TAG TEAM GAUNTLET AT “FINAL BATTLE 2011”

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

TAG TEAM GAUNTLET AT “FINAL BATTLE 2011”

Post by cgstong »

Ring of Honor prides itself on being the home for true tag team wrestling, a place where the best duos in the business can come compete for the most coveted titles in tag team wrestling. The championship lineage has seen such luminaries as Christopher Daniels & Donovan Morgan, CM Punk & Colt Cabana, The American Wolves, Roderick Strong & Austin Aries, The Kings of Wrestling, and the 6-Time former champions Jay & Mark Briscoe.

At “Final Battle 2011” Dem Boys will go head-to-head with current champions Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team, Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, to attempt to claim those belts for the 7th time. But what will the future hold for the winner of that match? Well ROH officials look to answer that question with a match that was finalized late last night…

With a future shot at the ROH World Tag Team Titles at stake, 5 teams will compete in a Tag Team Gauntlet Match to determine the next contenders for those championships. The teams entered into this test of heart & endurance are: The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly), Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander, The Bravados (Lancelot & Harlem), and The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus).

None of these teams have held the belts thus far in their ROH careers although three of them have challenged in the past, with ANX & Future Shock standing as the last two pairs to step up to WGTT in recent months, and those near-victories have only made the hunger for championship destiny that much stronger.

“It was a great experience to challenge for the belts.” said Adam Cole, “I freely admit that my nerves were shot going into Collinsville; that maybe the importance of the night got to me to a degree, but those were first time jitters. I won’t speak for Kyle on this, but I can say that I certainly have got that out of my system, and that the next time we stare across the ring in a title match, my focus will be at one thousand percent. If we have to make our way through four of the most talented teams in Ring of Honor to get to that endgame, to earn that shot, then so be it. There is nothing more that Future Shock wants than to hoist those titles over our shoulders, to wear them around our waists, and at Final Battle we take our next step to making that dream a reality.”

“Final Battle 2011” goes down Friday night December 23rd from The Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City! The best tag team wrestling in the world will be showcased in a Tag Team Gauntlet match featuring ANX vs. Future Shock vs. The Bravados vs. The Young Bucks vs. Coleman & Alexander with a future tag title opportunity at stake!

A fun marathon match. I was wondering what they would do with the rest of the tag teams.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Re: TAG TEAM GAUNTLET AT “FINAL BATTLE 2011”

Post by JSWO »

I'll probably enjoy this match just as much as the main event.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

JSWO wrote:I'll probably enjoy this match just as much as the main event.
My sentiments exactly.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

How is this match going to work? Sounds great but i'm confused. One team gets pinned another team comes in or what?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Not sure. I can only go with what the details say but I would assume you are correct. Gauntlet matches generally work like that.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I would imagine two teams will start and once one team is pinned, the next team will take their spot and so on until there's one team left.
lariato

Post by lariato »

I'd have preferred the a triple threat with the Bucks, ANX and Future Shock as I've never liked Gauntlet matches and prefer those three to the Bravados and Cedrick and Shaniqua.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I hope The Bravados win and are the first ones in the match.
Last Real Man Hype
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Excited for this! Love ROH making use of their roster. They already have a strong one and I much prefer to see their roster on the card before you start tossing in stars from Japan or visiting from other promotions.
Rudas_Iskariot

Post by Rudas_Iskariot »

If ANX wins, then Dem Boys will win. if any of the other teams win, then WGTT wins.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Marketh. wrote:I hope The Bravados win and are the first ones in the match.
Amen!