Baltimore TV Taping (8/03/12)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Baltimore TV Taping (8/03/12)

Post by cgstong »

PWP will have LIVE results coming in via email. I will post them here but feel free to follow on the site as well: http://bit.ly/MVklmw

Show underway with Kevin Kelly and Nigel McGuinness. Return date of 9/22.

Dark Match: Alabama Attitude def Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with a slice bread #2 into back stabber, leg drop combo

Ep 1

Sara Del Rey def Mia Yim after an Axe Kick. Maria and Mike Bennett on the attack after. Eddie Edwards makes the save

Truth Martini calls out Jim Cornette. Says that the House of Truth should take out Steen, Jacobs, and Corino. Eddie Edwards out mid-promo. Eddie says he should be #1 contender.

Anything Goes Match (Winner faces world champ at DBDX): Rhino def Eddie Edwards via ref stoppage after a Gore thru a table. So Rhino vs. Steen for the World Title in Chicago on 9/15

ROH World Championship Match
Kevin Steen def Homicide after a low blow behind the refs back and then an F5. Rhino out post match to pose
Corino on commentary, Jacobs at ringside

Episode #2

Tag Title Tournament rd 1: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander def The Young Bucks after a 2nd rope Huracanrana/Frog Splash combo

Charlie Haas out for promo. He calls out Jim Cornette and says that he and Shelton should be the tag champs. Rhett Titus out mid-promo

Charlie and Rhett enter tournament as partners. They say when they win, they will fight each other for the belts

Grudge Match
QT Marshall def Tadarius Thomas after an Alabama Slam

Six man mayhem up now. Winner gets TV Title shot at DBDX: Mike Bennett vs. TJ Perkins vs. Tomasso Ciampa vs. Roderick Strong vs. Mike Mondo vs. Jay Lethal

Mike Mondo wins after a Double Arm DDT on Bennett. So TV Champ vs. Mondo on 9/15 for the belt

They are hyping the 9/22 TV Taping as the "biggest wrestling event in Baltimore history"

Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs def Bravado Brothers
Jacobs and Corino said that Cornette made them put up their ROH contracts if they were to compete. So if they lose any match in this tournament, they will leave ROH.
Guardians of Truth attack post match. Steen makes the save. Rhino then comes out and hits the Gore on Steen.

Matt Taven vs. Jay Lethal
Lethal cuts a promo where he says he talked to Cornette about getting a world title shot. Cornette's response was that he didn't have a "killer instinct". Jay then low blows Taven at the start of that match. He then hits the Lethal Injection on the ref.(Wasn't Turner or Sinclair)

Tag Title Tournament rd 1: Rhett Titus and Charlie Haas def Guardians of Truth after Titus gets a roll-up on one of the Guardians of Truth. Corino and Jacobs attack the Guardians post-match

Episode #4

ROH World Tag Team Title Tournament rd 1: The Briscoes def Jeez & Ruckus, BLK OUT after Frog Elbow Drop on Ruckus

Mike Sydal def Mike Bennett via countout after Mike Mondo came to ringside and kissed Maria (lucky guy) and Mike Bennett chased him to the back

Tomasso Ciampa def Mike Posey
RD Evans was on commentary. He was attacked by Prince Nana and Ciampa made the save.

ROH World TV Championship
Adam Cole vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin ends as a no contest when Sinclair gets hit by Cole when being powerbombed. Guardians of Truth who were at ringside, get attacked by Steen, Corino and Jacobs. Rhino then attacks Steen
Last edited by cgstong on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 33 times in total.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Re: Baltimore TV Taping (8/03/12)

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I hope any ROHCast fans in attendance will take a Toot Toot! sign for Mr.Haas :lol:
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:I hope any ROHCast fans in attendance will take a Toot Toot! sign for Mr.Haas :lol:

Well if he has to steal a line, at least he stole it from one of the best in the business.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

You are gonna edit and give us update everytime PWP are gonna post anything new?
MOOSE!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

DieHard wrote:You are gonna edit and give us update everytime PWP are gonna post anything new?
I will definitely try to. I am getting the emails directly and posting them to the site. I am on the west coast though so I may be in & out but I will do my best to repost it here.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I heard SDR said to some peoples at Chikara show that she didn't signed yet. If not it's really a stupid move and will be big fail just like the Kenny King mentions..
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

