World Title Gimmick Matches

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
RoaringElbow

World Title Gimmick Matches

Post by RoaringElbow »

Like any company, ROH has seen its fair share of Gimmick Matches. Also, we all know how ROH likes to protect its world title, as it should. So unlike some other companies the ROH World title hasnt seen very many gimmick matches over its lifetime. I know its been defended inside a Cage, and in 3-Ways and 4-Ways, what other Gimmick matches has the ROH World title been defended in?
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Re: World Title Gimmick Matches

Post by classic-cabana »

Roderick Strong/Homicide was No DQ streetfight.

Danielson had two 2/3 falls matches, with McGuinness and Cabana on the same weekend.

Low Ki won the first title in a four way ironman type match.

Other than that, I dont think ROH has had other gimmick match for their World title.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Davey's run could've used a brawling gimmick match of some kind, just for variety's sake.
Last Real Man Hype
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Marketh. wrote:Davey's run could've used a brawling gimmick match of some kind, just for variety's sake.
Perhaps a Hybrid Fighting Rules match?
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Marketh. wrote:Davey's run could've used a brawling gimmick match of some kind, just for variety's sake.
Last Real Man Hype
adam08

Post by adam08 »

I hope one day we have a ladder match for the world title. That is if it hasn't already happen.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

adam08 wrote:I hope one day we have a ladder match for the world title. That is if it hasn't already happen.
Steen vs Generico Ladder War for the belt at Final Battle 2012 would be freakin awesome and a perfect conclusion to their saga...
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Steen vs. Richards in a ladder war might work as well, because of their history together (e. g. Ladder War II), but Steen vs. Generico would be epic, of course.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

I don't think that Stren needs to wrestle Generico anymore. like, they have incredible matches but they don't need to drag on their feud.

I say Steen and ELGIN in a ladder war, after obvious build up.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

ColourMeCurious wrote:I don't think that Stren needs to wrestle Generico anymore. like, they have incredible matches but they don't need to drag on their feud.

I say Steen and ELGIN in a ladder war, after obvious build up.
I'd say the only two wrestlers that should ever have a single ladder war match should be Steen and Generico (or possibly Jay vs Mark, but I don't see them feuding) and Elgin is not somebody I would like to necessarily see in a laddar war
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I go back and forth on whether not I want to see an ROH title defense in a Ladder match. The most important aspect of the ROH title is that to get it, you have to pin your opponent. It's been that way in every match so far. I know with the right guys, Ladder War can be awesome, but I like the idea that you must pin the champ to get the belt.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

syxxpakk wrote:I go back and forth on whether not I want to see an ROH title defense in a Ladder match. The most important aspect of the ROH title is that to get it, you have to pin your opponent. It's been that way in every match so far. I know with the right guys, Ladder War can be awesome, but I like the idea that you must pin the champ to get the belt.
so maybe a ladder War for the #1 Contendership?