WGTT, Post Briscoes Feud

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GardenStateSaint

WGTT, Post Briscoes Feud

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Many months ago my interest in Haas & Benjamin began to wane some and I feel it's been that way for a good portion of the fanbase as well. So once the Briscoes feud wraps up where do they go from there?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
icyhot

Re: WGTT, Post Briscoes Feud

Post by icyhot »

Really hope they split them up, at least for awhile. Each could probably have some fresh singles matchups. Don't know who they would matchup with as a team that we haven't already seen them with.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

To defend WGTT, of sorts, I think they kinda sorta hurt them by never putting them in more singles throughout their now over year run. Shelton has had two, with Claudio & Bennett, and Haas has had three, with DR, Elgin, & Mark Briscoe on television. It's one thing to use that as a special attraction, which seemed to be the intent, but then they didn't really deliver on the pairings. Of course, WGTT's performances did them no favors in terms of staying fresh and whatnot, but I feel with the type of product ROH presents, you have to split your teams up more to keep them fresh. Not to mention, it's just logical.

There could have been so much steam in some Shelton singles matches. Specifically against just about any and everyone. Now, they'll still look cool, but won't mean near as much as they could have. If they really give the belt to Steen in May, I'll really question a lot of the things they did with DR in his run, including why they never did singles title matches with these guys. Not even on house shows, at the least. Why not? I am baffled they aren't doing singles matches this weekend with WGTT/Briscoes, which would be infinitely more appealing, but no, more tag matches nobody wants to see.

It's one of my biggest complaints about the TV, actually. Huge nitpick, but it's that they don't do enough random matches, specifically with splitting tag teams. Seems like it's some unwritten rule that you can't split up regular tag teams for singles matches in ROH.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

What I think would be awesome and i'll probably be alone on this is to have them split up and feud. I don't just mean a couple good technical matches, i'm talking about a full on lengthy blood feud(like steen/Genrico). Then after that's said and done with put whoever comes out ahead in the world title picture.
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

ninetwentyfour wrote: It's one of my biggest complaints about the TV, actually. Huge nitpick, but it's that they don't do enough random matches, specifically with splitting tag teams. Seems like it's some unwritten rule that you can't split up regular tag teams for singles matches in ROH.
I'm totally in agreement with you on that one! Remember during the Briscoes vs. Steenerico feud that they did a show that had the teams split into singles matches with gimmicks? One of them was a lights out match I think and I think it was around DBD time in 2007. That kind of thing would have suited this feud just fine. In fact it could have been two weeks worth of TV main events!
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Can't we hope WGTT separated?
Then I don't care WGTT vs. Bravados.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Honestly, I hope they split from ROH. Neither is nearly as talented as what ROH would like to think and aren't worth the big money we know they're probably getting based upon those classic Sunday Night Heat matches people still talk about. They just aren't a good fit, and haven't offered ROH anything in the year they've been here.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

They're such good, easily hateable heels and they've been performing so much better since they turned. It'd be a shame to let them go.
Last Real Man Hype
GardenStateSaint

ninetwentyfour wrote:To defend WGTT, of sorts, I think they kinda sorta hurt them by never putting them in more singles throughout their now over year run.
Thats a possibility but to me they were kinda exposed in the middle of the year on a couple shows as a team that couldn't keep up with younger teams, whether it be age or their style of wrestling.
Granatapersempre

Post by Granatapersempre »

I hope to see a title match between Richards and Benjamin
GardenStateSaint

Granatapersempre wrote:I hope to see a title match between Richards and Benjamin
Proving Ground?
dougiefresh605

Post by dougiefresh605 »

They could do a Proving Ground Match between Davey and Shelton at the 5/18 Tv taping next month