The greatest tag-team bout I've ever seen in Pro Wrestling.

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Manga4life

The greatest tag-team bout I've ever seen in Pro Wrestling.

Post by Manga4life »

So, I decided to toss in ROH No Escape from 2011 the other day since I've yet to see the event and I was treated to a match that I believe was the greatest tag-team contest I've ever seen in pro wrestling. I'm not a big fan of tag-team wrestling in general and prefer 1 on 1 contests, but I've got to say, the Cole/O'Rielly vs Edwards/Richards match from No Escape 2011 was absolutely a thing of beauty. It had so much drama, so many great wrestling moves, some intense spots, some strong style, and fantastic give n' go wrestling that made this match an absolute gem and one of the greatest matches I've ever seen. Definitely the most amazing tag-team match I've seen.

This match brought my thoughts of Cole/Kyle from being on the fence about how great they were to totally believing that these two could be the future of ROH in both the tag-team division and singles competition. They have what it takes to "wow" the crowd and to really sink their teeth into the wrestling world, these two are certainly something special as were their opponents and that's why they're former World titlists. What an amazing match.
http://www.Twitter.com/manga4life
Championships I recognize/follow
IWGP Heavyweight Championship
ROH World Championship
World Heavyweight Championship (since 2009)
WWE Championship (since 2009)
RoaringElbow

Re: The greatest tag-team bout I've ever seen in Pro Wrestli

Post by RoaringElbow »

Ive never seen it but thats a pretty lofty statement.
My favorite ROH tag match is prolly Briscoes vs MCMG from Good Times, Great Memories
TelkEvolon

Post by TelkEvolon »

Since this is now the "your favorite tag match in ROH history thread" I think my favorite ROH tag team match was Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards vs Bryan Danielson & Tyler Black from the Tag Title Classic show feature in the Double Feature II DVD. That and any of the Steenerico/Briscoes matches.

Always been a far bigger fan of tag matches as there is so much more that can go on.
"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

I mean... it was pretty good. But best ever?
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Yesterday I once again watched the Best of The American Wolves DVD, and I have to say, that almost every single match on there is "my favorite tag team match of all time" - just can't decide. The same goes for most of the Briscoes/Steenerico matches.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

DanielBryanson wrote:Yesterday I once again watched the Best of The American Wolves DVD, and I have to say, that almost every single match on there is "my favorite tag team match of all time" - just can't decide. The same goes for most of the Briscoes/Steenerico matches.
Gotta agree, nearly most combinations of Steenerico/Wolves/Briscoes guarantees a contender for best ROH tag match.

Joe/Bryan vs KENTA/Marafuji from Best in the World 2006 is my alltime fave ROH tag match, as good as Wolves/Futureshock was, it doesnt touch this match imo.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

classic-cabana wrote:

Joe/Bryan vs KENTA/Marafuji from Best in the World 2006 is my alltime fave ROH tag match, as good as Wolves/Futureshock was, it doesnt touch this match imo.
Agree. I think that one gets overlooked, but while there are many great tag matches in ROH, this was probably my favorite as well.

Best 'on an RoH card but not really RoH" KENTA & Kota Ibushi vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Katsuhiko Nakajima at Tokyo Summit. It was just, wow!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

No Escape is the only ROH show I've been to.
I agree, it was a really good match. Don't know about best ever, but I'm an awful judge who looks more for entertainment than wrestling in wrestling.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

I loved the Tokyo Summit Tag. Its def. one of my top matches. My favorite Tag match in ROH is Steen and Generico vs Briscoes from MM2.

In all of pro wrestling of all time its Angle and Benoit vs Edge and Rey from NM 2002.

I actually don't like Wolves matches. I didn't even like the one from Double Feature 2 all that much. I'm not big on Eddie Edwards.

Aries and Strong vs Briscoes from Unify is all great.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

my top 5 fave normal tag team matches in pro wrestling (not counting Ladder Wars, TLC,etc.):
1. Briscoes vs Murder City Machine Guns (Good Times Great Memories)
2. Aries, Strong vs Briscoes (Unified)
3. Danielson, Black vs American Wolves (Tag Title Classic)
4. Angle, Benoit vs Edge, Mysterio (No Mercy 2002)
5. Tozawa, Steen vs Generico, Ricochet (All Star Weekend 8 Night 1)
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

indyfan wrote:I loved the Tokyo Summit Tag. Its def. one of my top matches.
good call
projectf40

Post by projectf40 »

American Wolves vs. Kings of Wrestling aka Tag-Title Classic II gets no love for some odd reason despite being freakin awesome.

Also MCMG vs. Aries/Danielson is absolutely epic.
Rooskie

Post by Rooskie »

The No Escape Wolves -Cole & O'Reilly is a dandy of a fun tag -- I was there front row! Everybody's entitled to their own favorites, and I'd say mine is the original Ladder War with the Briscoes and Steenerico. A spotfest, I know, but what an unreal spotfest.
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

kobashi/Homicide vs LowKi/Samoa Joe was unforgettable

also got a soft spot for Second City Saints/Briscoe matches.
McBenedict

Post by McBenedict »

One of the better matches no one talks about in 2011. Million times better than the Young Wolves Main event.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. KENTA & Davey Richards from Honor Reclaims Boston still mind blowing every time i see it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

projectf40 wrote:American Wolves vs. Kings of Wrestling aka Tag-Title Classic II gets no love for some odd reason despite being freakin awesome.
Because it was long for the sake of going long. Not that hard to comprehend even though I personally loved it.
braves87
Banned
Banned

Post by braves87 »

Best tag match I ever saw was Taker/Austin vs. Mankind/Kane at Fully Loaded 1998
User banned for blatant trolling.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

braves87 wrote:Best tag match I ever saw was Taker/Austin vs. Mankind/Kane at Fully Loaded 1998

Uhh what :?:
RobOfAllTrades

Post by RobOfAllTrades »

I saw the No Escape match a couple of weeks ago. I was let down. It was very good but not great. Aries/Strong v Briscoes from Unified is still the standard bearer when it comes to tags in ROH in my opinion. That match was so well worked its ridiculous.