KEVIN STEEN VS STEVE CORINO FINAL BATTLE

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

KEVIN STEEN VS STEVE CORINO FINAL BATTLE

Post by fm20000 »

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/kevin ... eve-corino

The words have been spoken, agreements have been made, and now the contracts have been signed. It is now official that Kevin Steen will make his official return to Ring of Honor competition at “Final Battle 2011” after a year-long absence to face Steve Corino one-on-one with Jimmy Jacobs serving as the guest referee.

It all came to a head this past weekend on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, available now for Ringside Members and Thursday for everybody, when ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette invited Steen & his legal team to extend them a settlement offer. Cornette, with Corino & Jacobs on his side, exchanged heated words with Steen that turned a little to0 colorful to repeat here, before turning things over to Corino to say his piece.

Steve took responsibility for everything that happened in 2010 between Steen & his former partner El Generico, and accepted blame for creating the monster that Kevin Steen has since become. More harsh, heated words were exchanged between Kevin & Steve, culminating in Steen spitting in Corino’s face and Steve punching his former friend in retaliation. Security quickly intervened in the situation, preventing any further violence, but the stage was set for the confrontation that has been building since June at “Best in the World 2011” when Kevin set foot in ROH for the first time since his banishment at the close of 2010 and unleashed utter chaos.

So it is at “Final Battle 2011” on December 23rd in NYC, Kevin Steen & Steve Corino collide, Jimmy Jacobs as the guest referee, Jim Cornette in attendance at ringside, and hanging in the balance is the fate of Steen’s ROH career. If he loses, Steen has agreed to never darken Ring of Honor’s doorstep again. If he wins, well it may be time to pray, to whatever you believe in, for the future of ROH….

Tickets for “Final Battle 2011” can be purchased in the ROH Store, and if you cannot be there in attendance, ROH’s year-end extravaganza will be available live on iPPV courtesy of GoFightLive! For all the ordering information visit GFL.TV.
fm20000

Re: KEVIN STEEN VS STEVE CORINO FINAL BATTLE

Post by fm20000 »

So happy I have tickets to see KEVIN STEEN return to ROH in the F'ING HAMMERSTEIN. I'm so pumped for this show now.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

I think it seems too obvious for Jacobs to turn on Corino to help Steen win.

One idea I can think of is Steen winning "fairly" (as in no Jacobs help), and then Generico just coming out and murdering EVERYONE!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

It seems obvious but it would make sense so I'm kinda hoping they do it.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

What are the chances that this has been a year long plan between Corino and Steen, to get him back in ROH?

Fingerpoke of doom by Steen on Corino, Jacobs with the slow dramatic 3 count...all three celebrate! :twisted:
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I don't think it makes sense at all for anyone to align with Steen here. Both Jacobs and Corino have been attacked by him in his appearances this year.
Last Real Man Hype
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Jacobs/Corino/Steen-heel stable FTW. Just the thing needed to revitalize the ROH main event and title scene. Love to see all three of them holding all the gold (Steen as World, Jacobs w/ TV, and Jacobs/Corino as first-time ever double champs). Makes for a great storyline!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

BalzOfHonor wrote:What are the chances that this has been a year long plan between Corino and Steen, to get him back in ROH?

Fingerpoke of doom by Steen on Corino, Jacobs with the slow dramatic 3 count...all three celebrate! :twisted:
I don't think this would get over too well. Steen's probably the most over guy in the company right now and the fans would probably crap all over this.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

BalzOfHonor wrote:What are the chances that this has been a year long plan between Corino and Steen, to get him back in ROH?

someone mentioned this a couple weeks ago and it got me thinking that it is possible since the Jacobs turn(since he's the ref) would be too obvious. I figure this could lead to an impromptu Steen-Homicide match.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

A friend of mine proposed the very same idea. The NYC crowd would literally shit all over Steen, and keep him a face rather than what they're gonna do, cheer him as a badass and eventually turn Davey.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

GardenStateSaint wrote:

A friend of mine proposed the very same idea. The NYC crowd would literally shit all over Steen, and keep him a face rather than what they're gonna do, cheer him as a badass and eventually turn Davey.

It's very unlikely that it's going to happen but it would be quite the scene, NYC would just boo the hell out of Steen while he laughs at them. I have a feeling that neither Jacobs or Corino will turn in the end.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

BalzOfHonor wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:

It's very unlikely that it's going to happen but it would be quite the scene, NYC would just boo the hell out of Steen while he laughs at them. I have a feeling that neither Jacobs or Corino will turn in the end.
It really does have the making of a great tension filled moment. Can't wait to see it go down.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Motion.

Post by Motion. »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
BalzOfHonor wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:What are the chances that this has been a year long plan between Corino and Steen, to get him back in ROH?

I don't know, for me it wouldn't really make sense if all 3 of them were working together. When Steen talked at BITW, it was because Jim Cornette let him. Wouldn't it have been easier for Steen to just act like a changed man so Cornette would sign him and then turn psycho again?

I wouldn't be surprised if Steen wins cleanly to end the fued, and then goes on to challenge Davey for the Title early next year.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

What if somehow Cornette and Steen were working together? Would take some crazyyyyyyyyyyy writing to get that together but Steen working with Corino or Jacobs is just too obvious.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

I don't know what's gonna happen and that's why this match excites me.
lariato

Post by lariato »

Well, Steen's winning. How he does that is what's interesting. I'd like for them to build to a Steen's team vs Generico, Richards, Jacobs and Corino steel cage warfare match.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

lariato wrote:Well, Steen's winning. How he does that is what's interesting. I'd like for them to build to a Steen's team vs Generico, Richards, Jacobs and Corino steel cage warfare match.
That's interesting. Maybe Jacobs turns on Corino at FB, and Corino has to enlist the services of the one man he thinks can help him stop their destruction, El Generico.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

It's very possible with Steen demanding Cornette be ringside that they're the ones in this together.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

fm20000 wrote:https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/corin ... iday-night

No DQ stipulation just added
Plus this
Cary Silkin will join Cornette at ringside!
I have know idea, what kind of Insanity we are about to witness with this match, it should be epic. I got my Harpoons chilling in the fridge and my ROKU will be bringing me the action. I can't F'N wait
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン