Yes I'm being a BALL BUSTA, ROH Border Wars IPPV anouncement

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
KinjiMuto

Re: Yes I'm being a BALL BUSTA, ROH make the anouncement alr

Post by KinjiMuto »

I don't see why everyone is complaining about not knowing where to buy the PPV untill 10 days before the show...

They could have waited the day of, or even better, not had the iPPV at all... just be happy we are getting something
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

KinjiMuto wrote:I don't see why everyone is complaining about not knowing where to buy the PPV untill 10 days before the show...

They could have waited the day of, or even better, not had the iPPV at all... just be happy we are getting something
No offence, but that's fucking stupid.
Last Real Man Hype
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Thomas Bobo wrote:IMO, even as much as I really want to see Davey-Steen live as it happens, ROH has lost goodwill with me on waiting until today to make any announcement.
You wanted them to tell you before they had things finalized?
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Mdodmod wrote:
Thomas Bobo wrote:IMO, even as much as I really want to see Davey-Steen live as it happens, ROH has lost goodwill with me on waiting until today to make any announcement.
You wanted them to tell you before they had things finalized?
You just don't get it, do you?
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

ninetwentyfour wrote:The defending of ROH here is incredible, but to be expected. It's bad business, period, and idiotic. They made inappropriate and unwanted (From certain higher ups) comments on social networking sites outing GFL, whether that was necessary or not based on the personal relationship, who knows. But then they announced an iPPV 6 weeks out without anything concrete in place, as people were saying then, that's bad enough, and now they're going to pay for it in some fashion with perhaps their biggest money match since pre 2009 with nothing concrete 9 days out. ROH wants to move on from GFL? That's cool, they could have been working on something, but the point is, to drop a secure host 6 weeks before one of your biggest shows in a long time without anything secure or any sort of plan (Which obv., they didn't have one) is just stupid.
Border Wars was announced as an ippv with Go Fight Live in place. After Showdown in the Sun occurred, a huge cloud of negativity arose due to the streaming. Fans and the public alike were calling for ROH to solve the situation and so after ROH met with GFL to discuss it, they made the decision to end that partnership. This isn't "idiotic" or "pathetic", it was a completely fair decision almost every ROH fan was happy with, and in many ways a necessary decision.

So that gave ROH 5 weeks to there next big show in Toronto. This isn't a lot of time to find a new provider, its not ideal, but situations change. At that point ROH could have cancelled the ippv and it would be understandable, but luckily ROH decided to go the route of working hard to find a new way to let fans watch the event before showtime.

Today ROH announced that you can order the event on ROHwrestling.com. That gives fans more then a full week to make their purchase. What more do you want?
Last edited by Mdodmod on Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

So now the announcements finally happened. What do you guys think?

I'm kinda scared tbh! ROH aren't the best when it comes to anything technical. I wouldn't be surprised if the stream ends up worse than any GFL ones. I really hope it doesn't though

Edit: I notice it may have been lost on the last page. Here it is again:
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

I just ordered it Order Grand Total: $12.71
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
KinjiMuto

Post by KinjiMuto »

Marketh. wrote:
KinjiMuto wrote:I don't see why everyone is complaining about not knowing where to buy the PPV untill 10 days before the show...

No offence, but that's fucking stupid.
How is that "fucking stupid" ?
I'm just saying things could have been a lot worse is all
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

As of now its great that you can buy future ippvs off ROHwrestling.com. They no longer have to split the cost with GFL, and as such are sharing that savings with ringside members. Great stuff.
The Final Countdown

Post by The Final Countdown »

I noticed one thing that will probably be a negative for some people:

https://twitter.com/#!/ringofhonor/stat ... 4229107712

If you don't want to click it, what that link says is that unlimited replays will be included for one year from date of purchase. So unlike with GFL, you'll only have access to it for a finite amount of time.
Dog

Post by Dog »

I'm sure they've been working on it as fast as they could.

