Is ROH's Glory By Honor still ROH's version of Wrestlemania?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
drmmawresperc

Is ROH's Glory By Honor still ROH's version of Wrestlemania?

Post by drmmawresperc »

I read somewhere a few years ago when Gabe was still with ROH. He called ROH Glory by Honor, ROH's version of Wrestlemania. Is it still considered the ROH's version of Wrestlemania or Is it Final Battle the ROH's version of Wrestlemania now?
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Re: Is ROH's Glory By Honor still ROH's version of Wrestlema

Post by classic-cabana »

Final Battle is ROH's biggest show of the year, its the culimination of a years worth of work and usually features the blow-off match for the biggest fued of the year.

I honestly think GBH is just a name for a show these days rather than a special event, much like Death Before Dishonor and Supercard of Honor
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

classic-cabana wrote:Final Battle is ROH's biggest show of the year, its the culimination of a years worth of work and usually features the blow-off match for the biggest fued of the year.

I honestly think GBH is just a name for a show these days rather than a special event, much like Death Before Dishonor and Supercard of Honor
I agree but i'd remove Death Before Dishonor since it has been featured as an IPPV for the last 2 years. I wish Supercard of Honor, Death Before Dishonor, The Anniversary Shows, Glory by Honor and Final Battle were the 5 main IPPV's every year ....But ROH insists on having various randomly named shows as IPPV's with the odd Old School super show thrown in each year as an IPPV such as Glory by Honor in 2010 but last year it was just a random house show.

I guess what i'm saying is i wish ROH would run the IPPV's with a more known structure. Like how it was back in the day with the WWF: Royale Rumble, Survivor Series, King of the Ring, Summerslam, Wrestlemania. And if ROH wants to run more then 5 IPPV's in a year then just throw a random named IPPV in between.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote: I wish Supercard of Honor, Death Before Dishonor, The Anniversary Shows, Glory by Honor and Final Battle were the 5 main IPPV's every year ....

I guess what i'm saying is i wish ROH would run the IPPV's with a more known structure. Like how it was back in the day with the WWF: Royale Rumble, Survivor Series, King of the Ring, Summerslam, Wrestlemania. And if ROH wants to run more then 5 IPPV's in a year then just throw a random named IPPV in between.
I agree. 3 titles, 1 big weekly TV show and 5 big PPVs every year - that's (still) all you need as a basis for a wrestling promotion.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I think Final Battle is ROH's wrestlemania. I'm glad I can say I attended two of them(2008 and 2011).
iceman311

Post by iceman311 »

I honestly think ROH should keep Death Before Dishonor the same month (July) every year and Glory By Honor the same month (September)every year and supercard of honor the same month (April or May) every year so we as fans can look forward to those months that have those events and they should be iPPVs everytime. Why not?
Guyver3

Post by Guyver3 »

looking back Glory by Honor is actually the weakest name show IMO. Sure there have been some great matches and some shows have been great like GBH 5 night 2 but as a whole Final Battle is hands down the ROH equivalent of Wrestlemania.