Worst show in history

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DieHard

Worst show in history

Post by DieHard »

I saw a lot of guys saying the Richamond VA show was the worst in history... so what's your worst ROH show in history? any why?
MOOSE!
ninetwentyfour

Re: Worst show in history

Post by ninetwentyfour »

I know two people personally that attended and said it was without a doubt the worst in history. Last night, that is.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

ninetwentyfour wrote:I know two people personally that attended and said it was without a doubt the worst in history. Last night, that is.
But you didn't saw it, right?...
MOOSE!
GrizzlyHorsemen

Post by GrizzlyHorsemen »

The worst show ROH's name was on was on Jan. 9, 2004 with the JAPW joint show Collision Course. I LOVE ROH and JAPW was a fun company too but the only thing on this show that clicked was Walters vs Daniels vs Punk vs AJ everything else was crap... The joint FWA show was also crap.

As far as solo shows I feel like the 2010 SOTF would be close to the top, nothing was really good and can't say I would want to watch anything on it again.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

GrizzlyHorsemen wrote:As far as solo shows I feel like the 2010 SOTF would be close to the top, nothing was really good and can't say I would want to watch anything on it again.
AGREE!!!!
The crowd also was really bad. That final was only ok, sucks that Steen wasn't a part of the match. What a shitty show lol
MOOSE!
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Is have to rewatch the joint FWA show, and I never saw Escalation (2 friends own it and claim its horrible), but I think its the worse ROH show I've seen. Definitely the worse I've been to live.
Get ready for some competition though. I have a feeling all the house shows going forward are going to book as few wrestlers as possible to save as much money as possible. Maybe WGTT will wrestle four times in a night at some point?
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Buffalo Stampede 2.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

fm20000 wrote:Buffalo Stampede 2.
The one with Tyler Black vs Steve Corino in the main event?
That was better than this Richmond show.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
GrizzlyHorsemen

shitty show for sure... almost everything fell flat... Aries vs Omega was really good but they would go on to have better... I miss Kenny
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Escalation
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

Man up ! Ladder war was the worst match ever... Im just kidding thats my favorite card lmao. One show i hated was age of insanity from 2008. So hard to sit through
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

This thread reminds me of the people that say the most recent Raw was the worst ever (every single week).

Buffalo Stampede 2 was pretty bad though
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

I actually enjoyed Corino/Tyler. besides that and Omega/Aries, which wasn't even close to there best, everything else made me glad it came free with DBDVIII, because otherwise, I wouldve paid someone to take it from my collection.
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

Hmm...some of the Q4 2006 shows were pretty bad...Black Friday Fallout anyone?

Scramble Cage Melee & Revenge on the Prophecy were historically referred to as ROHs worst shows too I seem to remember.
Hegemony

Post by Hegemony »

No way in hell is Revenge on the Prophecy one of ROH's worst shows, it has a great 4 Corner Survival (that gets a standing ovation from those in attendance - Paul London particularly looked awesome and it was Whitmer's debut for the company), the first ROH match between Joe and Dragon, and a main event that had been built towards through all of the first year of the company, including a memorable Styles Clash through a table from Styles on Daniels. Great, great show!

I seem to remember Gabe saying that he thought it was perhaps ROH's most underrated event, in fact. Or at least one of the most underrated.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Chaosphere wrote:Hmm...some of the Q4 2006 shows were pretty bad...Black Friday Fallout anyone?

Scramble Cage Melee & Revenge on the Prophecy were historically referred to as ROHs worst shows too I seem to remember.
Revenge on the Prophecy did start weak, but the three main events
- BJ Whitmer vs Colt Cabana vs Paul London vs Homicide
- Samoa Joe vs Bryan Danielson
- No Holds Barred Match: Christopher Daniels & Xavier vs Low Ki &AJ Styles
were all genuinely great matches. I use to play that stretch of matches on DVD over and over again.
joeAR

Post by joeAR »

Night of the Butcher 2 was painful to sit through. Hell even the tag match with Nigel/Claudio vs Danielson/Austin wasn't all that good.
SM22

Post by SM22 »

I havn't seen it, but Gabe said he hated Battle For Supremacy. To those who did see it, could it count as one of the worst shows?

My vote goes to Gateway to Honor. Not only was the commentary and video quality horrible, but I didn't enjoy one match. I've seen other shows that were bad, but all those shows had at least one match that I enjoyed. This show looked good on paper, and thats why I bought it, but it didn't deliver.
GrizzlyHorsemen

Chaosphere wrote:Hmm...some of the Q4 2006 shows were pretty bad...Black Friday Fallout anyone?

SCM was meh, the three way was a little underwhelming, Walters title win was great though especially for the hometown Boston crowd.

ROTP was one of the 2 best shows in the first year of the company!! Great stuff on that card, if anything a good percentage of fans can't even comment on it because it has been out of print since AT LEAST 2005
GrizzlyHorsemen

joeAR wrote:Night of the Butcher 2 was painful to sit through. Hell even the tag match with Nigel/Claudio vs Danielson/Austin wasn't all that good.
I would call it a meh card... an okay way to pass 2.5 hours as nothing is really actively bad, but at the same time nothing is repeat-watch good.