DieHard wrote:I heard SDR said to some peoples at Chikara show that she didn't signed yet. If not it's really a stupid move and will be big fail just like the Kenny King mentions..
Wait what are you talking about? She's probably in the process of signing. It took Hero like 4 months, remember?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

fm20000 wrote:
DieHard wrote:I heard SDR said to some peoples at Chikara show that she didn't signed yet. If not it's really a stupid move and will be big fail just like the Kenny King mentions..
Wait what are you talking about? She's probably in the process of signing. It took Hero like 4 months, remember?
Eh i think so, but the news said she ALREADY signed..
MOOSE!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Edwards vs Rhino again? i hope Rhino wins lol
MOOSE!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

DieHard wrote:
fm20000 wrote:
Eh i think so, but the news said she ALREADY signed..
She probably signed a contract or plans to but is waiting for her medical to clear.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Steen vs Rhino main eventing a PPV?

Really?

Eddie vs Steen with an actual main event spot would be so F'N good...
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Not the best choice of course (and really weird to be honest), but this an intresting match because this two have a totally diffrent style..

BTW

The iPPV is gonna be where the first tapings were? if yes it's awesome
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

They are just wasting Eddie so much right now. Why is he jobbing to Rhino in 2012? And why is RHINO main eventing a PPV in the year 2012?

Just let that sink in for a second. Rhino...is main eventing a Ring Of Honor PPV... in 2012. Did that even seem possible as far back as last year?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

fm20000 wrote:They are just wasting Eddie so much right now. Why is he jobbing to Rhino in 2012? And why is RHINO main eventing a PPV in the year 2012?

Just let that sink in for a second. Rhino...is main eventing a Ring Of Honor PPV... in 2012. Did that even seem possible as far back as last year?
You are talking with a Rhino's mark but in my opinion he's still great. I'm pretty sick of Edwards in the main event, but yeah he lost too much since Final Battle. I don't know why, maybe a future storyline or something. I didn't want Edwards vs Steen again because they just had a match on TV. Like i said Rhino isn't the best choice for PPV like you said but i'm not against this idea..
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Tag Title Tournament rd 1: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander def The Young Bucks after a 2nd rope Huracanrana/Frog Splash combo
Alright. I tap. I can't with this company anymore. I give up on the current direction. There is literally not one thing I like about what's going on right now. It sucks after all the time and money I put into watching this company but I just don't agree with any of the booking and they have made me just not care about the product at all. I'll still read up on what's going on but that's it.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

fm20000 wrote:
Alright. I tap. I can't with this company anymore. I give up on the current direction. There is literally not one thing I like about what's going on right now. It sucks after all the time and money I put into watching this company but I just don't agree with any of the booking and they have made me just not care about the product at all. I'll still read up on what's going on but that's it.
I wanted The Bucks to win too, but come on, you can understand them here. Sadly YB don't want to sign a contract..

I hope they're not going to do something like Titus vs Haas with no partners :lol:

LOLOLOLO they actually did the idea with Rhett and Haas as tag team.
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

DieHard wrote: LOLOLOLO they actually did the idea with Rhett and Haas as tag team.
Exactly.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Ciampa has new scary music.RD Evans has a new snazzy suit.Crazy beard and attitude remain #WatchROH
I just thought about RD Evans as the new PB of ROH and i lmao :lol:
The match looks good, Mondo's gonna this i guess.
MOOSE!
spashley1977

Post by spashley1977 »

i own pretty much every ROH dvd, but OMG these taping results SUCK !!!! i am definitely not buying DBDX ippv, will probably pick up the dvd, just cause i am a completeist. rhino vs steen and mondo vs cole. not impressed. and the best heel team in the company the young bucks eliminated in the first round. i much would have rather seen TJ vs cole for the tv title and rhino vs steen in not a very appealing world title match. got a feeling it will be the oddball team of rhett/haas vs briscoes in the finals.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Bravado Brothers vs. Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs. Jacobs and Corino said that Cornette made them put up their ROH contracts if they were to compete. So if they lose any match in this tournament, they will leave ROH
Oh man

I wanted Bennett vs Cole, Mondo vs Cole is gonna be ok i guess, didn't liked their TV match so much.
MOOSE!