Yes I'm being a BALL BUSTA, ROH Border Wars IPPV anouncement

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Re: Yes I'm being a BALL BUSTA, ROH make the anouncement alr

Post by HarpoonIPA »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote:If this is the case and ROH does it at there own site, they better have the proper technology in place to carry it out without any problems. Or it could kill ROH.
Especially if Steen wins the title, if they can't provide an appropriate stream, his championship win might be tainted big time!
And if everything does work out, they may want to consider doing what Gabe does and put on multiple IPPV's a month.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote:If this is the case and ROH does it at there own site, they better have the proper technology in place to carry it out without any problems. Or it could kill ROH.
Especially if Steen wins the title, if they can't provide an appropriate stream, his championship win might be tainted big time!
Yea people would go insane if Steen won the belt but we couldn't see it.

How late they're making this announcement still worries me!
I don't have a good feeling about this, if they use there own site. It has disaster written all over it, if they don't buy the proper equipment
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

HarpoonIPA wrote: I don't have a good feeling about this, if they use there own site. It has disaster written all over it, if they don't buy the proper equipment
Jon (one of our writers) is telling me that the stream of this weeks ROH show on ROHWrestling.com keeps messing up halfway through.

If they can't put a pre-recorded show on their website properly...how are they gonna do a live show :|

Ok turns out that's just Jon's computer. Unless they fixed it since then.

Either way, I'm concerned too about ROH streaming it themselves
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote: I don't have a good feeling about this, if they use there own site. It has disaster written all over it, if they don't buy the proper equipment
Jon (one of our writers) is telling me that the stream of this weeks ROH show on ROHWrestling.com keeps messing up halfway through.

If they can't put a pre-recorded show on their website properly...how are they gonna do a live show :|
Dave and Mike from PWI were saying they get complaints every week about the ROH website messing up when people try to watch the TV show over there. It has messed up on me many times in the past, to the point that I just don't watch it any more unless I read something special about an episode. I would rather just buy IPPV's and keep up with ROH that way. And more or less that's what I'm doing
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

This is pretty ridiculous. An iPPV that you're hyping to the moon is in 13 days, and nobody knows where it'll be streamed? If they want a good buyrate for the show they better do something soon. And by soon I mean within the next couple of days.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

youtube streaming works perfectly for UFC.
astoph

Post by astoph »

SteenMark23 wrote:This is pretty ridiculous. An iPPV that you're hyping to the moon is in 13 days, and nobody knows where it'll be streamed? If they want a good buyrate for the show they better do something soon. And by soon I mean within the next couple of days.
Probably too late already. I think the most they can hope for now is for the "hardcore" fanbase to order and a few newbies as well. I do consider myself in the "hardcore" category but am still reluctant to order after the SITS experience. I have no reason to think they do any better on their own, especially with the way they addressed that situation. They should probably sell this thing at a decent discount to encourage buys imo.
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

As I can't watch it live It would be nice to know I could watch a replay the day after or something although at this rate I'll be snatching it off a torrent due to the lack of details about this IPPV.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/border ... -greet-set

Ring of Honor Wrestling returns to Toronto & The Ted Reeve Arena on May 12th for “Border Wars”! Highlighted by the most anticipated ROH World Title match in recent memory between Davey Richards & Kevin Steen, this iPPV broadcast will also feature a World Tag Title Fight Without Honor between The Briscoes & WGTT, the rematch between Lance Storm & “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett, and exciting debut of “The Belfast Bruiser” Fit Finlay as challenges ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong.

Now, in addition to that exciting line-up, ROH officials have finalized details on a Meet & Greet prior to the event! This is your chance to meet some of the stars of ROH up close & personal, and get an autographed 8x10 to boot! Here’s a list of the wrestlers taking part:

- “Belfast Bruiser” Fit Finlay
- Lance Storm
- ROH World Tag Team Champions Mark & Jay Briscoe
- Jay Lethal
- “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin

Tickets for “Border Wars” are available right here in the ROH Store and if you can’t be there live, keep an eye on ROHWrestling.com as we expect to have iPPV information available to you very soon. This is the biggest wrestling event to hit Canada in some time, so don’t miss out as the best wrestling on the planet hits one of the best wrestling cities in the world!
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

