No Davey Richards this weekend

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cviens

Re: No Davey Richards this weekend

Post by cviens »

Do you not understand that no matter who they put in that position, they'll likely miss shows? It doesn't matter if it's Richards, Edwards, Strong, Elgin, etc. Taking the belt off of Davey isn't going to solve what you seem to think is a problem.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

JSWO wrote:I had no idea he wasn't even on the cards. That comes from having two shows with loaded and unique line ups.
This. I had to do a double-take and check the cards for the shows to see it for myself. I hadn't even noticed he wasn't on the shows. I think ROH did a great job making two unique cards that should make for fun shows. Also, these shows are nothing but filler until "Final Battle," so I don't think Davey's presence is necessary here.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
No Remorse

Post by No Remorse »

JSWO wrote:I had no idea he wasn't even on the cards. That comes from having two shows with loaded and unique line ups.
Not the guy I'd be paying to see anyway.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

cviens wrote:Do you not understand that no matter who they put in that position, they'll likely miss shows? It doesn't matter if it's Richards, Edwards, Strong, Elgin, etc. Taking the belt off of Davey isn't going to solve what you seem to think is a problem.
Elgin hasn't seemed to miss as many shows. I don't understand why my feelings on the matter is such an issue to you. If you don't agree, that's fine. But you seem to be getting a little antsy regarding it. Let's just chill out and move on.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

cviens wrote:Do you not understand that no matter who they put in that position, they'll likely miss shows? It doesn't matter if it's Richards, Edwards, Strong, Elgin, etc. Taking the belt off of Davey isn't going to solve what you seem to think is a problem.
Of course people will miss shows, that's just the nature of the beast. But Davey is missing more shows than a champion should do in my opinion. I know going to Japan is very lucrative and no doubt he will be put in a top match over there so you can't blame him for that.

I just think it looks bad on ROH when you've got your World Champion missing shows regularly. This'll be three he's missed (I think) since he became champion.

They should have kept the strap on Eddie in my opinion as I enjoy his work more anyway. Just my two cents.
cviens

Post by cviens »

syxxpakk wrote:
Elgin hasn't seemed to miss as many shows. I don't understand why my feelings on the matter is such an issue to you. If you don't agree, that's fine. But you seem to be getting a little antsy regarding it. Let's just chill out and move on.
There's no issue so simmer down bud. I'm simply stating my opinion just as you are, and mine just happens to conflict with yours. I don't take comments made on the internet personally nor do I care enough to get antsy over discussions on forums.
ad.breed

Post by ad.breed »

If he keeps missing shows like this the fans could turn on him big time! Honestly I've prefered Eddie's matches this year and I really hope they put the belt on him again at Final Battle. The champion, if he's healthy should be on every show.
davew00d

Post by davew00d »

syxxpakk wrote:
Once a Japanese promotion comes knocking for Elgin, he'll miss shows. In fact if you put the belt on him, he'll immediately attract more attention from elsewhere.

Another thing to consider here is that these B-shows have more chance of breaking even, if ROH isn't having to pay all of their top talent to be on them. Hogan and Warrior used to alternate WWF house shows. Current WWE has split touring groups. They even had split B-PPVs, up until fairly recently.
ad.breed

Post by ad.breed »

ROHWorld_Dave wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:
Once a Japanese promotion comes knocking for Elgin, he'll miss shows. In fact if you put the belt on him, he'll immediately attract more attention from elsewhere.

Another thing to consider here is that these B-shows have more chance of breaking even, if ROH isn't having to pay all of their top talent to be on them. Hogan and Warrior used to alternate WWF house shows. Current WWE has split touring groups. They even had split B-PPVs, up until fairly recently.
True but I can't recall previous champions missing shows. Danielson had a ridiculous schedule on the indies and in japan but he made the events.
davew00d

Post by davew00d »

ad.breed wrote:True but I can't recall previous champions missing shows. Danielson had a ridiculous schedule on the indies and in japan but he made the events.
Roderick missed the first shows after winning the belt - 'Allied Forces' and 'Richards vs. Daniels'. Just one example.
ad.breed

Post by ad.breed »

Damn I forgot that..... he didn't the first ippv of his title reign though did he? :lol:
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

cviens wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:
There's no issue so simmer down bud. I'm simply stating my opinion just as you are, and mine just happens to conflict with yours. I don't take comments made on the internet personally nor do I care enough to get antsy over discussions on forums.
If there's no issue, that's fine, but asking "Do you not understand" in that way seems a bit antagonistic. I completely understand the situation the and do not need it expounded upon. I'm voicing my displeasure with the situation and how I believe it needs to change.
cviens

Post by cviens »

syxxpakk wrote:
cviens wrote:
syxxpakk wrote: Elgin hasn't seemed to miss as many shows. I don't understand why my feelings on the matter is such an issue to you. If you don't agree, that's fine. But you seem to be getting a little antsy regarding it. Let's just chill out and move on.
If there's no issue, that's fine, but asking "Do you not understand" in that way seems a bit antagonistic. I completely understand the situation the and do not need it expounded upon. I'm voicing my displeasure with the situation and how I believe it needs to change.
Well I apologize for hurting your feelings with a simple question. When you post on an internet forum, your posts are open for discussion, so I'll expound upon whatever I want quite frankly.
Last edited by cviens on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

It just seems like you were talking down to me and implying that I was stupid. I've actually been pretty cool about this (said let's just chill and move on), but it seems you're just going to persist with your attitude which is fine since there is always the Foe-option.
cviens

Post by cviens »

If I thought you were stupid, I'd just come out and call you a moron. I'm a rather blunt guy. I've been "cool" about this too, but you've continue to push the non-existent issue and accuse me of being antagonistic thus creating an issue. I had no problem with you until you decided to toss around accusations for the third time. Third strike you're out, buddy.
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

This is already starting to sound like the old forum. Well, it's not THAT bad yet.
davew00d

Post by davew00d »

ad.breed wrote:Damn I forgot that..... he didn't the first ippv of his title reign though did he? :lol:
The type of ROH show really has no bearing on NOAH's or NJPW's schedule or booking direction. If Roderick's NOAH bookings coincided with an iPPV (which they happened to, this June) then he'd miss that show - regardless of whether he was holding a fictional championship or not.

That's just the nature of a non-exclusive roster.
crimsonmasque

Post by crimsonmasque »

I thought it was a mistake on ROH to not have him on the very first show on SBG. I mean, think about: he's the World Champion!
To not have him on the first show; to not showcase him for the new fans of ROH who have never seen a ROH show, that was a mistake.
Regardless of what his schedule was you had to have him on there.

I'm new to ROH myself. Heard about it for years, but didn't have HDnet, and for whatever dumb reason didn't even think to look for their DVDS.

I want them to not just succeed, which obviously they are doing, but to be even more successful.

So yes, there are valid reasons for him not being on that show and this weekends shows, but to grow the brand, I think he has to be seen at more ROH shows.

And yes, I'm a big Davey Richards fan!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

ColourMeCurious wrote:This is already starting to sound like the old forum. Well, it's not THAT bad yet.
Every forum ever has had arguments, and this barely even qualifies as one.
Last Real Man Hype
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Nobody is awarded "points" for "winning" an argument. Unless your health, livelihood, or that of your family's is on the line, most arguments are pointless. An online argument is even more pointless. Nothing wrong with having an opinion and disagreeing with anyone, but when somebody doesn't see things your way, don't get personal. Best way to "win" an argument? Drop it and move on.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.