It’s “Road Rage” In Charleston!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

It’s “Road Rage” In Charleston!

Post by 187_Joeism »

Ring of Honor his West Virginia for the very first time on June 15th and as part of our debut there we will tape “Road Rage” for future episodes of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV! Several matches were set over the weekend for this huge debut including the World Title match we alluded to last week…

- ROH World Title Match - “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen defends “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards

It was announced in the May 17th Newswire that the World Title would be on the line in Charleston with three former World champions names in the hat: Davey Richards, Roderick Strong, and Eddie Edwards. The selection was made and it will be “Die Hard” who will get the very first shot at dethroning Kevin Steen! When these two met one-on-one at “Final Countdown: Boston”, it resulted in Eddie suffering a fractured elbow and at "Showdown in the Sun - Day 2", Steen beat Eddie via a roll-up. With the World Title on the line, what will Eddie risk to regain it and what will Steen risk to keep it?

- Texas Death Match - The Final Encounter - Jay Briscoe vs. Charlie Haas

Using the rules of the game, Charlie Haas managed to squeak out another win over Jay Briscoe on Saturday night in Richmond during their unsanctioned fight. After the loss, Jay challenged Charlie to one last match between the two men, a Texas Death match, and ROH officials immediately signed this final encounter for Charleston. He can’t win the tag titles back, but will Jay finally make Charlie pay for everything he’s done in the last few months?

- Jay Lethal vs. “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin with Truth Martini

Michael Elgin has had a banner year in 2012, so was Jay Lethal before the combined machinations of The House of Truth & The Embassy conspired to cost him the ROH TV Title. Now in Charleston, Lethal and Elgin will lock horns as the former TV Champion looks to gain a measure of revenge against the HoT. Lethal is on a heck of a hot streak after ending Tommaso Ciampa’s undefeated streak & beating Roderick in their 2/3 Falls contest in Dayton, will “Unbreakable” be the man to bring a stop to Lethal’s run?

Also Signed To Appear:
- Current ROH World Television Champion Roderick Strong with Truth Martini
- BJ Whitmer
- Mark Briscoe
- Davey Richards
- The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)
- Steve Corino
- Kyle O’Reilly
- Adam Cole
- “No Fear” Mike Mondo
- Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

Keep an eye on ROHWrestling.com for more details and match announcements as we get closer to Friday night June 15th and our highly-anticipated debut in Charleston, WV! Get your tickets now!
DanielBryanson

Re: It’s “Road Rage” In Charleston!

Post by DanielBryanson »

#WeWantTJP
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

#WeWantDunn&Marcos
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

HUH? Strong won that thing, no? he should face Steen lol
But everything sounds good. And if Haas - Briscoe is the fucking last match between them, so i'm the happiest man in the world.

EDIT: Whitmer and Corino? great.

My card, btw:
Mark Briscoe vs. Mike Mondo vs. Roderick Strong vs. Adam Cole
New American Wolves vs. ANX
Steve Corino vs. BJ Whitmer
Caprice and Alexander vs. Bravado Brothers i guess
MOOSE!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

This card already sounds better than Richmond.

Looking forward to it
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Roderick faces Steen in Pittsburgh.

Haas is a great heel, fuck the haters. This match with Jay will be great.
Last Real Man Hype
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Marketh. wrote:Roderick faces Steen in Pittsburgh.

Haas is a great heel, fuck the haters. This match with Jay will be great.
Oh, right. And i agree with you about Haas. imo he's the Bully Ray of ROH
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Lethal vs Elgin sounds interesting. Fresh matchup.

Steen vs Eddie sounds really good. These two have never been able to just go all out in the ring when facing each other so hopefully we get to see that on a main event stage.

