Baltimore TV Taping (8/03/12)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DieHard

Re: Baltimore TV Taping (8/03/12)

Post by DieHard »

Corino and Jacobs win. Guardians of Truth attack post match. Steen makes the save. Rhino then comes out and hits the Gore on Steen.
A feud between SCUM and HoT? so Steen's face again?
MOOSE!
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Sigh.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

The Lethal's thing sounds great. Finally, finally something for him.
MOOSE!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Make Rhino versus Steen an Anything Goes Match and I'll be excited for it, I'm usually more excited for the straight shooting wrestling matches but I don't see those two putting on a five star phenomenon.

I was hoping Mike Bennett would get the shot at the ROH TV Championship, dude is working his ass off, he and Cole could work a very solid midcard match, Cole and Mondo could do the same of course, but I'd have more optimism in a Cole/Bennett match.

Overall it doesn't look great on paper, hopefully can come across better in motion.
Last edited by The Dragon Saga on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

fm20000 wrote:
DieHard wrote: LOLOLOLO they actually did the idea with Rhett and Haas as tag team.
Exactly.
no surprise. sadly i didnt actually expect ROH to bring anyone in to team with them.
Bravado Brothers vs. Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs. Jacobs and Corino said that Cornette made them put up their ROH contracts if they were to compete. So if they lose any match in this tournament, they will leave ROH
great two guys who barely wrestle will likely be the next tag champs.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

This is the most depressing set of tapings for ROH ever, IMO. Just so much stuff that I find to be horrible.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Don't know what is everyone problem with Rhino vs Steen. This is can be a good match or even great, Rhino is in great shape and from the reports he had MOTN in MW and PA. Anyhow if the are gonna do GOT vs Corino and Jacobs i will kill myself.
MOOSE!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Mike Sydal def Mike Bennett via countout after Mike Mondo came to ringside and kissed Maria (lucky guy) and Mike Bennett chased him to the back
Cornette's on crack.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

So... Mondo vs Bennett vs Cole? i hope so.. but everything looks really weird on paper. I need to see this on TV.
MOOSE!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

BTW where's Kozina vs O'Reilly?
MOOSE!
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I think these are the worst tapings since the High Impact show, TBF.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

More complaining, not a surprise there.

If Eddie wins and gets the shot, then everyone complains that it's too much Eddie in the main event. If the Young Bucks win, then everyone complains about C&C not ever getting a push. And so on and so on, see the cycle.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

BalzOfHonor wrote:More complaining, not a surprise there.

If Eddie wins and gets the shot, then everyone complains that it's too much Eddie in the main event. If the Young Bucks win, then everyone complains about C&C not ever getting a push. And so on and so on, see the cycle.
Please don't lump me into categories or try to tell me what I think. I would have been rightly OK with Eddie winning, as that would be some progression storyline-wise from SITS, etc. Also, the whole set up the tag tournament was pretty doomed, from my perspective, the instant BLKout was booked against the Briscoes - guaranteeing the only fresh team in the tournament would be out in the first round. Better first round line-up:

Briscoes vs. SCUM
C&C Wrestling Factory vs. Guardians of Truth
Young Bucks vs. Haas/Titus
BLKout vs. Bravados

Then you get SCUM vs. C&C Wrestling Factory
Haas/Titus or Young Bucks vs. BLKout

Then you get C&C Wrestling Factory vs. Haas/Titus or Young Bucks.

I like that line-up a lot better than what we got. But I guess we have to do the silly "Win or lose"-story.
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

Oh Lord.

New bookers please. And I actually still like ROH, but just... bleh. It could be so much better.
AlexNieves970

Post by AlexNieves970 »

Hello

First time poster. Found out about the site/forum from some dude wearing a Hyabusa shirt tonight at the show. It was actually my first live ROH show not in PA and I had a really good time. Just a quick question regarding that dark match....anyone have any info about the 2 teams involved? I didnt catch the names but the 2 latino guys were pretty damn enjoyable and very old school.
"I'll break your face in so many places yo mamma wont recognize you" ~ Bruiser Brody
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

AlexNieves970 wrote:Hello

First time poster. Found out about the site/forum from some dude wearing a Hyabusa shirt tonight at the show. It was actually my first live ROH show not in PA and I had a really good time. Just a quick question regarding that dark match....anyone have any info about the 2 teams involved? I didnt catch the names but the 2 latino guys were pretty damn enjoyable and very old school.
It's on the results dude.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
AlexNieves970

Post by AlexNieves970 »

I was wondering what people knew about them and thought about them. I watched and felt like these guys were not typical ROH style wrestlers but they may do something good for the tag division. Just curious about their background.
"I'll break your face in so many places yo mamma wont recognize you" ~ Bruiser Brody
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

spashley1977 wrote:i own pretty much every ROH dvd, but OMG these taping results SUCK !!!! i am definitely not buying DBDX ippv, will probably pick up the dvd, just cause i am a completeist. rhino vs steen and mondo vs cole. not impressed. and the best heel team in the company the young bucks eliminated in the first round. i much would have rather seen TJ vs cole for the tv title and rhino vs steen in not a very appealing world title match. got a feeling it will be the oddball team of rhett/haas vs briscoes in the finals.
I really try to see the positive things, but c'mon you totally fuck up the Providence iPPV card, which only the die hard fans defend, and now you're not only eliminating the Bucks from the tournament, but you let Rhino...let that sink in....freakin' Rhino, who should be jobber material in ROH main event an iPPV? what the hell is wrong with this company???!!! the booking gets worse and worse and I just see no point in supporting them anymore!
why the hell didn't the reverse it and have Homicide vs Steen on iPPV, sure that's not a great main event, but at least Homicide can go in the ring and have a fun brawl with Steen, but Rhino??? Cornette you have absolutely no clue what the fans want to see in 2012, and no one can tell me he's buying that iPPV because Rhino vs Steen! Wow, I could rant on and on, but anybody, even Rhett Titus vs Steen would have been a better main event. The problem is, since there are no really top tag teams besides the Briscoes in the tournament, they can't even make the tag title finals the main event!
It's about damn time we fans voice our displeasure at the current direction. It's sucks they do not try to sign the best indy talent available, but now the booking is at an all-time low too, even TNA does a better job booking their shows now, and that's saying something! Axe Cornette as soon as freaking possible!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Ugh. ROHCast is sure gonna be interesting on Tuesday. We've gotta preview Boiling Point and discuss these tapings. It's gonna be rant-tastic!
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I think you underrating Steen vs Rhino match. I'm sure this will bo some No DQ or something like that and it's obvius that Steen will retain the title, but the match can be good.
And Steen has already faced Eddie twice this year.