Roderick Strong vs. Jay Briscoe from Only the Strong Survive

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
braves87
Banned
Banned

Roderick Strong vs. Jay Briscoe from Only the Strong Survive

Post by braves87 »

Most underrated match ever. I believe it was Strong's best title defense and I gave it ****3/4, for those curious, I gave his match with Richards @ Final Battle 2010 ****1/2. The match with Jay was off the charts. The bladejob was gruesome. The psychology was amazing. This is easily ROH's most underrated match of all-time. It was a super cute battle between two of ROH's home grown talent. It reminded me of Bret vs. Austin from WM 13 a bit with the bladejob refusing to quit and him being bald with a goatee. Great match though nonetheless. Anyone else like it as much as I did?
User banned for blatant trolling.
YimYac

Re: Roderick Strong vs. Jay Briscoe from Only the Strong Sur

Post by YimYac »

Anyone else disappointed Davey didn't have the "Jay Briscoe Test" as world champ?
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

YimYac wrote:Anyone else disappointed Davey didn't have the "Jay Briscoe Test" as world champ?
Here!

At least they met in a tag team match, while Davey was the champ, but that's just not the same.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

From my review over @ http://reviewsfromthesphere.blogspot.co.uk/
8. ROH World Title Match: Roderick Strong vs. Jay Briscoe
****1/2
On paper this match looked like a bit of a foregone conclusion. It seems every ROH World champion passes the Jay Briscoe test at some point but I feel this maybe the best of the lot. Both Jay Briscoe and Roderick Strong do so well at making Jay look like an extremely credible challenger and that the title could genuinely change hands at any moment. This match didn't have the slow technical start I was expecting; instead it was just straight into the all out war that this match would turn out to be. Jay Briscoes blade job is just ridiculous; I'm talking nearly At Our Best here. A lot of the action in this one was hard hitting chops and forearms mixed with high impact moves that included a Jay Driller through a table (!) and a back breaker on the top rope! They carried a tremendous amount of intensity throughout the bout and when it came to the final hurdles it was just drama after drama. In short, this was an excellent must see ROH World Title match and will probably be a low end match of the year candidate.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

Man I really wanna see this match. Might have to break my watching them in chronological order and check it out early.
TelkEvolon

Post by TelkEvolon »

Hell yeah, this was some amazing stuff, Jay bleeds like crazy and these two just put on a classic match.

Super underrated.
"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

One of my faves from 2011 and further underlines why Jay could and should be ROH World Champ one day
Riddick

Post by Riddick »

I want to see Steen vs. Jay so badly!
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

I seen this one live and it was incredible. Hell, most of us in the crowd believed Jay could actually win the damn match. Roddy's best title defense IMO.
astoph

Post by astoph »

I was 2nd row on the side where Jay was initially busted open. When Roddy leans him on the guardrail and starts punching him blood was flying everywhere. It was quite disgusting, but awesome as hell at the same time. Unforgetable night for sure.
Die Harder

Post by Die Harder »

i too give Jay a vote for a title reign, top 5 guys in the company, and has been for a long time!
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I was front row for this match and it was a hell of a display from both men. I'd give it **** easily.