two for the DVD to come out than have the option of seeing it live on ippv. Who would?
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

ACH vs Lethal?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:ACH vs Lethal?
Elgin vs ACH sounds better to me.

--

Mondo vs Cole could be a really good match after i saw Mondo in his last matches but i still don't wants him as a champion for now.
MOOSE!
taxidriver77

Post by taxidriver77 »

ACH vs TJP in RoH at DBD or, if not, ASAP.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

taxidriver77 wrote:ACH vs TJP in RoH at DBD or, if not, ASAP.
Amen