How many different names can they have for a WGTT/Briscoes hardcore match? Fight without honor, unsanctioned match, Texas Deathmatch. Next up: FOR THE LAST TIME EVER! SERIOUSLY! YAPPA PI INDIAN STRAP MATCH HAAS VS JAY!!!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

no TJP, no Bucks....FAIL!
apart from that card sounds quite good, just nothing you would go out of your way seeing. But let's wait for the actual show, maybe it's better than expected
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
GrizzlyHorsemen

Post by GrizzlyHorsemen »

Card looks good with those 2 matches and good talent to appear (BJ WHITMER!!).. hope Eddie and Kevin mesh better than they did in Florida as that match was a little of a let down.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Steen defending the belt 3 times in 1 month is a horrible decision IMO it removes prestige to the title. But the 3 matches (Davey, Strong and Edwards) are going to be really good so i suppose one thing compensates for another.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

With Haas in singles action, can we get Davey Richards vs Shelton Benjamin on this show? Please? That has been on my wish list since WGTT came in.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

187_Joeism wrote:Steen defending the belt 3 times in 1 month is a horrible decision IMO it removes prestige to the title. But the 3 matches (Davey, Strong and Edwards) are going to be really good so i suppose one thing compensates for another.
Huh? So you want him to rarely defend the title? Thus causing everyone to complain? That's how guys like Dragon and Joe evaluated the titles prestige, by defending it night in night out.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

SteenMark23 wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Steen defending the belt 3 times in 1 month is a horrible decision IMO it removes prestige to the title. But the 3 matches (Davey, Strong and Edwards) are going to be really good so i suppose one thing compensates for another.
Huh? So you want him to rarely defend the title? Thus causing everyone to complain? That's how guys like Dragon and Joe evaluated the titles prestige, by defending it night in night out.
I think the title only should be defended in every iPPV and in rarely opportunities in TV. I think too many defenses in short amount of time is bad for the title because it look like defending it for the sake of doing it instead of use the TV Show to promote that defenses, is just my oponion and way of looking . Dragon and Joe reings were the best ones but some defenses were pointless to me, those reigns had been equal awesome with less defenses.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

187_Joeism wrote:
SteenMark23 wrote:
I think the title only should be defended in every iPPV and in rarely opportunities in TV. I think too many defenses in short amount of time is bad for the title because it look like defending it for the sake of doing it instead of use the TV Show to promote that defenses, is just my oponion and way of looking though. Dragon and Joe reing were the best ones but some defenses were pointless to me, those reigns had been equal awesome with less defenses.
What?????????? Steen defending the belt as much as possible fits this whole angle perfectly. ROH wants to get the belt off of him as soon as possible so they should be trying to make EVERY match he has be a title defense.

Or you can look at it that Steen is trying to bring ROH back to what it once was. Back when guys like Nigel, Bryan and Joe were defending the belt night in and night out.

And this is just better for us. I hated how Davey rarely defended the belt. He was champion for almost a year and only had 10 defenses. There have been guys who had the belt almost half as long as Davey with 5-10 more defenses.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Steen defending the belt as much as possible fits this whole angle perfectly. ROH wants to get the belt off of him as soon as possible so they should be trying to make EVERY match he has be a title defense.

Yeah i totally agree with that, in this case it fit perfect but i don´t like them to do the same in every reign, i think 1/2 defenses per month is good but more than that is overbooking.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

One or two defences per month will ensure Steen has a full, satisfying title run if he's going to be losing it before the year's over. If he only defended it like 3 times like I think Davey did in the time given, it's going to be the opposite of what the fans want and they'll be dragging it out in typical ROH fashion.
Last Real Man Hype
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

i cant complain about the number of defenses when the challengers are all top quality guys.
TheLethalInjection

Post by TheLethalInjection »

no Zombie Princess? :cry:
AOTF by LoveRicardoRodriguez, on Flickr
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'm sure pleased to see that ROH has followed WWE/TNA/WCW by killing the Fight Without Honor stip.

Oh who am I kidding?

This Briscoes vs. Haas/Benjamin feud has just been outstanding and completely leaves the Briscoes vs. Steen/Generico feud in the dust I must say.

9th Anniversary? Total MOTYC with a hot finish.

Revolution Canada? Another unforgettable classic.

Final Battle 2011? It will be talked about for years to come like Briscoes vs. MCMG and Black/Jacobs vs. Steen/Generico.

Showdown in the Sun? A step below but still just flat-out awesome.

Border Wars? Just utterly fantastic with a finish so hot it should be drawing comparisons to the 9th Anniversary encounter!!! (It also did so much to add to the brutal prestige of the Fight Without Honor.)

And Haas vs. Jay, man oh man I'm sure that will have a more intense hatred and pace going for it than Steen's singles matches against the Briscoes.