Final Battle 2020 Predictions

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
maxx_powerz

Re: Final Battle 2020 Predictions

Post by maxx_powerz »

Lynx wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:16 am And its not like Mark has a singles feud going so what is he supposed to do? Stay on the sidelines till Jay wraps up his things?
I'm just saying, if this was trying to portray how people act in real life instead of making people act how the storyline needs them to act, Jay would wait a show to wrestle EC3 or Mark would wait a show to go for the titles. They've been tag partners for twenty years and this is hardly some long simmering issue coming to a head, they went from 0-60 in like two TV tapings to get to the matches they wanted to do.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:29 pm
famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:19 am Mance Warner is dollar store Jay Briscoe anyway. I don't think that would be a good fit. I like Mance on his own but he's too similar to the Briscoes, and when you put them side by side it's clear Warner is vastly inferior.
What? Not even similar in any way shape or form.
They're redneck brawlers with bushy beards and rowdy, angry dispositions.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

nice match...the title shot is later in the night of the ppv.

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I would've thought Woods would be the challenger for Gresham for the Pure Title. I guess not.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:01 pm I would've thought Woods would be the challenger for Gresham for the Pure Title. I guess not.
I agree. I wonder how they transition success in Pure rules matches (or good showings for Deppen and LSG) to challenging for the TV title.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:03 pm
famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:01 pm I would've thought Woods would be the challenger for Gresham for the Pure Title. I guess not.
I agree. I wonder how they transition success in Pure rules matches (or good showings for Deppen and LSG) to challenging for the TV title.
Well it's not like there's a "TV division" so wins and losses are wins and losses. I don't so much have a problem with these four being in the mix for the TV title as I am confused about who challenges for the Pure title. Unless it's going to be the winner of John Walters vs Tracy Williams?
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:13 pm
famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:19 am Mance Warner is dollar store Jay Briscoe anyway. I don't think that would be a good fit. I like Mance on his own but he's too similar to the Briscoes, and when you put them side by side it's clear Warner is vastly inferior.

So then Jay Briscoe equals Bunkhouse Buck, Terry Funk, and any other southern folk with facial hair and tough appearances. SMH.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:47 pm

So then Jay Briscoe equals Bunkhouse Buck, Terry Funk, and any other southern folk with facial hair and tough appearances. SMH.

I'm just saying, they have a similar physical appearance, gimmick, style, and demeanor. Bringing Warner in to replace a Briscoe would just seem like a store brand replacement.

I'm not saying not to bring in Warner. I'm saying it'd be weird to stick him in Briscoe's spot.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:53 pm

I'm just saying, they have a similar physical appearance, gimmick, style, and demeanor. Bringing Warner in to replace a Briscoe would just seem like a store brand replacement.

I'm not saying not to bring in Warner. I'm saying it'd be weird to stick him in Briscoe's spot.
Yeah tagging Mance and Mark would be incredibly dumb. Mance is great and belongs with a nice shove.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Yeah tagging Mance and Mark would be incredibly dumb. Mance is great and belongs with a nice shove.
Introducing Mance with him tagging with Mark & then a feud with Briscoes is great start. You would have insane promos and great brawling matches. Of course Mance goes over and moves on to bigger things after Ann show.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:51 am

Introducing Mance with him tagging with Mark & then a feud with Briscoes is great start. You would have insane promos and great brawling matches. Of course Mance goes over and moves on to bigger things after Ann show.
When you are trying to maximize the value of what's on your roster you don't shop at the dollar store for ideas. Putting anyone with Mark is stupid.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:23 pm

When you are trying to maximize the value of what's on your roster you don't shop at the dollar store for ideas. Putting anyone with Mark is stupid.
Debuting in tag title match with 1 half of greatest ROH tag teams and then fueding with that team is dollar store idea....sure...i guess he should debut in world title match and hold belt for 2 years. Thanks for the reply Mr Negative.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:38 pm

Debuting in tag title match with 1 half of greatest ROH tag teams and then fueding with that team is dollar store idea....sure...i guess he should debut in world title match and hold belt for 2 years. Thanks for the reply Mr Negative.
Mr Negative? I thought I was Captain Podcast!

You do neither of those stupid sentences. Ideas like this are why fans buy tickets, not try to sell them.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:47 pm

You do neither of those stupid sentences. Ideas like this are why fans buy tickets, not try to sell them.
lets just be honest...if mance went to roh, you would bitch no matter what they did with him because nothing is ever good enough for you.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Just make Mance the Briscoes 2nd cousin and have them be a crew
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:46 am

lets just be honest...if mance went to roh, you would bitch no matter what they did with him because nothing is ever good enough for you.
Yes because the entire pod Hagadorn and I did putting over the Pure Tournament and the Foundation concept never existed. Go sit in general admission once the pandemic is over and stare at the wall.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:42 am

Yes because the entire pod Hagadorn and I did putting over the Pure Tournament and the Foundation concept never existed. Go sit in general admission once the pandemic is over and stare at the wall.
oh shit 1 outta 5k. congrats
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:11 pm

oh shit 1 outta 5k. congrats

There's a lot to like in ROH right now. If you've paid attention you'd have seen me say that.
Captain Podcast
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

What’s wrong with sitting in general admission?
AnHonorableMention

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:52 pm

What’s wrong with sitting in general admission?
Sitting in GA, starring at the wall. He's as far from the ring as possible and looking at the wall behind him, not at the ring.
Captain Podcast