Final Battle 2020 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Final Battle 2020 Official Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Go back to jay and mark vs gresham and lethal

Maybe horus vs pco or something

Speeedy recovery for all 4 specially bandido, poor guy.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:25 am Go back to jay and mark vs gresham and lethal

I really hope Bandido doesn't have Covid-19 again. He had a real rough time with it before.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

I hope everyone one of them.is ok.

Maybe its time to do Briscies vs Foundation.

Please ROH don't include PCO in this match. Id have Shane Taylor face PCO and beat him clean
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:51 am
monster mafia wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:25 am Go back to jay and mark vs gresham and lethal

I really hope Bandido doesn't have Covid-19 again. He had a real rough time with it before.
According to LuchaBlog the thinking is he doesn’t actually have Covid despite the test, maybe a slight result from when he was hit hard previously.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:56 am I hope everyone one of them.is ok.

Maybe its time to do Briscies vs Foundation.

Please ROH don't include PCO in this match. Id have Shane Taylor face PCO and beat him clean
I think this is a great idea. Giving Taylor a win over a former champion on a big stage like Final Battle really cements Shane as a top contender for the title.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, thinking we are all thinking the same more or less... oddly maybe helps the card:

You got Briscoes vs Gresham/Lethal (You can add SOS here if you want... i say do it!)

Then you can do PCO vs. Shane Taylor.... OR make the main event a 4 way. I could go either way with this. Think PCO has a title shot in his back pocket; AND Shane Taylor has probably earned one at some point. Not sure how all four guys would mesh; but might work.

Then Rey Horus can go in the 4 way.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Maybe now Silas Young and Dalton Castle can get on the card.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

I think its a bad idea to wait for the free hour to announce the updated card
Montana

Post by Montana »

indyfan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:50 am I think its a bad idea to wait for the free hour to announce the updated card
Think it's good and bad.... may bring more eyes to the pre-show as it's unpredictable... but then also.... it's kinda bad because people dont know what they are getting. I'd say ROH fans, are going to get the PPV before or after the changes... so it may not matter that much. Can't imagine that many ROH fans are disappointed by not getting EC3 vs. Jay Briscoe... i'm not that upset about STP vs Mexasquad' and they can have that match whenever. Would like to see it though. SO i think it really could help the card at the end of the day.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think considering they’ve already or will be pre taping Final Battle, they may as well announce the matches, unless they are thinking or trying out different match ups through the tapings, seeing how they land before announcing anything.

As Montana suggest it looks like it’s to build a bit more interest into the pre show, as well idea that the whole thing is ‘live’, even if it isn’t.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

I think you have to stay as close to the original lineup as possible. Shane Taylor beating Horus one on one is as good or possibly better from a storyline perspective. They've told the story of Jay having other interests and Mark having to find another partner, so you have to stick with the Briscoe/PCO vs the champs, it will me a fun match and no reason to hot shot the Briscoes there. Jay is going to have to lay out an open challenge and provide a entertaining ass-whooping. Missing EC3 hurts some, but shouldn't drag down the whole show.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'd watch the hell out of Jay Briscoe vs Silas Young.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

EvanKnight wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:31 pm I think you have to stay as close to the original lineup as possible. Shane Taylor beating Horus one on one is as good or possibly better from a storyline perspective. They've told the story of Jay having other interests and Mark having to find another partner, so you have to stick with the Briscoe/PCO vs the champs, it will me a fun match and no reason to hot shot the Briscoes there. Jay is going to have to lay out an open challenge and provide a entertaining ass-whooping. Missing EC3 hurts some, but shouldn't drag down the whole show.
I totally agree. keep the card as is. I like Taylor suggestion and with jay an open challenge makes sense and you can still have EC3 run inteference to distract Jay with video package or theme playing.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I'd like Jay to try to replace PCO and Mark refuse cause he's mad still during the preshow, then have Jay show up with someone during the tag match introductions and add themselves to the match. Dalton Castle would be fun if he's in the bubble.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Update on Bandido,

His first initial test came up positive, two subsequent tests reported negative, results, Maryland still said no to coming in. Bandido’s doctors believes the initial test caught the antibodies left by the virus, which usually is in the system for around six months. Should, cross fingers, be back in Jan 2021 which would be an awesome start to the year.

Flamita had no idea he even had COVID, so overall, everyone seems ok just bad luck.

If they are sticking to the tag title match, Jay vs Taylor sounds great, Taylor getting a win here over a former champ especially someone like Jay would set him up really well. I would certainly add Horus to the 4 way, call it a Scramble (does it have to be six to be a Scramble?) which hopefully get people excited.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Fantastic news, couldn’t be more delighted if this is the case as they are the right decisions.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Serious dick move to post spoilers, if legit. Why ruin it for the fans, because you are bitter with the company.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

JoeyNRetrograde wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:45 pm Brody King called out RU$H. Then lost.
No title changes.
Gresham over Flip
Etc
Hunter Johnston

Spoilers 👆🏼
fuck you men.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

What the Fuck. Can someone ban him please

edit: wait a minute...isnt Joey Retrograde Joey Mercury?

How the hell does he know? isnt he unemployed?
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Ignoring Joey and discussing Final Battle...

RUSH vs Brody: It is always fun to watch a title match that is completely up in the air. Questions about RUSH staying and Brody not being quite ready will add to the drama of the match. Should be fun. Either outcome could be good, but if I had to guess, I'd say Brody.

Gresham vs Flip: Gresham to retain, but should be a real good match. Flip needs to incorporate the "mercenary" aspect into his promos, or dial it back in the intro.

Tag Title match: I think you have to keep it as booked contrary to a lot of opinions. I'll go one step further and say its possible we get new champs. Mark & PCO as champs puts Jay and Jay back into the singles mix, takes PSC out of it, gives Mark a showcase, and lets Gresham focus on the Pure Title.

(not) Trios: Up in the air, but I think Shane beating Horus 1-on-1 is the way to go. Builds up Shane, give him something to complain about, and builds up the title match again down the road.

TV Title 4-way: If Lee is staying, he should retain over Draper, if he's leaving, LSG as new champ?

Grudge Tag: This is only half way through, so heels take the win. Bateman and Taven are both head and shoulders above the Kingdom versions of themselves. I do hope after this feud, Taven and Bennett have an ugly split after a failed run at the tag titles and Bennett recreates the Kingdom in his own image. Have King Bennett take this whole thing full circle...

Pure tag: Williams has been on a roll and needs to keep the momentum, so Foundation all the way. I love the pure rules tag format. Disqualification for breaking a pin... This concept will be fun for 2021.

Contract match: I really hope Johnson wins this match. Long term there is way more to get out of Johnson being the one to deny Danhausen and having him fight back against a bragging Johnson to get revenge than in the feel good "wins a contract" story for Hausen.