So um what's going on lately?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

So um what's going on lately?

Post by fm20000 »

I've kinda been completely not paying attention to ROH since attending Death Before Dishonor and have no idea what's going on outside of the youtube videos uploaded. The forum died and idk I just stopped watching for some reason. I've seen Steen is coming back and is suing ROH or something? Can someone catch me up because I have Final Battle tickets but no idea what's going on.
dark patriot

Re: So um what's going on lately?

Post by dark patriot »

you could check out some of the other threads here to help catch up.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Any idea if ROH is ever bringing back the original forum?
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Feuds leading into Final Battle:

Davey/Edwards: Edwards has Dan 'The Beast' Severn as his trainer. Davey is pissed because he originally had the idea of training with Severn but that never materialized. Eddie is now using the Dragon Sleeper that Severn used to use, as his finisher move. a lot of emphasis is being put on 'whoever wins is the better man'.

WGTT/Briscoes: Even though ANX won Ladder War 3, the Briscoes will get the shot at Final Battle after they beat ANX in a #1 contenders match on the TV show. They keep going back to the Briscoes chair attack on WGTT at Best In The World and this feud is being hyped A LOT on the TV show.

Lethal/Generico/Bennett: Lethal has defended against both men and has failed to beat both of them. Both matches ended in draws and in a recent TV episode, Lethal was about to beat Generico when Bennett distracted Todd Sinclair. Match ended in a draw and Generico took both guys out. Bennett is claiming to be the TV champion after almost beating Lethal in his title match. Triple threat elimination match at Final Battle.

ANX/Young Bucks: This is a recent one. Bucks beat ANX at Southern Defiance on Saturday. On Sunday, the Bucks attacked ANX on the way to the ring for their match against the Bravados so I would assume that these two will go at it at Final Battle as neither have much going on right now.

Roderick Strong Invitational: Roddy has issued an open challenge for Final Battle. He's annoyed that he didn't get the shot at Davey instead of Eddie. He says he wants to overshadow Edwards/Richards III and will only take on the best.

Strong recently won a TV Title shot through a Proving Ground match against Lethal. Lethal himself won a 20 man rumble so has a ROH World Title shot and Michael Elgin won Survival of the Fittest so he also has a World Title shot at some stage.

Just a brief rundown for you.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

fm20000 wrote:Any idea if ROH is ever bringing back the original forum?

They will not be.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

Wrestling promotions tend to not like having forums for some reason. They also seem to not like their fans critizing them on their own boards. Not sure if that had anything to do with Sinclair shutting down the board. But I think it was a bad decision not to keep the board.

It should be noted that ROH has a free show every week on their website. Where you can keep up with the storylines that are going on for free. If you pay to become a ringside member you can watch every prior episode.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I know Steven mentioned this, but the chair attack by Briscoes on WGTT at BITW needs to be emphasied again! We've gotta mention it as much as the TV show does
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Feuds leading into Final Battle:

Davey/Edwards: Edwards has Dan 'The Beast' as his trainer. Davey is pissed because he originally had the idea of training with Severn but that never materialized. Eddie is now using the Dragon Sleeper that Severn used to use, as his finisher move. a lot of emphasis is being put on 'whoever wins is the better man'.

WGTT/Briscoes: Even though ANX won Ladder War 3, the Briscoes will get the shot at Final Battle after they beat ANX in a #1 contenders match on the TV show. They keep going back to the Briscoes chair attack on WGTT at Best In The World and this feud is being hyped A LOT on the TV show.

Lethal/Generico/Bennett: Lethal has defended against both men and has failed to beat both of them. Both matches ended in draws and in a recent TV episode, Lethal was about to beat Generico when Bennett distracted Todd Sinclair. Match ended in a draw and Generico took both guys out. Bennett is claiming to be the TV champion after almost beating Lethal in his title match. Triple threat elimination match at Final Battle.

ANX/Young Bucks: This is a recent one. Bucks beat ANX at Southern Defiance on Saturday. On Sunday, the Bucks attacked ANX on the way to the ring for their match against the Bravados so I would assume that these two will go at it at Final Battle as neither have much going on right now.

Roderick Strong Invitational: Roddy has issued an open challenge for Final Battle. He's annoyed that he didn't get the shot at Davey instead of Eddie. He says he wants to overshadow Edwards/Richards III and will only take on the best.

Strong recently won a TV Title shot through a Proving Ground match against Lethal. Lethal himself won a 20 man rumble so has a ROH World Title shot and Michael Elgin won Survival of the Fittest so he also has a World Title shot at some stage.

Just a brief rundown for you.
Alright thank you for catching me up. Was hardcore into the product and DBD was amazing and then I sort of just took a break. Sounds pretty good. Any rumors who Strong is going to face in the invitational?
Chris Xtreme wrote:Wrestling promotions tend to not like having forums for some reason. They also seem to not like their fans critizing them on their own boards. Not sure if that had anything to do with Sinclair shutting down the board. But I think it was a bad decision not to keep the board.

It should be noted that ROH has a free show every week on their website. Where you can keep up with the storylines that are going on for free. If you pay to become a ringside member you can watch every prior episode.
Well that sucks I was one of the regulars on the board.

And yeah I've known about the TV show. I watched the first week or two but it never really grabbed my interest. I'll probably start watching again a lot now.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Chris Xtreme wrote:Wrestling promotions tend to not like having forums for some reason. They also seem to not like their fans critizing them on their own boards. Not sure if that had anything to do with Sinclair shutting down the board. But I think it was a bad decision not to keep the board.

Board was shut down because of trolls like Chucky T and Wifebeater abusing other fans on the board and constantly promoting a negative agenda in regard to ROH. Another issue was moderating became harder and harder due to people using multiple screen names when e-mailing ROH Help to register for the board.
Admin note: User permanently banned.