No Davey Richards this weekend

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Re: No Davey Richards this weekend

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

icyhot wrote:Nobody is awarded "points" for "winning" an argument. Unless your health, livelihood, or that of your family's is on the line, most arguments are pointless. An online argument is even more pointless. Nothing wrong with having an opinion and disagreeing with anyone, but when somebody doesn't see things your way, don't get personal. Best way to "win" an argument? Drop it and move on.
What icyhot said. Let's move on from who's 'won' what please guys!
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Considering this all took place yesterday, I'd say we both did :P
cviens

Post by cviens »

I wasn't viewing it as an argument or a competition to begin with, simply a discussion. There are no winners or losers in discussions. Neither of us even declared victory or anything of the sort, so I'm not quite sure why "winning" was brought up in the first place, guys. We've moved on and everything's good.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Also what would be the point of having the champ on the shows if they seem to have done well without him and he can't defend the title since they are locked into Edwards vs Richards 3 at this point.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

I wish theyd go back to giving lower card guys a title shot once in a while. it doesnt have to main event.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

dark patriot wrote:I wish theyd go back to giving lower card guys a title shot once in a while. it doesnt have to main event.
It was never a lower card guy getting a title shot. The lower end guy got wins to get those title shots. Xavier, Jay Briscoe the list goes on and on. I think that is the idea of the Proving Ground matches.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Jimmy Rave, Jimmy Yang,Delirious,Rocky Romero.Dragon defended against them all and they werent main event scene guys at the time if ever and didnt really have a number of wins behind them leading up to the title matches.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

cgstong wrote:Also what would be the point of having the champ on the shows if they seem to have done well without him and he can't defend the title since they are locked into Edwards vs Richards 3 at this point.
Sell more seats.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Richards could still do title defenses and proving ground matches.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

dark patriot wrote:Jimmy Rave, Jimmy Yang,Delirious,Rocky Romero.Dragon defended against them all and they werent main event scene guys at the time if ever and didnt really have a number of wins behind them leading up to the title matches.
I get what you mean but most of those guys won a few matches and had a reputation enough that booking them against the champ wasn't that far of a stretch. Cole or O'Reilly getting a title match at this point would still not be well accepted. Bennett maybe but he should stay in the TV title hunt.
or Fb.com/ROHworld