EDIT: Can I buy this thing on Sunday to watch a replay? I will likely not be viewing it live.
187_Joeism

Re: Yes I'm being a BALL BUSTA, ROH Border Wars IPPV anounce

Post by 187_Joeism »

I want it to buy the show and now i can, that´s it, that simple, everyone that complain about it seems pointless to me, is stupid complain because the don´t release it earlier instead of buying the bloody iPPV.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

187_Joeism wrote:I want it to buy the show and now i can, that´s it, that simple, everyone that complain about it seems pointless to me, is stupid complain because the don´t release it earlier instead of buying the bloody iPPV.
NO, NO, NO

When ROH starts putting commercials up during there TV show 3 weeks ago asking viewers to go to ROH's web site to see how you can order the Border Wars IPPV, and then have no explanation on how to do so. We the fans do have a problem, it was Bush League......
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

HarpoonIPA wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:I want it to buy the show and now i can, that´s it, that simple, everyone that complain about it seems pointless to me, is stupid complain because the don´t release it earlier instead of buying the bloody iPPV.
NO, NO, NO

When ROH starts putting commercials up during there TV show 3 weeks ago asking viewers to go to ROH's web site to see how you can order the Border Wars IPPV, and then have no explanation on how to do so. We the fans do have a problem, it was Bush League......
Yeah i agree i felt the same way, what i was saying is that ROH have production problems that we all agree they need to fix, but us the fans sometimes lack a little bit of patience i think.
astoph

Post by astoph »

Well, guess we'll see how this works out. I personally won't order this until I hear how it goes anyway. Like someone already said, ROH is'nt very good at the "technical" things.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I'll be honest and say it doesn't really matter if I watch it live or not. The odds of other things popping up that day are pretty strong so I'll put my reserve of frustration somewhere else. :lol:
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

GardenStateSaint wrote:I'll be honest and say it doesn't really matter if I watch it live or not. The odds of other things popping up that day are pretty strong so I'll put my reserve of frustration somewhere else. :lol:
I agree, and have Evolve 13 that I will be ordering in the next few days to watch live that same night, OH crap I just remembered I have CZW Proving Grounds to watch that night as well, being that I'm a CZW season IPPV ticket holder.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Tree

Post by Tree »

i'm baffled that people are upset by this announcement 10 days out. it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. GFL has been getting worse, not better, with their production of ROH iPPVs, and something had to give.

had improvements been made, i would have been confused by such an abrupt change. but there was no improvement - again, things got worse.

ROH *HAD* to make a change. they were behind the 8-ball as far as time goes, and reports are that ROH wanted to make sure they had all their "duck in a row" before making this announcement.

four options here:
1. Stay with GFL, despite the outcry of fans.
2. Make a change, and go with someone else, like WWN. a nice idea, but i'm not sure how realistic that is.
3. Make a change, and prematurely announce what was in store before even being sure ROH had the capability to do what they wanted to.
4. Make a change, and wait until they were certain they could pull this off.

4 is the ONLY answer here.

now, granted, the odds of there being mistakes is high. ROH pulling off the perfect iPPV the first time out is unlikely. but the fact remains, they've got to give this a go, because GFL wasn't cutting it.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

The whole situation was completely understandable. ROH wasn't even slow in solving the issue. They set up their own service in 4 weeks. To question what was going on is one thing, but fans here were outright calling ROH Idiotic and stupid, regardless of having no clue what was going on behind the scenes.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Mdodmod wrote:The whole situation was completely understandable. ROH wasn't even slow in solving the issue. They set up their own service in 4 weeks. To question what was going on is one thing, but fans here were outright calling ROH Idiotic and stupid, regardless of having no clue what was going on behind the scenes.
Because from a business stand point it is idiotic and stupid. It's clear cut in your face logic.

Tree, where is the option of staying with GFL and making the transition for the following show?