Baltimore TV Taping (8/03/12)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Colt45

Re: Baltimore TV Taping (8/03/12)

Post by Colt45 »

Rhino isn't that bad an opponent. There's been worse; a lot worse. Anyone recall Nigel vs Ruckus?

I think Steen is just in the midst of being booked long term. As long as he keeps getting a good reaction, he's going to stay champ. If they want to keep Steen fresh ROH will need to come up with new opponents, and Rhino is a bump along the road. Think about it, he's a name for Steen, and he's a good wrestler. They're not going to have a bad match. Why not set up a well known veteren wrestler who can still wrestle for a main event shot? It's a freakin ROH tradition for the company's sake! Lynn, Storm, Gibson, etc. All were 'washups' who ended up having great title matches.

My problem isn't so much with Rhino, but with the booking. If this is another hardcore match I feel Steen will burn himself out with the spots. While I liked Steen/Kingston- I didn't see much that set it apart from his last match with Davey, Jacobs, or Corino. Overkill Steen Overkill is more like it :mrgreen:

So I guess my point is these sorts of matches have to happen. It's easy booking and effective. Rhino is a name and can have a good match. Not to mention the GORE has been put over like a WOMD. Now they have a spot filled and can work on booking their next marquee match or find a new prospect for the title hunt.