So Steen Takes the Strap...

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GardenStateSaint

So Steen Takes the Strap...

Post by GardenStateSaint »

So let's assume Kevin Steen wins the belt at Border Wars from Davey Richards, where does that take us to Best in the World 2012? Immediate rematch for Davey?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
SteenMark23

Re: So Steen Takes the Strap...

Post by SteenMark23 »

I could see a three way with Steen/Davey/Elgin or even a four corner survival with those 3 and Adam Cole.
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

SteenMark23 wrote:I could see a three way with Steen/Davey/Elgin or even a four corner survival with those 3 and Adam Cole.
They both sound great. I'd be happy to just not have Strong and Eddie involved for a change.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

I still think a 60 minute time limit draw would be awesome.

If he wins tho a storyline with Cornette trying to bring in differnet guys to take the title kinda like Vince/Stonecold attitude era would be cool.
GardenStateSaint

Steen vs. Richards going 60 minutes is hard to imagine. Not saying it can't happen but for two hard hitting guys you would think the match would naturally end way before that.
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

oh god I hope not. nothing against either guy, but a 60 minute match is the last thing I want to see between these two.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

How about a champion vs champion match with Eddie Kingston?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think the rematch with Davey will be at Final Battle 2012, in Best in the World i see Steen defend the title against Elgin or Cole
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

After they had that awesome segment at 10YA, Kingston and Steen eventually have to have a match. It would be perfect for Best in the World if Steen as champion faces the Chikara champion Kingston to see who is the best in the world!
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

rohfanAnthony wrote:After they had that awesome segment at 10YA, Kingston and Steen eventually have to have a match. It would be perfect for Best in the World if Steen as champion faces the Chikara champion Kingston to see who is the best in the world!
Steen is facing Kingston for the CHIKARA Grand Championship in Chicago at the CHIKARA show.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

^Oh he is? I don't follow Chikara so I didn't know.
GardenStateSaint

Not quite sure what I want for Best in the World if Steen comes in as champ but looking way ahead I probably wouldn't want Richards vs. Steen for Final Battle.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

If Steen wins at Border Wars, they would have to do the rematch at Best in the World. After Steen wins that maybe we could have a champion make regular title defenses against different challengers for a change.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

icyhot wrote:If Steen wins at Border Wars, they would have to do the rematch at Best in the World. After Steen wins that maybe we could have a champion make regular title defenses against different challengers for a change.
I they don´t do pointless defenses for the sake of doing and have a background in each differente challenger i´m all a board for that.
TheLethalInjection

Post by TheLethalInjection »

nothing against Mr.Davey Richards but id LOVE to see Steen vs Elgin!
AOTF by LoveRicardoRodriguez, on Flickr
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I think Stenn's gonna win title at Final Battle 2012. This event is special for him.
FB 2009 - turned against El Generico
FB 2010 - goodbye Steen
FB 2011 - welcome back Steen
FB 2012 - The champ is Steen ;)
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

I can see ROH draggining out Steen V. Richards. I don't think Steen wins the title right away. I'd book it like this: He loses at Border Wars (maybe to a run in by Generico or Edwards) setting up a rematch at BITW 2012, in which case he would win this time (in NYC where a big portion of big Kevin Steen moments have happened) only to lose it again at DBD X. Everything culminates at Final Battle 2012, with Steen winning in a crazy match (maybe something with a no Dq match or some stipulation) and goes in to 2013 with endless possibilities. Dragging out Steen V. Richards would make things great, it's the most talked about angle in ROH, having it go for one match only would be a crime.
robert2339

Post by robert2339 »

i think steen needs to win the title at border wars. the second he does the landscape of the company changes.

when steen wins the belt not only will he become a face but if booked correctly he will be the voice of the fans spouting off everything that he thinks is wrong with roh. at the same time cornette and davy become heels. davy becomes disgruntled that he lost the belt to someone he see's as unworthy and Cornette will bring in a slew of wrestlers to get the title back on the type of wrestler he deems worthy.

davy starts listening to kyle and the two of them will destroy anything in their path. this will lead to some fresh tag team matches.

jimmy jacobs sick of being steen's stooge should form an alliance with BJ Whitmer, another former disgruntled wrestler.

just a few thoughts.
GardenStateSaint

I'm more and more for the title change at Border Wars. Holding off on that title change might be that fatal error we've seen before.
projectf40

Post by projectf40 »

Davey & Steen are the two top guys in ROH, ROH is feuding with CHIKARA I think the best way to end Border Wars would be if CHIKARA Wrestlers rushed the ring during the match leading to Steen and Davey being forced to stop stiffing the hell out of each other and to start brawling with the invaders sort of like Austin & Rock had to do against the NWO. Then at Best in The World 2012 we get Davey Richards vs. Eddie Kingston and Steen vs. Quack or Richards/Quack and Steen/Kingston then end the ROH/CHIKARA rivalry at the next iPPV and save Richards/Steen for FB2k12 where they will both be built up as the best guys on the roster.