HarpoonIPA wrote:keep an eye on ROHWrestling.com as we expect to have iPPV information available to you very soon.
:? Just announce it already ROH, the event is in 11 days!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote:keep an eye on ROHWrestling.com as we expect to have iPPV information available to you very soon.
It truly looks as if they haven't had a plan in place over the past few weeks, very disappointing and quite pathetic. I'm sure there is something in the works, and it better work flawlessly for the sake of all the great performers in ROH who bust there asses day in and day out for our entertainment.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

HarpoonIPA wrote:
ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
It truly looks as if they haven't had a plan in place over the past few weeks, very disappointing and quite pathetic. I'm sure there is something in the works, and it better work flawlessly for the sake of all the great performers in ROH who bust there asses day in and day out for our entertainment.
Why is it pathetic? Everyone agrees Go Fight Live wasn't an option anymore right? So quit busting ROH's balls, their working on a solution. They will have a new provider set before showtime and thats all that matters.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Tick Tock, Tick Tock..
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Mdodmod wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote: It truly looks as if they haven't had a plan in place over the past few weeks, very disappointing and quite pathetic. I'm sure there is something in the works, and it better work flawlessly for the sake of all the great performers in ROH who bust there asses day in and day out for our entertainment.
Why is it pathetic? Everyone agrees Go Fight Live wasn't an option anymore right? So quit busting ROH's balls, their working on a solution. They will have a new provider set before showtime and thats all that matters.
It's just obvious they have no idea what they are doing right now. There's no legitimate reason for not announcing where they will show the PPV besides ROH not actually knowing where they are going to show it 10 days out.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

fm20000 wrote: It's just obvious they have no idea what they are doing right now. There's no legitimate reason for not announcing where they will show the PPV besides ROH not actually knowing where they are going to show it 10 days out.
ROH and Go Fight Live just parted ways 3 weeks ago. Since all fans were deeming this as necessary, why can't we just give ROH like, 30 days to look into other companies, send some emails, and fine tune negotiations? I mean this topic was made 18 days after the ROH/GFL break up. People should understand that not everything happens over night.

Anyway ROH said the information is coming soon, so it sounds like were going to know who the new provider is a full week before the event. This is well more then enough time. I mean sure ROH wishes GFL worked out perfect so they didn't have to go through all this, but it didn't, so they're solving the issue and thats all we can ask for.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Its all well and good heavily promoting something but what is the point of doing so when the customer doesnt know how to buy the product. Its shoddy, ROH should be pushing the ippv down our throats (as they are) including how and where to buy it. It seems they havent a clue themselves right now.

Hopefully they can get the Border Wars dvd as quick as they did the SITS ones, then I wouldnt have to worry about the ippv and just wait for the dvd instead.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

They announced Border Wars was on iPPV after they split from GFL, remember.
Last Real Man Hype
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Mdodmod wrote:Why is it pathetic? Everyone agrees Go Fight Live wasn't an option anymore right? So quit busting ROH's balls, their working on a solution. They will have a new provider set before showtime and thats all that matters.
It's pathetic because, if ROH truly knew where we would be ordering from they would be saying. Have patients we have a site all set up and almost ready to go, but we need more time to test out the equipment.......

But it's not that way and hasn't been. On the weekly ROH TV show it's go to http://www.rohwrestling.com/ to find out how you can order Border Wars on IPPV for over 3 weeks now, and there is still no information available.

Yes, ROH is going to sell to us, the hardcore fans. But it's a whole new ballgame with over a million new fans saying WTF, your telling me how good this card is and I'm amped up to buy it, so how do I order it?

I want ROH to grow to be a huge competitor in the industry with selling I/PPV's, they already offer the best in wrestling. But this issue with no place to buy and watch is PATHETIC with a little over a week left before Border Wars
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think they split from GFL because of what happen in SITS they need to doing something quick to stop the fans rant, so maybe his fault is doing it to fast without look for another options, maybe they though WWNLive or Hybrid will help them or idk.
braves87
Banned
Banned

Post by braves87 »

inb4 Justin.tv PPV ..............
User banned for blatant trolling.