Final Battle 2020 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Final Battle 2020 Official Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

thebrettclark wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:20 am
BurningHammer wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:16 am new LFI member
Did I miss this announcement somewhere?
Rush has been teasing a new member for a while, which he started up again since his match with Brody was announced.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Must confess I’d sort of accepted it was going to be something like Tracy/Rhett vs The Bouncers in the Pure Rules Tag, and it would be worked as something of a comedy/novelty match with Tracy and Rhett using the rules to make the big lads look silly.

Pumped that Yuta and Yehi are booked. Of the new talent brought in for the Pure Tournament I thought they made the biggest impression. Fred Yehi in particular has so much potential...

I really like this card. However I’m already concerned that Delirious/ROH has done his usual trick of booking far too many matches on the card meaning every match goes too short and yet somehow they still overrun so that main event comes off as rushed too...
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:35 am Brian Johnson vs Danhausen.

So no Kenny King, Silas Young, Dalton Castle, Bouncers?
Yeah, that's kind of what i was wondering. There's already 10 matches booked; so perhaps they get the night off.

Plus, i imagine there will be a pre-show with a few matches on it as well. Perhaps the Pure Rules Tag; and the 4 Way will be on the Pre-Show.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Danhausen vs Brian Johnson has preshow written all over it.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

McXal wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:34 pm Must confess I’d sort of accepted it was going to be something like Tracy/Rhett vs The Bouncers in the Pure Rules Tag, and it would be worked as something of a comedy/novelty match with Tracy and Rhett using the rules to make the big lads look silly.

Pumped that Yuta and Yehi are booked. Of the new talent brought in for the Pure Tournament I thought they made the biggest impression. Fred Yehi in particular has so much potential...

I really like this card. However I’m already concerned that Delirious/ROH has done his usual trick of booking far too many matches on the card meaning every match goes too short and yet somehow they still overrun so that main event comes off as rushed too...
With the show being taped in advance i dont think that will be a problem.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:17 pm

Yeah, that's kind of what i was wondering. There's already 10 matches booked; so perhaps they get the night off.

Plus, i imagine there will be a pre-show with a few matches on it as well. Perhaps the Pure Rules Tag; and the 4 Way will be on the Pre-Show.
Kenny King has COVID. He won’t be in the bubble.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Hope he recovers quickly. I have one relative still in the hospital and one who just got home yesterday from COVID.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Hope he recovers quickly. I have one relative still in the hospital and one who just got home yesterday from COVID.
King should be fine... Me (39),wife (41) & our kids (18,16,13,9,3) had it, including my new born who was born nov 14th. We all had no symptoms. We all wore masks and socially distanced. I ran my businesses remotely for months until that became impossible and i think going back in june caused me to catch it and bring it home. Hope your family member gets well soon.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:31 pm

King should be fine... Me (39),wife (41) & our kids (18,16,13,9,3) had it, including my new born who was born nov 14th. We all had no symptoms. We all wore masks and socially distanced. I ran my businesses remotely for months until that became impossible and i think going back in june caused me to catch it and bring it home. Hope your family member gets well soon.
Congratulations on the new born.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ROH World Championship Match
RUSH (c) vs. Brody King.

ROH Pure Championship Match
Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Flip Gordon.

ROH World Tag Team Championships Match
Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Mark Briscoe & PCO.

Winner Earns ROH Television Championship Match The Same Night
Tony Deppen vs. Josh Woods vs. Dak Draper vs. LSG.

ROH Television Championship Match
Dragon Lee (c) vs. Winner Of Fatal Four Way.

ROH World 6 Man Tag Team Championships Match
MexiSquad (Rey Horus, Bandido & Flamita) (c) vs. Shane Taylor, Moses & Kaun.

Singles Match
EC3 vs. Jay Briscoe.

Tag Team Match
Mike Bennett & Matt Taven vs. The Righteous (Vincent & Bateman).

Pure Rules Tag Team Match
The Foundation (Rhett Titus & Tracy Williams) vs. Wheeler Yuta & Fred Yehi.

Singles Match
Brian Johnson vs. Danhausen.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:39 pm

Thanks. Hopefully he is the last one lol.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

happy for yuta and yehi.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:35 pm

Holy Moly man. 6 kids!!!!!! Genetic Jackhammer.. Time to get clipped lol. i got it after 2 kids

Congrats on the new born.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Doesn’t look like Flamita is in the bubble so there maybe some changes to the Final Battle card.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

indyfan wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:18 am
Shanahan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:35 pm

Holy Moly man. 6 kids!!!!!! Genetic Jackhammer.. Time to get clipped lol. i got it after 2 kids

Congrats on the new born.
Thanks. I wanted 2, maybe 3...my wife wanted big family and she got her way. :lol:
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Final Battle Hour One preshow to air free on:
HonorClub and rohwrestling.com
ROH Best in the Planet STIRR channel
STIRR City channel
Youtube
Facebook

Starting at 8:00 PM Eastern on Friday, December 18. You will also get the preshow if you buy the PPV on Fite TV or traditional PPV.

The four way TV title qualifier is confirmed for the pre show.

The main PPV is confirmed to be 3 hours and will be $19.99 to buy or free for all Honor Club subscribers (not just VIP members like some in the past). So if you aren't already a member the smart way to watch is to sign up for a $10 month of Honor Club.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

$19.99 is a reasonable price for a wrestling PPV.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:51 pm $19.99 is a reasonable price for a wrestling PPV.
Just $9.99 if you're not already an HonorClub member ;)
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

With the health and safety of Ring of Honor’s talent, staff and fans the company’s No. 1 priority during the pandemic, ROH enacted stringent COVID-19 protocols in conjunction with the Maryland State Athletic Commission.

As a result of pre-travel testing, the following performers will not appear at the Final Battle pay-per-view on Dec. 18:

Bandido
EC3
Flamita
Kenny King

All four performers are doing well and resting at home. ROH wishes them a speedy recovery and looks forward to their return to action in 2021.

All other ROH performers, production staff and general staff are safely in the ROH bubble after passing their second round of tests.

Changes to the Final Battle card given this development will be announced during Final Battle Hour One, which airs free from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern on Best on the Planet, STIRR City, Facebook, YouTube, FITE, pay-per-view and for HonorClub members on ROHWrestling.com.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Weirdly I think you can actually make a more sensible PPV overall, will be interesting to see how the TV episodes turn out too.

Hopefully we will get the Briscoes vs Jay and Gresh now, I would have Jay take out PCO just to set up that match up and a match for the future.

Maybe add Horus to the 4 way or make the TV title match a three way with Horus included, or maybe a PCO vs Horus singles match.

I wonder if Taylor will be added to the world title match, I hope he at least gets a singles match to help him further with the audience. Possibly someone from the 4 way or one of Yuta, Yehi.

Anyway there is still a lot of talent to out on a PPV I would be interested in.