Matches for DBD

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
jackalope3

Re: Matches for DBD

Post by jackalope3 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
ColourMeCurious wrote:Yeah I dont think Corino or Jacobs are under contract and I don't think ROH will give the belts to uncontracted wrestlers twice in a row.
I hope that's not the case, they can not afford to lose Corino or Jacobs as active wrestlers with how thin the roster is currently :?
I just finished listening to one of Corino's recent podcasts with Rob Dimension. He was telling Rob about the tv tapings and confirmed that he and Jacobs are not under contract. He said that he didn't think ROH would dare put the belts on non-contracted guys after the Kenny King situation. He seemed genuinely concerned that he and Jacobs would be done after the IPPV. He actually said something like "we're f...ed."

I hope this is not the case. I still enjoy both guys.
taxidriver77

Post by taxidriver77 »

I've heard him say similar things in previous interviews. He's hardly going to admit that they're both under contract as it would make the result of the tournament obvious. Doesn't Steve work backstage anyway? I have vague memories of the wrestlers in the TJP backstage at RoH TV tapings referring to the Gorilla position as the Corino position.
jackalope3

Post by jackalope3 »

taxidriver77 wrote:I've heard him say similar things in previous interviews. He's hardly going to admit that they're both under contract as it would make the result of the tournament obvious. Doesn't Steve work backstage anyway? I have vague memories of the wrestlers in the TJP backstage at RoH TV tapings referring to the Gorilla position as the Corino position.

What you're saying makes sense and I hope you are right. I just know that he normally gets very personal on his podcasts and seemed sincere. I'd hate to think he was using the podcast to work the fans. But I guess you should always assume everything is a work.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

taxidriver77 wrote:I've heard him say similar things in previous interviews. He's hardly going to admit that they're both under contract as it would make the result of the tournament obvious. Doesn't Steve work backstage anyway? I have vague memories of the wrestlers in the TJP backstage at RoH TV tapings referring to the Gorilla position as the Corino position.
I think Corino was a producer for TV for the period where he stopped wrestling in ROH I believe

2:24 they call it the Corino Position
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

The card for the iPPV is almost done, What do you think about the show now?

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH World Champion Kevin Steen defends against "The Man Beast" Rhino

ROH World Tag Team Champions Tournament Final

The American Wolf Davey Richards Returns to ROH

ROH World TV Championship Match
ROH World TV Champion Adam Cole vs "No Fear" Mike Mondo

Special Challenge
ACH makes his ROH Debut vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Tadarius Thomas vs. Silas Young

ROH World Tag Team Champions Tournament Semfinals

Strong & Elgin vs ¿?

ROH Stars Signed to Appear:
-Homicide
-Jay Lethal
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

The card is good but nothing looks must-see like it should looks like.. the best matches here are Mondo vs Cole and O'Reilly vs ACH.
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

The match that i am looking foward the most is Silas Young vs TD Thomas, i hope this is the match were Young earns a contract. I think the card is good you have something for everyone taste here.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

187_Joeism wrote:The match that i am looking foward the most is Silas Young vs TD Thomas, i hope this is the match were Young earns a contract. I think the card is good you have something for everyone taste here.
Yeah both are good but they are a really different wrestlers with a different style so i don't know to what to expect here.
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think Silas will be a good test to see TD selling, it will be a good match for sure, with the show being in Chicago i hope they let Silas wrestle as a heel like he does in AAW.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Honestly other than Steen vs Rhyno the card looks solid.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I agree with a worthy main event this show would be really good
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

DBD is stacked even with a meh main event. You get new tag team champions, the return of Richards, Cole/Mondo, and a solid undercard. Anybody not buying it solely because of the main event should reconsider because the rest of the show looks very good.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Even if you don´t like the ME i don´t think they will have a terrible match by any means.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I'm sure they'll deliver but if you don't follow other indies then you don't know who Silas Young, ACH, Tadarius Thomas or Irish Airborne are. I'm glad they're bringing in some fresh talent but it might be too many new guys at once on a show that's supposed to have big time matchups. In addition, the big "name" draws outside the championship bouts - the Davey Richards return and Homicide vs. Lethal - haven't been hyped on television at all. I'll be ordering and I expect a fun show but I don't expect a good buyrate for this one.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They always used to bring outside talent for the big shows wich is what they are doing here. I think the lineup is the best they have done this year except for Border Wars.
jrcart0331

Post by jrcart0331 »

This PPV was quite good! I don't know if I would call it great, but it was defiantly a step in the right direction. The feed, at times, was sloppy, putting a damper on a well booked, athletically performed event. I was unsure about the main event, however, found myself pleased with the Steen V Rhino match. For being two of the largest, they definatly put on a well performed main event calibur match. I, for one, was pleasantly surprised. As for the rest of the card, Homicide V Lethal was done very well, in keeping with the "Lethal can't win the big one" theme. The ending where he had to continue to decimate Homicide for the win was a quite decently performed spot. The tag title torny was, to put it lightly, predictable. Though my feed did not come in early enough to catch the semi finals with SCUM vs C&C. The Hass/Titus situation was predictable, the Briscoes losing was sad, considering their history and ability, they instantly boost the value of the Tag Titles. Though lets not forget, Corino is a former ECW world champion, among others, and has all the ability in the world, when he wants to. Jacobs is also an excellent performer, and one heck of an antagonist. Now a 5X ROH tag champion. This is Corino's first title in ROH, even though he has been there on and off for a long time. They have the ability to have great matches and push the tag titles. I also did not see Thomas Vs Young, was disappointed to miss that one. The stand out matches, in my mind, were the HOT match, building the end of the HOT, and ACH showing why he deserves to be in Ring of Honor. He put on an amazing performance, and should be offered a contract. It would make sense to hire a guy like ACH after they recently let go of TJP and could use someone to fill his spot. Watching Elgin, finally, power-bomb Roderick Strong was quite a great ending for the show. All in all if I have to put a number on this show I suppose I would give it a 7.8, should have been an eight if they can just fix their tech issues!